[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][harpia][9] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

facuarmo

Apr 13, 2014
Pilar
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Boot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build
  • Boot to recovery again
  • Flash gapps
  • Reboot
Downloads :
  • Builds :
    • Expect builds to be published per-post.
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Thanks @Luk1337 for this thread template.

XDA:DevDB Information
LineagOS 16.0 for Moto G4 Play, ROM for the Moto G4 Play

Contributors
facuarmo, @ki, Razhor, Squid2, SubhrajyotiSen, AOSP, LineageOS community and all the testers involved.
Source Code: https://github.com/Harpia-development/los_harpia

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie

Version Information

Created 2018-10-13
Last Updated 2018-10-13

facuarmo

Apr 13, 2014
Pilar
Build from October 13th, 2018

Download: lineage-16.0-20181013-UNOFFICIAL-harpia.zip

MD5:
Code:
483fc73a9d871e8284d84d21e0559535

SHA256:
Code:
cb55307e4155babf63344649ca85dcc1c0ccb2cd1514abbfe57503ef38a6f415

Release notes: Rolled back to Pixys common tree, please test. You should be able to flash this build on top of the previously working one without any issues.

Last edited:

facuarmo

Apr 13, 2014
Pilar
@facuarmo

"DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN"
-when I saw pie for the harpia

You never cease to amaze me with your abilities.

lel, this is pretty much not my work, as the ones who began this, if I'm not wrong, were @@ki and @subhrajyotisen, the last one has left. What I did was to help fix some bugs like camera issues, then fix HDR (thanks to @Alberto97's old shims patches) and bring enforcing SELinux (which is now looking for some tweaking, as I've surely allowed too much).

Oh BTW, this night, I've been patching the kernel with some changes from exp5 branch of my little experimental kernel for Nougat and applying pretty much everything from squid_oreo :). A new build is on its way.

EDIT: Oh, and there's a little workaround for the WebView crashes that I decided to give a shot, which is, instead of using Jelly browser as the default with its implementations, just switch to AOSP's Browser2, and, in a test build I flashed, it seems to be working just fine! And it served as a great way to justify the removal of Jelly, I just hate it.

Off topic begins here

Yo, please come back to Telegram, we miss u #UwU

Last edited:
Reactions: clonechill

facuarmo

Apr 13, 2014
Pilar
Build from October 15th, 2018

Download: lineage-16.0-20181015-UNOFFICIAL-harpia.zip

MD5:
Code:
d3a753463e6b8425b7557cbbf6baf00a

SHA256:
Code:
a5ca0e7652edb0a6c14b9be56d7fbd41414035d1d298dd72da87d030ef3e3301

Release notes:

• 14/10 - Use AOSP WebView to reduce crashes and lags, solve all remaining denials after updates.
  • 15/10 - Updated kernel to match most of squid's oreo patches, included some missing useful patches from exp5.

Last edited:

Jayome Mevarg

Feb 21, 2017
Neiva
First, thank you very much for your work ... I tried the Rom and it worked most things ... Except the most important one for me ... Making and receiving calls ... The calls come and go but they do not hear me and I do not listen to the person ... Could you fix that please?

jasonmerc

Dec 14, 2012
www.ixquick.com
@facuarmo Is this stable enough for daily use? I saw someone mentioned that calls don't work, is this a common problem? And other than that, is everything else pretty much good to go? I'm considering flashing this here

facuarmo

Apr 13, 2014
Pilar
First, thank you very much for your work ... I tried the Rom and it worked most things ... Except the most important one for me ... Making and receiving calls ... The calls come and go but they do not hear me and I do not listen to the person ... Could you fix that please?

I'm glad you liked the ROM, about the issues you're experiencing, please tell me more about your device. Have you dirty flashed on top of an old build? What about just trying to call again? I'm asking cause no one else reported such an issue.

I'll be waiting for your reply! :cowboy:

@facuarmo Is this stable enough for daily use? I saw someone mentioned that calls don't work, is this a common problem? And other than that, is everything else pretty much good to go? I'm considering flashing this here

Yes, no one faced any issue like the one that's just been reported.

Reactions: jasonmerc

Jayome Mevarg

Feb 21, 2017
Neiva
I'm glad you liked the ROM, about the issues you're experiencing, please tell me more about your device. Have you dirty flashed on top of an old build? What about just trying to call again? I'm asking cause no one else reported such an issue.

Look ... It's just that when I make a call or a call comes in, it does not ring, it just appears that I'm already on the call ... But there's no audio neither incoming nor outgoing

Zorry for my english... I speak spanish

facuarmo

Apr 13, 2014
Pilar

Look ... It's just that when I make a call or a call comes in, it does not ring, it just appears that I'm already on the call ... But there's no audio neither incoming nor outgoing

Zorry for my english... I speak spanish

lol just pick a ringtone. BTW, I invite you and anyone who wants to join us at t.me/somefeak or take a kook at the quick builds delivery channel at t.me/romdelivery.

