[KERNEL][N][H815-H811][CM/AOSP] Llama Sweet Kernel

Search This thread

genesixxbf3

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 16, 2014
Le Havre
i still believe its something in the kernel.
i didn't flash llama for my 1st time with RR ( for the 1st time i have RR with stock lineage kernel ) and i can record on 720p (back) and 1080p (front) with Snap Camera.
Using footej camera that has api2 by default i can also record on 4k (back).
After flashing llama ,
*snap camera can't record anything.
*In footej if i enable OIS i lose the ability to auto focus and i have to manually tap to focus and shot a photo. if i disable OIS i have auto focus again. About video, i can record successfully on 1080p and 4k is nowhere to be found.

So how can it not be llama kernel related if the bug in stock is fixed and the camera is fully working ?

Weird @wartomato can confirm ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

genesixxbf3

Mar 16, 2014
Le Havre
i still believe its something in the kernel.
i didn't flash llama for my 1st time with RR ( for the 1st time i have RR with stock lineage kernel ) and i can record on 720p (back) and 1080p (front) with Snap Camera.
Using footej camera that has api2 by default i can also record on 4k (back).
After flashing llama ,
*snap camera can't record anything.
*In footej if i enable OIS i lose the ability to auto focus and i have to manually tap to focus and shot a photo. if i disable OIS i have auto focus again. About video, i can record successfully on 1080p and 4k is nowhere to be found.

So how can it not be llama kernel related if the bug in stock is fixed and the camera is fully working ?

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Google Pixel 8 Pro

here
https://xdaforums.com/g4/development/rom-cyanogenmod-13-0-lg-g4-t3477475/page351
since this page.
if you read the discussion we have, we thought at first it was a RR bug. So i flashed stock official lineage too to check it.
I saw the video working.
So now , today , i flashed RR official and video also working......................

EDIT:
lg g4 RR rom video recording 4k resolution,
https://goo.gl/photos/qz4HWxRhB7wduyDT7

Clearly camera recording on RR (see logo upper left corner) is working. Need to see the os version too ?
So that's why i guess it's a Llama Kernel bug.

EDIT2: @genesixxbf3, will it also help debugging it if
1) i record a video on official RR stock kernel and keep a logcat and afterwards i flash llama kernel and record a video and logcat ?
2) Enable/disable OIS , record video, logcat ? (both, stock and llama)
Comparing 2 logcats maybe its easier to find a bug.

~~~~~~ Isn't anyone else using llama kernel here and wants to help make it perfect ? People , wake up ~~~~~~~

No need for all of that. Bug fixed already

Last edited:

genesixxbf3

Mar 16, 2014
Le Havre
here
https://xdaforums.com/g4/development/rom-cyanogenmod-13-0-lg-g4-t3477475/page351
since this page.
if you read the discussion we have, we thought at first it was a RR bug. So i flashed stock official lineage too to check it.
I saw the video working.
So now , today , i flashed RR official and video also working......................

EDIT:

Clearly camera recording on RR (see logo upper left corner) is working. Need to see the os version too ?

1) i record a video on official RR stock kernel and keep a logcat and afterwards i flash llama kernel and record a video and logcat ?

~~~~~~ Isn't anyone else using llama kernel here and wants to help make it perfect ? People , wake up ~~~~~~~

I just released a new build for H815 in the normal folder with some revert of camera stuff that i added just try it

wartomato

@genesixxbf3 sorry, did not follow except @kessaras posts on Lineage...
The Camera was /is working perfectly on my h815.
Like codeworkx already stated there: 1080 is working on the combined photo/vid screen (2 button screen) as the maximum. 4K recording is working when choosing the (only) video mode from the menu on the lower right.
I don't know what this was all about, actually...

I tested and used both stock and Llama... no probs here.

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Google Pixel 8 Pro
@genesixxbf3 sorry, did not follow except @kessaras posts on Lineage...
The Camera was /is working perfectly on my h815.
Like codeworkx already stated there: 1080 is working on the combined photo/vid screen (2 button screen) as the maximum. 4K recording is working when choosing the (only) video mode from the menu on the lower right.
I don't know what this was all about, actually...

I tested and used both stock and Llama... no probs here.

meh...
too late. bug is fixed now. Video rec is working on RR and on any rom combined with llama.

kpirnie

Recognized Contributor
@genesixxbf3

hey mate. little confused hoping u can help

flashed in this order. Tylers RR, BeansMini Gapps. The latest Llama Kernel... the Latest SuperSu and 2.7.9 (after first fail)

Everything flashes fine... expcept supersu fails to install... and im stuck without root.

Formatted Data, System, Cache first...

any ideas? Do I need to unothodox clean my g4? i came from stock based H81120v

Any other ideas?

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Google Pixel 8 Pro
@genesixxbf3
hey mate. little confused hoping u can help
flashed in this order. Tylers RR, BeansMini Gapps. The latest Llama Kernel... the Latest SuperSu and 2.7.9 (after first fail)
Everything flashes fine... expcept supersu fails to install... and im stuck without root.
Formatted Data, System, Cache first...
any ideas? Do I need to unothodox clean my g4? i came from stock based H81120v
Any other ideas?
yes! but wrong thread
:laugh:

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Google Pixel 8 Pro
im askimg here because it seems to only happen when i flash this kernel with it.

default kernel in the rim has no problems installing super su...

its because its the only kernel. Otherwise it would happen with all kernels.
root is part of the rom.
if the rom is rooted with magisk then you can't flash supersu just like that.
tyler has magisk in his builds. Anyway its rom side.
Ask in tyler thread

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Google Pixel 8 Pro
tylerdurden has no root in his build. look at the topic

you r right i checked it inside right now.
oke, maybe he just had flashed magisk from before or dirty flashed an update and had magisk before.
Anyway the only reason for supersu to fail, is magisk and before going to supersu he has to flash magisk uninstaller.
Otherwise just flash magisk again to patch the new boot.img

kpirnie

Recognized Contributor
oke, maybe he just had flashed magisk from before or dirty flashed an update and had magisk before.
Anyway the only reason for supersu to fail, is magisk and before going to supersu he has to flash magisk uninstaller.
i dont and wont flash magisk. and yeah... tyler does not have root in his rom.

and as i said i came clean... formatting data cacahe syatem first. flash rom then gapps next. then flash kernel... then flash supersu where it fails

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

im also no noob when it comes to flashing.

this issue only occurs after flashing the latest version of this kernel.

im currently on a nandroid dump of an older version of the same rom.

which i flashed like i flashe every other rim.

clean
flash rom
flash gapps
flash kernel
flash supersu

i went and flashed the latest version ofnthis kernel after i restored the nandroid... then tebooted... and supersu was gone... so i went back to recovery and teied flashing supersu... and once again it failed

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

im going to try an unorthodox cleaning in a little bit. just waiting for the wife to get home with the kids (is case they need to call me...)

ufocus

Dec 5, 2014
@kevp75 If i were you i would let the ROM boot without custom kernel and root. After that flash llama v7.3-24.05 and SuperSu 2.79SR3, wipe cache. If this does not help wipe internal storage before flashing anything. Maybe KDZ latest clean? Never experienced this problem like yours.
Edit: i apologize for repeating you if you already are intending to do this.

Last edited:

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Google Pixel 8 Pro
i dont and wont flash magisk. and yeah... tyler does not have root in his rom.

and as i said i came clean... formatting data cacahe syatem first. flash rom then gapps next. then flash kernel... then flash supersu where it fails

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

im also no noob when it comes to flashing.

this issue only occurs after flashing the latest version of this kernel.

im currently on a nandroid dump of an older version of the same rom.

which i flashed like i flashe every other rim.

clean
flash rom
flash gapps
flash kernel
flash supersu

i went and flashed the latest version ofnthis kernel after i restored the nandroid... then tebooted... and supersu was gone... so i went back to recovery and teied flashing supersu... and once again it failed

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

im going to try an unorthodox cleaning in a little bit. just waiting for the wife to get home with the kids (is case they need to call me...)
I'm running this kernel too and flashed his latest without having this issue.
If that's not it , simply I don't know anything else , ask for more professional help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Ffh7iRSV.png

Llama Sweet For AOSP​

Code:
    /*  *** Disclaimer
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, 
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research 
    * if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * BOOM goes the Dynamite
    */

Rules
    1. if you have any issue do some research before posting
    2. I want Respect, No troll and limited off-topic

http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F6934LnV.png

Bunch of new governor like Barry_Allen, Lion Heart, Impulse, zzmoove ...*
    Improved Interractive
    Powersuspend
    Dynamic FSync
    Sound Control
    Frandom

http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FVaf9sD7.png

* Boot into Recovery
    * (Recommended) Make a complete backup of entire rom
    * Flash boot.img (zip will come later) corresponding to your variant (teasing)
    * Reboot

http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FU3aRERH.png

http://host.erwanleboucher.fr/

http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FSLs9k0V.png

I would like to thanks every developer that help me RenderBroken, REV3NT3CH, Lord Boeffla , Dorimanx, Neobuddy89, Savoca, Faux123, and Many More!

And of course every user that enjoy this kernel and every donators

XDA:DevDB Information
    [KERNEL][N][H815-H811][CM/AOSP] Llama Sweet Kernel, Kernel for the LG G4

Contributors
    genesixxbf3
    Source Code: https://github.com/genesixx/LlamaSweet-msm8992

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2017-02-11
    Last Updated 2017-02-11
    bluesleep wakelock you mean the bluetooth ? .................
    we have those wonderful roms; RR , crdroid and more that block wakelocks. block those bt wakelocks and problem solved. (bt=bluetooth) Same with bleScanner.

---------- Post added at 12:09 ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 ----------

@genesixxbf3 , are you still with us ? Do you still maintain g4 or did you quit ?
    i understand that LG is horrible but life goes on. You can still improve Llama a lot if you want and as time passes everyday we gain more and more knowledge.
    Don't quit g4 please. Later this year we will also have android 7 drivers finally....

Well in fact LG G4 is dead, LG killed it. I can't improved more the only problems we have, are because of LG. Still waiting for LG to release N , hoping they improved a lot, then i'll start everything from scratch. I still build everyday and server cost is expensive and i might have to move to Paris alone. ATM i'm just thinking about doing stuff to pay the server that's all i don't have time for the rest.
    I'll update the kernel today or tomorrow with the lastest merge from los it may be better for su

here
    since this page.
    I saw the video working.

EDIT:

I just released a new build for H815 in the normal folder with some revert of camera stuff that i added just try it