FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[harpia][8.x] Cache ext4 to f2fs

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By tugagear, Junior Member on 3rd December 2018, 09:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
How about friends of XDA I encourage you to open this thread because I had the curiosity to change the cache partition of my team from ext4 to f2fs since the read that this has certain benefits on ext4, here in the forum I did not find much the truth always on the internet I read the same "edit the fstab to change from ext4 to f2fs" and "your kernel has to support f2fs" the kernel is not a problem, natively it already supports f2fs so there was only the fstab but they never said how to do it or they just said formatee with twrp and ready so playing a bit with the mount command and the qcom.fstab file gave me a little idea of ​​how this works.

The file fstab.qcom is located in "/ system / vendor / etc /" (Android 8) this is responsible for checking the partitions in the boot "system, data, cachr, boot etc" basically there are the variables that would occupy the kernel to mount the partitions (fs tipe, mount flags, mount point etc.

The only thing that needs to be done so that you can boot the computer with the partition in f2fs is to edit the file a bit

Original
"/ dev / block / bootdevice / by-name / cache / cache ext4 rw, nosuid, nodev, noatime, barrier = 1, data = ordered wait, check, formattable"

Edited
"/ dev / block / bootdevice / by-name / cache / cache f2fs rw, nosuid, nodev, wait noatime, check, formattable"

Note that only changed from ext4 to f2fs and removed barrier = 1, data = ordered, if you do not delete these 2 options the computer will not start, it will remain stuck in the bootlogo

Now you just have to restart in twrp and change the file system to f2fs restart and it should work.

And that would be all, quite easy truth xD I'm pretty green in this the truth but someone to serve this information.

Note: you can do the same with the system partition only if being honest ext4 is a much better option for a read-only partition.

That's all thanks for taking the trouble to read, I leave screenshot of what I raise, by the way I speak Spanish and I have to use the translator to publish this xd sorry.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_WhatsApp_20181203-155127.png
Views:	302
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	4657721   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_WhatsApp_20181203-155018.png
Views:	302
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	4657722   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_DiskInfo_20181203-155206.png
Views:	304
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	4657723  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tugagear For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tugagear Ad-Free
11th January 2019, 06:15 AM |#2  
Flag Lima
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Good job
Excellent Job
30th April 2019, 03:24 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Question important
Hola amigo me podrías ayudar tengo mucho interés en hacerle esto a mi moto g4 play pero dime algo, esto funciona con la rom stock rooteada? o solo con una Custom Rom? y que ventajas tiene cambiar de EXT4 a F2fs?
por cierto no si se hablas español o inglés
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)