New spare battery whitout proper temperature reading...

Search This thread

bleuxeon

Jan 25, 2012
Near COGNAC (FR)
hi,
I have just received a replacement battery, have had a charge discharge cycle, and it look ok.

But I did just figured that the temperature reading is nothing but real :

- put the phone outside at -5°C for 30 min, batterie temp reading :23°C
- put the phone in charge on a QuickCharge 2 charger and go from 20% to 70% : 15°C :mad:

It seems to be a common thing on spare replacement batteries to have bad or simply NO temperature sensor.
For my Nexus 5 I have had the same issue.

The question is : is this temperature reading used to stop charging when its getting to much hot or even the phone itself?
Or does the phone itself has its own temp sensor that will shut it down or stop charging?

Edit : the litle white humidity disc checker on the same face as the contact is also missing...

Thanks

Last edited:

ObiDanKenobi

Dec 15, 2011
Cluj
I also have a "5000 mah" slim battery, it is showing 23 degree non stop, so obviously not working. It gives me great battery life though.

Reactions: popy2006

popy2006

Mar 22, 2007
Yes, it is a slim one. They have relisted it https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1Pc...32664650213.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.e4MP7m. It was gone from the site for about one month.

Yeah I have that same one with no issues. Love that brand

thx, i will get those batterys to test them out.

is the battery life (same usage and apps) better than on original battery?
i think my original battery is degreasing its power it can store, because i am using it ~1,5 years now.

thx
pOpY

WAIDroid

Dec 28, 2011
I did this for testing purposes....

With my Original Battery I charged with USB 2.0 Quick Charge and with my LG OEM Battery Charger and I got 2 Hours more with the Battery Charger. My Test: had the screen brightness@40 and in the whole time. So 5HRs vs 3HRs

Note: the OEM Battery Charger doesn't have Quick Charge. To my understanding you should always charge slow and not fast. I find these Quick Charge Technology just a gimmick

Last edited:

Impact Blue

Sep 2, 2010
Is that TOTHL battery really 5000mAh? I feel like a lot of those budget extended batteries all lie about capacity.

Impact Blue

Sep 2, 2010
It's a lie! I bought one and its real capacity even less than original. Don't waste your money!

Too late!! I already bought it, but it wasn't too expensive (2 x $20 usd, shipped)

So far, the same SOT as the stock batteries. I doubt they'll last long, after multiple cycles.

The biggest battery saver has been uninstalling Facebook Messenger...sad.

WAIDroid

Dec 28, 2011
Too late!! I already bought it, but it wasn't too expensive (2 x $20 usd, shipped)

So far, the same SOT as the stock batteries. I doubt they'll last long, after multiple cycles.

The biggest battery saver has been uninstalling Facebook Messenger...sad.
You do realize these Slim Extended Batteries or and All Extended Battery can't be charged with USB? Time&Time again i keep saying y'all need to buy these Battery Chargers! (Linked in My Thread)

Truth: Either a Chip in the battery, Motherboard via Phone or.... inside the OS Kernel is it's locked @3000mah so if you charge (via USB) a Extended Battery it'll charge only @3000mah and nothing more. I've tested it. Even charging overnight

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts