Originally Posted by ashishwebmail
You are using 5 cm long wire. Is it critical to get the signal improved? Have you tried different lenghts?
Have you got the screenshots made outdoors or indoor? How consistent is this resolution?
I have not done so much experiments so as to say anything about length of the wire. However I have concluded something which I can share :
1) Requires a lot of time. Beyond you can think of.
2) Greed is not good especially if you are short tempered and lack patience.
3) Always check durability of the configuration. It may be working best on 1st day but worst on 3rd day. So check durability by firmly pressing the part of the cover covering the wire or by a little shaking of the device.
4) Make sure you are not going to open the back cover in future (for purposes like removal/replacement of sim card or memory card ) so as not to disturb the configuration. But if it's urgent, get prepared for another wastage of time.
5) Check signal using GPS Test App (made by Chartcross Limited - Recommended ) in an open area like rooftop and away from tall buildings as it may give indirect signals to your mobile. Signal from all GPS satellites must be green in color and SNR should be above 35. Maximum SNR could be 43 - 45.
The screenshots in my previous post were taken on the roof. Here I am providing some other pics.
Pic1 : The top view of the mobile without cover.
Pic2 : The screenshot taken in my room just below the roof.