[Port] lenok2dory: Android Wear 2.0 on LG G Watch!

Search This thread

Sam Nakamura

Retired Forum Moderator
Hello...
Probably this question has been asked at least 50 times, but how usable is this port? Right now I am running a 100% stock, still bootloader locked G watch with wear 1.5.
Especially the following facts interest me:
1. Is it significantly slower than wear 1.5?
2. Is it stable (random reboots, hangups etc.)
3. What's the battery life, especially when a multicore-modded kernel is installed
Hello, yeah this is the #1 reappearing question :laugh:
So here we go, slower is relative, it's doesnt feel slower to me but I personally use the this device primarily as watch, sure I have Facebook lite installed to get my notifications via watch, little messaging but that's it....
It's totally stable, never had one random reboot or something and battery is alright too, I use the 4 core enabled boot image with the magisk hotplugging module (mpdecicion) and get easily through a working day, usually 16 to 24 hours depending on my usage, to extend battery life use the "real 2 core boot image", it has hotplugging inbuilt and should save some juice but it's anyway best to check out yourself, you can just flash one after the other to see what suits you

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Labs

Reactions: Pelide

brostar2017

Jan 24, 2017
what is the latest port as the stock install listed is android wear 2.0.0 yet ot, please help.her users have said where 2.9 yet no record of such a file

Radagast82

Sep 10, 2007
anyone here had success downloading music from Google Play Music from phone to watch? installed gpm on the watch via play store, launched it and only ask me whether to launch gpm on the phone or play locally. If i press locally, then it starts to sync and fails after a couple of seconds...

xiton

Oct 5, 2009
what is the latest port as the stock install listed is android wear 2.0.0 yet ot, please help.her users have said where 2.9 yet no record of such a file
When you see users talk about newer versions, they are talking about the versions of the WearOS app on your phone. It's not the version of software on your watch, sadly.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sam Nakamura

Retired Forum Moderator
anyone here had success downloading music from Google Play Music from phone to watch? installed gpm on the watch via play store, launched it and only ask me whether to launch gpm on the phone or play locally. If i press locally, then it starts to sync and fails after a couple of seconds...
You checked storage permissions?
I don't use GPM so I can't say much about it

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs

Radagast82

Sep 10, 2007
Yes i did. What's sounds strange to me is the fact that play music on the watch supposed to have a menu by itself, and not only those two options i mentioned. Is there a way to sideload and install an apk?

brostar2017

Jan 24, 2017
For some reason my watch will not download from the playstore, it just says waiting for WiFi even though it has WiFi connected via the handset running at 44 Mbps. Please help.

Sam Nakamura

Retired Forum Moderator
Yes i did. What's sounds strange to me is the fact that play music on the watch supposed to have a menu by itself, and not only those two options i mentioned. Is there a way to sideload and install an apk?
Sure, just use adb, that's actually the only way...
Like "adb install name.apk" if however the app already exists you'll have to delete it or use "adb install -r name.apk" to update it without losing your settings... This way I installed kernel adiutor, Facebook lite, LSpeed, etc and keep them updated...

Reactions: Pelide

Sam Nakamura

Retired Forum Moderator
failed to install apk... seems like i won't be able to load music on my watch
What means failed and what did you do exactly?
What apk version, downloaded from where?

I never had a problem to adb install an app? There might be a specific apk for AW or you made a mistake?

What's the error output in terminal?

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs

Radagast82

Sep 10, 2007
Nevermind. I figured out how to fix my issue: simply installing on the phone a (very) old version of Google play music and i'm finally able again to sync the music from phone to watch

brostar2017

Jan 24, 2017
hi i am having issues with my lg g watch android wear 2.0 that i havent had before, the newer rom file stopped working and was constantly on waiting for wifi so i did a restore to stock then went back up to the first new rom file for android wear which seemed to be working without issue until it updated android wear to wear os on the watch and now it wants google play services to update yet it wont it gets to 11.28 mb of 18.09 mb and fails every time and then states it cannot install the update. i have restored the firmware twice on the watch and same issue every time and cleared cache and memory of the apps on my handset which made it download a little more on the watch but then it failed again and again. any ideas how to fix this

Sam Nakamura

Retired Forum Moderator
hi i am having issues with my lg g watch android wear 2.0 that i havent had before, the newer rom file stopped working and was constantly on waiting for wifi so i did a restore to stock then went back up to the first new rom file for android wear which seemed to be working without issue until it updated android wear to wear os on the watch and now it wants google play services to update yet it wont it gets to 11.28 mb of 18.09 mb and fails every time and then states it cannot install the update. i have restored the firmware twice on the watch and same issue every time and cleared cache and memory of the apps on my handset which made it download a little more on the watch but then it failed again and again. any ideas how to fix this
Well, I run the latest build with latest WearOS app without such issues, I'd try to clean flash latest build, switching to older versions isn't recommended as you'll miss out certain fixes...

brostar2017

Jan 24, 2017
tried with the latest build and it just sits on waiting for wifi even though wifi is running at 44 mbps and wont download anything

Sam Nakamura

Retired Forum Moderator
tried with the latest build and it just sits on waiting for wifi even though wifi is running at 44 mbps and wont download anything
That never happened to me but I read about this bug and there was a simple solution to it but I can't remember, nor did I find it yet...

