FORUMS

[ROM][OFFICIAL][NIGHTLIES] LineageOS 17.1 Harpia

291 posts
Thanks Meter: 468

By jeferson1979, Recognized Developer on 23rd March 2020, 12:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Known issues:

Instructions:
  • Download the latest build, official TWRP (3.3.0 and newer)
  • Boot the downloaded TWRP via fastboot
  • Flash the latest build
  • Reboot

Downloads:

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 17.1 Harpia, ROM for the Moto G4 Play

Contributors
jeferson1979
althafvly
Device tree

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: lineage

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 17.1
Stable Release Date: 2020-03-22

Created 2020-03-22
Last Updated 2020-03-22
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to jeferson1979 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd March 2020, 12:37 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Taió

More
Reserved
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jeferson1979 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd March 2020, 12:39 AM |#3  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Taió

More
Always giving thanks to @facuarmo and @Akyanonimous for the great support
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jeferson1979 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd March 2020, 10:57 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Help. i tried to flash this ROM and my phone have bootloop.
25th March 2020, 04:36 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I was a long term user of Pixel Experience ( Android 9 / Pie) and enjoyed it's stability. As it is no longer maintained I thought I would try out some of the latest Android 10 / Q ROMs to see how they compared. I still kept the zip file for Pixel on my SD card by way of a fall back if I wasn't happy with the latest unofficial Android 10 ROMs.

I gave Havoc OS a try for a few days and to an extent I liked it with the ability to very much set up the ROM as you like with multiple customisation options. I , however, found that the overall experience wasn't very good with quite a bit of lag and some random crashes of apps etc. I am sure with future updates it will be a much better ROM and I may well give it another try out.

After Havoc I went back to Pixel Experience for a few weeks until the next unofficial Android 10 ROM was released. Thus far I have been very happy with Lineage 17 with no bugs , lag , crashes or issues at all thus far. The only slight grumble is that the music app widget is not really required on the ' 2nd page ' and indeed was just a big black blob. I deleted it straight away. I will probably continue to use this as my daily driver for some time to come and give thanks to @jeferson1979 and any other Devs who contributed for all their hard work and for us to be able to keep our old Harpia phones going with the latest android version.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Indiawallah71 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Indiawallah71 Ad-Free
26th March 2020, 01:26 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiawallah71

I was a long term user of Pixel Experience ( Android 9 / Pie) and enjoyed it's stability. As it is no longer maintained I thought I would try out some of the latest Android 10 / Q ROMs to see how they compared. I still kept the zip file for Pixel on my SD card by way of a fall back if I wasn't happy with the latest unofficial Android 10 ROMs.

I gave Havoc OS a try for a few days and to an extent I liked it with the ability to very much set up the ROM as you like with multiple customisation options. I , however, found that the overall experience wasn't very good with quite a bit of lag and some random crashes of apps etc. I am sure with future updates it will be a much better ROM and I may well give it another try out.

After Havoc I went back to Pixel Experience for a few weeks until the next unofficial Android 10 ROM was released. Thus far I have been very happy with Lineage 17 with no bugs , lag , crashes or issues at all thus far. The only slight grumble is that the music app widget is not really required on the ' 2nd page ' and indeed was just a big black blob. I deleted it straight away. I will probably continue to use this as my daily driver for some time to come and give thanks to @jeferson1979 and any other Devs who contributed for all their hard work and for us to be able to keep our old Harpia phones going with the latest android version.

How you installed this ROM? Because i flash with TWRP 3.2.1-0 (the last version for Harpía) and use ARM Gapps for Android 10 but dont boot (have bootloop).
26th March 2020, 12:00 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakul94

How you installed this ROM? Because i flash with TWRP 3.2.1-0 (the last version for Harpía) and use ARM Gapps for Android 10 but dont boot (have bootloop).

I have indeed installed the latest Lineage 17.1 Rom and it works great. I , too , have the latest TWRP and found it very straight forward to install the zip file for Lineage , with ARM GAPPS for Android 10 and the latest Magisk for rooting my device. I assume when flashing the Rom etc you did a clean install by doing an Advanced wipe of Davlik/ART Cache , System , Data and Cache before proceeding. Good luck and hope you are able to get it going.
26th March 2020, 11:44 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiawallah71

I have indeed installed the latest Lineage 17.1 Rom and it works great. I , too , have the latest TWRP and found it very straight forward to install the zip file for Lineage , with ARM GAPPS for Android 10 and the latest Magisk for rooting my device. I assume when flashing the Rom etc you did a clean install by doing an Advanced wipe of Davlik/ART Cache , System , Data and Cache before proceeding. Good luck and hope you are able to get it going.

Yes, i did every step to flash this ROM but no result. The phone have bootloop.
27th March 2020, 10:04 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
latest TWRP for harpia is 3.2.3-r1. find that here - https://forum.xda-developers.com/dev...6870#downloads
try that and see if it bootloops.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bacanos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bacanos Ad-Free
28th March 2020, 03:12 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacanos

latest TWRP for harpia is 3.2.3-r1. find that here - https://forum.xda-developers.com/dev...6870#downloads
try that and see if it bootloops.

Thank you very much. You are an genius.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sakul94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sakul94 Ad-Free
28th March 2020, 07:55 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
@jeferson1979 Your roms are what a rom should be! I have never thought that android 10 can run this smooth in this tiny device. All Thanks to you. Rom is very stable and is best rom available right now after AEX pie which is again your offering.
Unlike past developers your focus is more towards usage and fixing things rather than pure compiling/half baked pieces and that's what old time developing was...
Thanks to keeping this device alive. I use it because of it's light and small and easy to carry.
Now the only thing remaining is- I guess SELinux.[COLOR="Silver"]
The Following User Says Thank You to newinnov For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift newinnov Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)