Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][P][F500,LS991,H81x,US991,VS986] LineageOS 16.0

4,581 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,427

By steadfasterX, Recognized Developer on 10th May 2019, 11:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

Code:
/*
 * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
 * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
 * Same statement for XDA.
 */
About LineageOS:
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

**** These builds are for both: official unlocked and UsU'd devices ****
UsU? http://bit.do/unlockg4

Requirements
  • Your device need to be unlocked either officially (h815 international or h811) or by UsU
  • Your bootloader stack should be on MM 20p (20x for H811) or higher! (see FAQ #20 for how to upgrade your bootloader stack).
    .... and for your convenience I have even created TWRP flashable files for that here
  • in particular that means this thread is for:
    F500 (UsU'd)
    H810 (UsU'd)
    H811
    H812 (UsU'd)
    H815 (official unlocked or UsU'd)
    H819 (UsU'd)
    LS991 (UsU'd)
    US991 (UsU'd)
    VS986 (UsU'd)
  • Latest TWRP - PREVIEW build: click
  • Do a full Nandroid backup before doing anything!

Installation
  1. This step is for UsU'd devices only:
    If you have ever flashed the UsU baseband package: Clean flash the modem partition from your backup in TWRP.
    If you do not know if you ever flashed it simply flash your modem partition again and you can be sure. This can't do any harm.
    If you have no backup:
    - TWRP flashable MM modems (N will not work)
  2. Full clean install as described here (FAQ "#2") is highly recommended. DO NOT REPORT ISSUES when you have skipped that step!
  3. Flash LOS
  4. Optional (f-droid is already included): Flash GApps (9.0 - ARM64) if you like to use google apps
  5. Optional: Flash the official LOS root-addon (addonsu-16.0-arm64-signed.zip) or Magisk if you want root
  6. Boot (will take a bit on first boot!)
  7. Enjoy

Features
  • Pure LineageOS ROM experience
  • F-Droid included (Open Source alternative to Google Play)
  • Torch workaround included (requires root atm - check known issues)

Known issues:

Keep in mind that this is brand new stuff so it may contain issues unknown yet!
That's why the whole project is declared as BETA - not STABLE.

It wasn't until Pie felt stable enough for everyday use that I released it publicly, but I still can't test everything on my own, so a lot of things only show up after a release.
So back up regularly and frequently!

If you find a bug, follow the instructions here and provide me with the logs: FAQ #1

• Check the current issues at the github tracker (feel free to help, provide logs etc!)

Download

Get your builds from my leech server
http://leech.binbash.it:8008/lineage/pie/

Note:
  1. Builds are updated as soon as possible. There is no build cycle.
  2. Information pertaining to your device is displayed accordingly.
  3. The current build is the latest for your device.

Credits
  • LineageOS
  • The Suicide-Squirrel team (ThePiGuy, kessaras, steadfasterX)
  • aoleary
  • WiZaRd981
  • berkantkz
  • and more..

Sources
XDA:DevDB Information
lineage-16.0, ROM for the LG G4

Contributors
steadfasterX, ThePiGuy, kessaras, aoleary, WiZaRd981, HardStyl3r
Source Code: https://github.com/Suicide-Squirrel/...e/lineage-16.0

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: 20x or later
Based On: pure LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-05-11
Last Updated 2019-05-27
The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to steadfasterX For This Useful Post: [ View ]

10th May 2019, 11:14 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q #01: I want to report an issue. What is the proper way to do so?
I'm glad that you are asking: before doing so check the KNOWN ISSUES topic in the OP!
If your issue is not listed there follow the directions here briefly and I may can fix it: GUIDE
Ensure you have done a full CLEAN install before doing so (refer to FAQ #2 for what that means).

Warning: NO SUPPORT when:
- magisk is installed (known to cause issues sometimes - regardless of the ROM or version)
- Xposed is installed (known to cause issues sometimes - regardless of the ROM or version)
If you have installed any of these UNINSTALL or better do a FULL CLEAN install (see FAQ #2) before doing anything else. Often enough these above causes several issues like battery draining, problems on booting and much more. Even when they may work properly you should re-produce your issue without them first and follow the above to grab the log.

Q #02: I want to install clean, how? What is a clean install? What is the recommended way to flash a new ROM version?
A clean install ensures that there are no leftovers from any previous install. One can say that there are 2 phases of a clean flash:
1) regular
2) full - when you (still) encounter issues

Usually the regular one is fully ok when flashing a new ROM version but if you encounter strange issues nobody else is reporting or if a release post is recommending it you should do a full clean install instead.

A regular clean install can be done like this:
  • WIPE -> Advanced -> select: System + Cache + Dalvik
  • Flash the ROM

A full clean install needs 2 steps more then the regular:
  • follow the steps for regular clean
  • go back in WIPE -> touch the "FORMAT data" button and type "yes" to format the internal storage (you will LOOSE ALL YOUR DATA - obviously)
  • REBOOT -> Recovery
  • Flash the ROM
It is absolutely recommended to create a backup before and COPYING IT to your PC(!) before doing the above.

.-
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to steadfasterX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th May 2019, 11:14 PM |#3  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to steadfasterX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th May 2019, 11:18 PM |#4  
Flag Coimbra
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Nice. I never used UsU before, is that really necessary? I'm unlocked.
11th May 2019, 12:12 AM |#5  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,168

Donate to Me
More
Glad we got Pie too. Hope it gets much more stable asap. Great work
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to berkantkz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th May 2019, 01:03 AM |#6  
Flag Seville
Thanks Meter: 107

More
can't wait, android pie plus LOS 16 is coming! Many thanks

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8+ using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Komekokos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Komekokos Ad-Free
11th May 2019, 02:05 AM |#7  
Flag Seville
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Deleted
11th May 2019, 09:39 AM |#8  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrogcsb

Nice. I never used UsU before, is that really necessary? I'm unlocked.

where do you read that UsU is necessary..?

.-
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steadfasterX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th May 2019, 10:58 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
No builds atm ...
11th May 2019, 12:07 PM |#10  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by terema91

No builds atm ...

dunno how i can say it more clear that this is in progress... https://i.imgur.com/bffYoNp.png

.-
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to steadfasterX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th May 2019, 06:49 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
No progress atm ...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)