[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][O][UsU] LineageOS 15.1 [H815] DEPRECATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

BracesForImpact

May 13, 2011
it's working perfectly to me. I installed it via Magisk btw. :)

Thanks, I'm going over the thread now trying to get a grasp on exactly what I have to flash. I think I get it all except for this step.

Your bootloader stack should be on MM 20p or higher! (see FAQ #20 for how to upgrade your bootloader stack)

I have flashed the baseband package from the USU thread titled "H815_UsU_baseband_flash-in-twrp"

So can I just flash the N modem? How do you clean flash the modem partition?

This phone has always been 6.0.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

BracesForImpact

May 13, 2011
Not too shabby, got it first try. It's like having a brand new phone. Still in the process of restoring with TBU, but I've seen no bugs as of yet. I want to thank the dev for this hard work on Lineage for the G4. I was so excited when I got this phone, and I liked it so much I kept it even though it couldn't be rooted. Over the last couple of years, I would occasionally wish it was rooted because for me it brings so much more freedom and fun to the mobile experience. Today it finally became reality. I'm looking for the donation page when I next get paid, and you have my sincere thanks!

Reactions: steadfasterX

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
Thanks, I'm going over the thread now trying to get a grasp on exactly what I have to flash. I think I get it all except for this step.

I have flashed the baseband package from the USU thread titled "H815_UsU_baseband_flash-in-twrp"

So can I just flash the N modem? How do you clean flash the modem partition?

This phone has always been 6.0.

Thanks to anyone that can help.
Read the OP and you will find the TWRP flashable link for the Nougat Modem. Clean flash means just to flash that file.

Sent from my LG-H815 using XDA Labs

Last edited:
Reactions: BracesForImpact

BracesForImpact

May 13, 2011
Only real issues I've had is force closing of Camera and Messenger occasionally. I've installed Xposed too, so that could be causing the issue. Again, great ROM and thanks for the hard work.

JSSSX

Aug 22, 2018
Hello steadfasterX,

I am actually on July version, which has been working very fine even if there is some slowdown (firefox or my banking stuff) and some extra battery drain.
Anyway I am pleased with it.

I was wondering how can I update to the last version without losing all my stuff and not requiring titanium backup.

Can I just flash directly the new version on my G4 ? Hope this is possible without erasing stuff.

As usual , thanks for your kind help and sorry if my english is kind of approximate.

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
Excellent rom! Using the september build and is working great.

Any difference with the current build?

Yes.. See here the:
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=77708214&postcount=880

Hello steadfasterX,

I am actually on July version, which has been working very fine even if there is some slowdown (firefox or my banking stuff) and some extra battery drain.
Anyway I am pleased with it.

I was wondering how can I update to the last version without losing all my stuff and not requiring titanium backup.

Can I just flash directly the new version on my G4 ? Hope this is possible without erasing stuff.

As usual , thanks for your kind help and sorry if my english is kind of approximate.

Well yay better to clean flash (so wiping data system cache) but I have made the update dirty here too like that:

Full TWRP backup!
Titanium backup just for the case is another good one

Wipe system (very important due to path changes in the ROM!)
Wipe cache and dalvik
Flash ROM
Flash LOS root add-on --> if needed only ofc
Flash gapps again!
Reboot

That way it worked for me for the most parts. Google play music for example force crashed always and 1 or 2 other apps like Google cam which all could be solved by reinstalling them again.
You may also need to resubmit app permissions like storage read etc when starting an app.

Besides that it works fine so far (3 days usage)

BracesForImpact

May 13, 2011
Thanks, I figured it out. I'm using Magisk anyway. The new update is very smooth, very nice with a clean install. I think tap to wake was removed though :( Thanks for the update!

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
Thanks, I figured it out. I'm using Magisk anyway. The new update is very smooth, very nice with a clean install. I think tap to wake was removed though :( Thanks for the update!

Yes as mentioned double tap to wake up has been removed due to high battery drain but most important because it's just not working properly due to faulty drivers by LG. Just set the volume keys to wake up the device which is working perfectly

Last edited:
Reactions: ufocus and fil3s
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */

About LineageOS:
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8 (oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the Suicide Squirrel and LineageOS Github repos.
    If you would like to contribute to do not hesitate to submit patches :)

**** These builds are for UsU'd devices only ****
    UsU? http://bit.do/unlockg4

Requirements
    • Your device need to be unlocked by UsU
    • Your bootloader stack should be on MM 20p or higher! (see FAQ #20 for how to upgrade your bootloader stack)
    • Latest TWRP - PREVIEW build: click
    • Clean modem partition (so no UsU baseband flashed) - see Installation topic for details

Installation
    1. If you have ever flashed the UsU baseband package: Clean flash the modem partition in TWRP:
      - TWRP flashable N modem (recommended)
    2. Full wipe like described here (click & go to FAQ "#zzz") is highly recommended. DO NOT REPORT ISSUES when you have skipped that step!
    3. Flash LOS
    4. Flash GApps (8.1 - ARM64) if you like to use google apps
    5. Flash SuperSU / Magisk if you want root
    6. Boot (will take long on first boot!)
    7. Enjoy

Download

Get your builds from my leech server
    http://leech.binbash.it:8008/lineage/oreo/h815-UsU/

Note:
    1. Builds are updated as soon as possible. There is no build cycle.
    2. Information pertaining to your device is displayed accordingly.
    3. The current build is the latest for your device.

Known issues:
    • Check the current issues at the github tracker (feel free to help, provide logs etc!)

Credits
    • LineageOS
    • ThePiGuy
    • kessaras
    • steadfasterX
    • and more..

Sources

XDA:DevDB Information
    lineage-usu-h815, ROM for the LG G4

Contributors
    steadfasterX, ThePiGuy, kessaras
    Source Code: https://github.com/Suicide-Squirrel/local_manifests/tree/los-15.1

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 20p or higher firmware
    Based On: pure LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-06-20
    Last Updated 2019-07-10
    Forgot to mention but new build up (April)

Happy flashing ..

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using XDA Labs
    new build up

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using XDA Labs
    Hey! I'm using it and it works flawlessly except 1 thing for me. I use bt calls much but now it has background noise as mentioned in known issues section. I can live without it but I hope you to solve this problem. Is there anything I can do for help? Thanks again @steadfasterX
    Thanks for offering your help but unfortunately you can't do anything at the moment. I'm working on it at highest priority because I need it by myself but this issue is absolutely a nightmare and not easy to fix