By kessaras, Recognized Developer on 4th September 2017, 07:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th April 2019, 10:06 AM |#811  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kessaras

It's lowest possible by default. 1mv lower and you will have random crashes

Got it. I've asked because I know (in the computer and laptop world) that every CPU is different so maybe I can target a lower level than another one (lucky CPU).
The Following User Says Thank You to NickName777 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NickName777 Ad-Free

17th April 2019, 06:53 AM |#812  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 8,592

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickName777

Got it. I've asked because I know (in the computer and laptop world) that every CPU is different so maybe I can target a lower level than another one (lucky CPU).

nah, it will do more damage than good. since 2012 more than 5k g4 ended dead because of a crap CPU, you better not test voltages. And everyone else too, don't get any strange ideas.
The Following User Says Thank You to kessaras For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2019, 01:57 PM |#813  
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 194

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kessaras

nah, it will do more damage than good. since 2012 more than 5k g4 ended dead because of a crap CPU, you better not test voltages. And everyone else too, don't get any strange ideas.

But has it been LG's fault or Qualcomm's? Just wondering...
(Sorry for the off topic)
17th April 2019, 02:00 PM |#814  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 8,592

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by polfrank

I don't know who assempled the motherboard.
The problem was not on the cpu chipset. The problem was at the cpu installation.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kessaras For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2019, 01:16 PM |#815  
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by polfrank

LG played it safe with 808 because of 810 overheating problems and my guessing is that by design these chipsets have problems. Most OEMs tried to overcome them in different HW revisions but not all succeeded.
The answer to your question is BOTH.
The Following User Says Thank You to ufocus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ufocus Ad-Free
21st April 2019, 11:19 AM |#816  
Flag EU, Poland, Warsaw, Lublin, Pulawy
Thanks Meter: 1,386

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufocus

LG played it safe with 808 because of 810 overheating problems and my guessing is that by design these chipsets have problems. Most OEMs tried to overcome them in different HW revisions but not all succeeded.
The answer to your question is BOTH.

None succeeded tho. Only one who succeeded was Samsung by using their own Exynos chip instead

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
2nd June 2019, 09:02 PM |#817  
Flag Highland, Utah
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Dead link
Anyone happen to have the latest Nougat Titan kernel lying around on their phone or something that they could link up? Deleted my old copy and download link on thread seems to be dead. I think the latest version was 1.8 I believe.

Thanks!
2nd June 2019, 09:11 PM |#818  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by princearic

Anyone happen to have the latest Nougat Titan kernel lying around on their phone or something that they could link up? Deleted my old copy and download link on thread seems to be dead. I think the latest version was 1.8 I believe.

Thanks!

Link is working for me. Tap on the folder name text, not the icon. No ofense, just trying to help
2nd June 2019, 09:38 PM |#819  
Flag Highland, Utah
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Thanks for checking so I at least know it's working for someone. Still getting a bad gateway so I'll try again later.

False alarm. Seems to be alive again.
10th June 2019, 06:47 PM |#820  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,

Please help. I flashed this kernel to my h185. (official bootloader unlock - twrp - install image-new.img - boot)
My problem: At low battery levels (15-25%), the phone restarts and does not boot. I can only recover if I reflash the stock rom from twrp. I aslo tried the 1.7, 1.8 versions.
ROM: V29a stock nougat
TWRP: 3.3.1-0-g4

Thanks
11th June 2019, 10:42 AM |#821  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 261

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachek

Hi,

Please help. I flashed this kernel to my h185. (official bootloader unlock - twrp - install image-new.img - boot)
My problem: At low battery levels (15-25%), the phone restarts and does not boot. I can only recover if I reflash the stock rom from twrp. I aslo tried the 1.7, 1.8 versions.
ROM: V29a stock nougat
TWRP: 3.3.1-0-g4

Thanks

I think it is more battery problem: it happens to me without this kernel after 3 year with the same battery.
The Following User Says Thank You to alberteske For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alberteske Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)