Jayome Mevarg

Feb 21, 2017
Neiva
lol just pick a ringtone. BTW, I invite you and anyone who wants to join us at t.me/somefeak or take a kook at the quick builds delivery channel at t.me/romdelivery.

Facuaramo ... Thanks for answering ... It's not a matter of the ringtone ... It's that if there's an incoming or outgoing call the person who calls can not hear me and I do not listen to her either ... She stays as if she were in mute

facuarmo

Apr 13, 2014
Pilar
Facuaramo ... Thanks for answering ... It's not a matter of the ringtone ... It's that if there's an incoming or outgoing call the person who calls can not hear me and I do not listen to her either ... She stays as if she were in mute

I'd suggest you to just factory reset and flash again, cause no one else faced such issue. Anyways, if you aren't really okay with that, please provide me some logs.

Last edited:

Nostil123

Feb 26, 2015

Yes, no one faced any issue like the one that's just been reported.

Hello! I have not yet tested this ROM (LineageOS 16), but seeing our friend's comment, I also had this same problem with a PixysOS.

During a call the microphone and sound will not work.

In the case of PixysOS I did flash with wipe system, data ... everything.
Tried with stock, pico and no gapps

Thanks for the effort and good work!

Aquib sayyed

Dec 15, 2017
The ROM is just awesome! No bugs at all. Calls are working for me. Great work! A very fast ROM with no lag. This is my daily driver for 2 days and it is perfect.
I would recommend this to anyone who wants a good pie ROM for harpia.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    • Builds :
      • Expect builds to be published per-post.
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Thanks @Luk1337 for this thread template.

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineagOS 16.0 for Moto G4 Play, ROM for the Moto G4 Play

Contributors
    facuarmo, @ki, Razhor, Squid2, SubhrajyotiSen, AOSP, LineageOS community and all the testers involved.
    Source Code: https://github.com/Harpia-development/los_harpia

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie

Version Information

Created 2018-10-13
    Last Updated 2018-10-13
    Build from November 8th, 2018

Download: lineage-16.0-20181107-UNOFFICIAL-harpia.zip

MD5:
    Code:
    da213808e3a0dfff5600833d37817e43

SHA256:
    Code:
    d90e911a48ad54594989e28ab624184436b9071df3aac311d2b4b2754920ceed

Release notes:

• Updated init process.
    • Replaced the whole way in that we handle denials for vendor modules, both private and public allow rules have been put together to make them easier to maintain.
    • Removed obsolete and unnecessary flags.
    • Brought back old kernel page shrink API as it wasn't compatible with our version of kgsl (causing GPU lags and crashes during first boot).
    • Fixed PowerHAL SELinux denials which caused zygote to crash whenever you plugged an USB cable (not seen by users, happened during test builds).
    • Reverted all patches related to power saving as they didn't play well with this device.
    • Added and fixed FM Radio support.
    • Ported some configs and properties from cedric.
    • General performance improvements (thread selection for dexpreopt).
    • Decrease GPS logging.
    • Enable smart battery (experimental).
    • Use lzma to build recovery imge.
    • Disable vulkan.
    • Setup zram during init: use lz4 algorithm, decrease disk size to 256 MB instead of 512 MB, use 4 compression threads.
    • General performance improvements for text fields and window renders.
    • Increased media volume and voice call steps to 60 and 7, respectively.
    • Fixed HALs issues with FM Radio.
    • Disabled OEM unlock toggle.
    • Shorten shutdown time.
    • Enable sustained performance mode.
    • Increase media and voice call volume steps to 60 and 7 respectively.
    • Compiled SnapDragon Camera.
    • Improve performance and stability on: EXT4, sdcardfs, timing, networking: tcp/diag, encryption, scheduling, ALSA, ksm, generic atomic reads for arm.
    • Pass new clocks for both CPU and GPU: 1.36 GHz and 465 MHz, respectively.
    • Fixed kernel issues.
    • Improved display default colour set (KCAL).
    • Improved responsiveness.
    • Force enter deep sleep.
    • Fixed CPU hotplugging.
    • Fixed input lag.
    • Fixed several UI crashes.
    • Fixed UI overlay errors.
    • Fixed all kernel bugs related to sdcardfs permissions (causing random kernel panics/reboots).
    • Added UKSM!
    Does anyone have a working link for downloading this?

Don't worry, I'll provide a new build ASAP, it's just that I'm quite busy with some school projects.
    That's good to hear, Do you have any plans to support the harpia whenever lineage on Q drops?

For sure, I still didn't take a look at the new source, if it only supports x64 builds, there's gonna be a lot of work, but I'll do my best! :cowboy:
    Build from October 13th, 2018

Download: lineage-16.0-20181013-UNOFFICIAL-harpia.zip

MD5:
    Code:
    483fc73a9d871e8284d84d21e0559535

SHA256:
    Code:
    cb55307e4155babf63344649ca85dcc1c0ccb2cd1514abbfe57503ef38a6f415

Release notes: Rolled back to Pixys common tree, please test. You should be able to flash this build on top of the previously working one without any issues.