FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Overall love

814 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,605

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 25th July 2017, 07:19 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Yes, yes, it's possible to love a phone. Heck, you sleep next to it, don't you? Rate this thread to indicate your love for the Moto G4 Play, all things considered. A higher rating indicates that the Moto G4 Play is an incredible phone that you enjoy tremendously. You love it.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
The Following User Says Thank You to XDA_RealLifeReview For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDA_RealLifeReview Ad-Free

26th July 2017, 02:45 AM |#2  
Flag Goiânia
Thanks Meter: 3

More
The device is one of the best in the low cost range, but not in stock rom, the development of it is very good, there is no shortage of surprising news, and the community grows very fast
26th July 2017, 09:25 AM |#3  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 170

Donate to Me
More
From the moment that I purchased this phone, I have not felt any regrets for doing so:

There are a lot of ROMs for the harpia (Moto G4 Play) in XDA, there is a decent amount of internal storage available for plenty of apps (16GB), the processor (Snapdragon 410, Quad Core, 1.2GHz) has never disappointed me with slowness, there is 2GB of RAM which is more than enough for multitasking, there is a 3.5mm headphone jack ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) and LTE support, which contributes to very fast cellular speeds. There is as well VoLTE, which I have never had the opportunity to try out, since my carrier does not support it yet.

The only things, that I would have loved to be featured in the device, are the fingerprint sensor, a camera which worked greater under darker conditions, NFC and .. the compass sensor?! (I don't know what was the deal with removing the compass sensor.. Seriosly, Lenovo, why would you do that?)

Overall, I am going to rate the phone with 4/5 stars and would recommend it to everybody who does not mind about the missing features I have mentioned above (I can perfectly live without them, they do not ruin my user-experience the slightest bit).
The Following User Says Thank You to ProudlyTM For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ProudlyTM Ad-Free
26th July 2017, 06:46 PM |#4  
Flag Cuyahoga Falls
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I just got the phone Yesterday (for $34, which I find to be an amazing deal!), and as kid (14) who had an LG Leon (MetroPCS version with XenonHD mod), and a crap tablet (2 MP rear camera, speakers are VERY QUIET, and take nearly 5 MINUTES to boot) this is a HUGE upgrade to me. I really like the FM Radio, since it really comes in handy whenever I'm out (I have no service on this phone so...). The camera is a little better than the Leon and I'm excited to be using something that has Android Marshmallow (and soon to be Nougat! ), and not Lollipop. I'm still finding stuff about this phone I love (like how many ROMS I can choose from for this phone).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Originalsboy11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Originalsboy11 Ad-Free
4th August 2017, 06:56 AM |#5  
Flag Buenos Aires - Argentina
Thanks Meter: 1,099

More
I've been using flagship (mostly Samsung) devices for years. Got this one when my Note 5 got stolen and my spare first gen Moto X had a broken microphone. It actually surprised me quite a lot! I mean it has an LCD screen with a quarter of my last phone resolution, but it looks fine, although not at the moment since I broke the original screen and this newer (I believe fake one) has less brightness and saturation. The camera is good, pretty much the same as the 2013 Moto X. The battery life is insane, even with a custom rom. It's tough, it's durable, and pretty much doesn't need a case to go everyday. It was going to be my temporary phone until the Note 7 arrive, something that we know that it never happened. But I like it. It's not blazingly fast like my other devices, but for normal taks (web browsing, Whatsapp and light 2D games) gets the job done. Altough it's not the best phone I've ever had, it's the one I like the most, and that's because I don't have to baby it like other fragile glass/metal devices. This thing went underwater for two hours and went out turned on and still working, and dropped it in the middle of Times Square the last vacations (had a hard time looking for the battery tho). Yeah, I love it, until I get my hands on the Note 8.

The only thing I hate is the lack of a gyroscope sensor. Seriously, was it necessary? GPS is almost unusable without it. You have to walk to any direction in order to see where you're heading.
16th December 2017, 11:43 AM |#6  
Flag Maracaibo
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Excelent!!
19th December 2017, 02:33 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I got 2, one for my daughter in white/gold and one for me in black.

I did a lot of research before buying as I wanted something affordable but also with a decent (not great) screen and camera, but most importantly, I checked here to see if the phone had an active development community (a must), which it does!
The Following User Says Thank You to el_figurin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift el_figurin Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)