Anyone got a clue about it?

brostar2017

Jan 24, 2017
any help would be appreciated, the new build doesn't allow me to use LTE yet the older one does. ive tried the new build on this thread and the new build on the home button thread and both do the same, it work fine since the start of this project then i woke up the other day and this happened. the old build starts downloading but fails half way and allows me to use LTE the new build wont allow LTE at all and wont download at all even though wifi is at 44 mb.

Sam Nakamura

Retired Forum Moderator
any help would be appreciated, the new build doesn't allow me to use LTE yet the older one does. ive tried the new build on this thread and the new build on the home button thread and both do the same, it work fine since the start of this project then i woke up the other day and this happened. the old build starts downloading but fails half way and allows me to use LTE the new build wont allow LTE at all and wont download at all even though wifi is at 44 mb.
You did basic troubleshooting?
Like rebooting the system, wiping app data (or cache) from Playstore / Play Services?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all, Android Wear 2.0 Nougat is finally here for LG G Watch!

Installation:
    1. Unlock your bootloader on your watch (if it's not unlocked).
    2. Download latest kernel (boot.img) and system image (system.img) to your PC
    3. Reboot to fastboot
    4. Flash those images using fastboot (fastboot flash boot boot.img, fastboot flash system system.img)
    5. Run fastboot -w (it will factory reset your watch)
    6. Reboot
    7. Done! ;)
    Wipe is recommended!
    Also, you can check out this video guide by @CedArctic:

P.S. Use "shake wrist" gesture to open apps drawer

Downloads:

Credits:
    • @armada786 for helping to determine the reason of Settings crash. Without him it could take more time for porting

XDA:DevDB Information
    lenok2dory, ROM for the LG G Watch

Contributors
    ab123321
    Source Code: https://github.com/lenok2dory

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP

Version Information
    Beta
    Current Beta Version: 1
    Beta Release Date: 2017-06-20

Created 2017-06-20
    Last Updated 2017-06-21
    Update Mpdecision works now without magisk

So i was able to find why the watches where not able to able to launch mpdecision on boot whereas as shell (and consequently magisk) would be successful. Long Story Short it came down to Selinux (the people that care about that kind of thing can unpack the image to get to the oneliner heh). So ive put up two versions. One with only two cores and another with all four cores enabled. Compared to the always on dual core these are tad bit slower but not by much. I'll probably focus on adding lz4 first to the kernel for a hopefully faster responding device and with that comes the possibility of ramdisk, then ill see if i get to adding smart_eps. No eta's on either of course.

EDIT:Forgot to mention, if the cores are still not sleeping, ill upload my system image that has a few extra libraries that i found were erroring out when i straced mpdecision, should be fine without them for the moment.

No Worries!
    Is this on github so I could compile it, or would you still need to actually make the fix?
    Ill put my stuff on github once i start working on getting the kernel on lz4 but otherwise i havent put anything up yet

To be clear you dont need magisk anymore for mpdecision if you use these boot images
    New update!
    It is based on latest LG G Watch R image. Boot.img will be available soon, for now you can use one from previous build.
    Note: now there is answer button during incoming calls!
    **OUTDATED SEE UPDATED LINK BELOW** Dual Core Boot img

***mpdecision now works see https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=72886013&postcount=260 for the lastest version***

Alright got it the modifications working, although not sure if mpdecision is actually active (top doesnt show mpdecision) but at least it boots and at least shows two cores with ondemand, and yes its much better :p

also setting all cores active and pushing to performance HELPS alot on boot time (not as slow anymore)

the last thing we need now is zram compiled kernel and we should be good to go (the watch really needs more than 512mb)

I dunno... We should keep an eye on su just in case. Maybe they implemented some sort is basic safetynet for 2.0? Highly doubtful though.
    not really it might just be likely that its trying to switch to wifi on a intermittent/spotty bluetooth connection (my polar watch does this sometimes and wont go back to bluetooth unless i disable wifi) really does depend on how good/bad the bluetooth stack/drivers on the host device are.

EDIT: these edits are based on invisiblek's ramdisk along with ab123321's
    Hello everybody!
    Sorry, I had no time to keep up with this forum for few months :(

Am I going to port oreo? No, it's too complicated since chipset support is end.
    Will there be any updates? Probably yes, if I will find some time.

P.S. OP was updated with data wipe instructions