FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.X | 17.X for LG G4 | Android 9.X | 10.X

4,626 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,277

By kessaras, Recognized Developer on 5th September 2019, 07:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from kessaras: Lineage 17 will be released as soon as it's stable enough

Lin·e·age

/LineageOS/

1. lineal descent from an ancestor; ancestry or pedigree.
2. a sequence of species each of which is considered to have evolved from its predecessor.

Download from my unofficial LineageOS Download Folder:
Mega: Lineage 16.0
Mega: Lineage 17.0

Open Gapps:
http://opengapps.org/#
-LG G4 needs Platform "ARM64"-
-*You don't have to use Gapps if you don't want to-

Wiki:
https://github.com/Suicide-Squirrel/...17.0/README.md
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/h815
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/h811
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_G4

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
Contributors
kessaras
steadfasterX

[B][U]Additional information and details here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/development/rom-lineageos-16-0-t3929082[U][B]

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.X | 17.X for LG G4 | Android 9.X | 10.X, ROM for the LG G4

Contributors
kessaras
Source Code: https://github.com/Suicide-Squirrel

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: !!>>>>> Nougat v29A <<<<<!!
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 16
Current Beta Version: 17

Created 2019-09-05
Last Updated 2019-09-05
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to kessaras For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th September 2019, 07:13 PM |#2  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 13,081

Donate to Me
More
Yea LOS 17 isn't even out and you made it
You have done an awesome job here again!

I didn't know that you plan to build and offer LOS 16(!) as well... maybe you describe the difference to my builds so I and everyone else understand why you are doing this?

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using XDA Labs
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to steadfasterX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th September 2019, 11:48 PM |#3  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Athens

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfasterX

Wow I didn't know that you plan to build and offer LOS 16 as well... maybe you describe the difference to my builds so I and everyone else understand why you are doing this?

No I'm not building 16.
I just made the thread for lineage 17 because that's the only one I'm going to build for this specific device.
I could also share nothing and build for myself.
Is there some problem ? Your post looks like you are attacking me for some reason. Is it about glory ?

Very kind of you.
We r alone here in a legacy device full of problems and we keep this device alive when most of developers quit on it, and even LG quit on it and the first thing I see below lineage 17 op is you attacking me. But I won't delete it. I will keep this post there to remind me of this day.
And to think that I also actually linked to your thread out of respect of it...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kessaras For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th September 2019, 02:28 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Awesome man can't wait to try this out! Kessaras Just curious is the LOS 16 your build of it or just SFX one? Just wondering cause i want to try it out.
6th September 2019, 04:50 AM |#5  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 13,081

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kessaras

No I'm not building 16.
I just made the thread for lineage 17 because that's the only one I'm going to build for this specific device.
I could also share nothing and build for myself.
Is there some problem ? Your post looks like you are attacking me for some reason. Is it about glory ?

Very kind of you.
We r alone here in a legacy device full of problems and we keep this device alive when most of developers quit on it, and even LG quit on it and the first thing I see below lineage 17 op is you attacking me. But I won't delete it. I will keep this post there to remind me of this day.
And to think that I also actually linked to your thread out of respect of it...

calm down I was just curious and that's why I'm asking why LOS 16. There was no offense in my request sorry if I made you felt like that. I have changed my post a bit in the hope it's better understandable now.

Glory? Lmao.. I always refer to the suicide team in my changelogs as our ROMs like aoscp and LOS is done by teamwork not by a single person. Exactly that was the reason why I said you should explain why you build an own version of LOS 16(!) so ppl understand the differences and there are some. That's all.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to steadfasterX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th September 2019, 07:34 AM |#6  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Athens

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooterthedude

Awesome man can't wait to try this out! Kessaras Just curious is the LOS 16 your build of it or just SFX one? Just wondering cause i want to try it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfasterX

calm down I was just curious and that's why I'm asking why LOS 16. There was no offense in my request sorry if I made you felt like that. I have changed my post a bit in the hope it's better understandable now.
Glory? Lmao.. I always refer to the suicide team in my changelogs as our ROMs like aoscp and LOS is done by teamwork not by a single person. Exactly that was the reason why I said you should explain why you build an own version of LOS 16(!) so ppl understand the differences and there are some. That's all.

Ok.
First of all,
i'm not the type of guy who will maintain something old.
When N was released that was when i started developing for first time and i made custom roms here have same camera quality with stock, because i wanted it for myself. I wanted to take good photos, not some bad pixels with noise.
When O was released i abandoned my sleep and i spent 3 weeks x24 hours to make this uncompatible kernel work perfectly to bring up O. And i did. I imported the code from bullhead line by line so that i won't break anything.
When P was released i did it in 1 day (i had more experience + all this hard work in O was not for nothing). I didn't release it because i let it go to bring up AOSCP for p20 pro. Few months later I came back and we made this thing stable together.
Now i did Q in just few hours. I didn't release it because i want to do a "clean" work. I forced it to build by hacking the "build" repo. So i can't push those commits, so i wait a bit.

But what history showed ? Upon every new Android release i never maintained the old one and i never built all variants. I do not have a server and i need my PC to also entertain myself, i can't have it building for hours.
So , even if i did one Lineage 16 build what does it really matter ? And even if i bring up Q in a few days what does it really matter ? It's your server who will be building and will be doing the most work.

One Lineage 16 build means nothing. I will never build Pie again just like i never built Oreo again.

Differences:
1. https://github.com/Suicide-Squirrel/...7ef1ad89af0ac3
2. https://github.com/CypherOS/hardware...ndcake-release
3. kernel. Instead of fixing some useless functions , i chose to remove them, in order to have less jobs for CPU to do.
4. Policies. I have added more policies when on the other hand you added less policies and have some functions blocked.

Nothing else. 3 and 4 are just details.
And it's just personal. I simply shared one build, the one im using at my phone.
XDA is about sharing. It's not our job. I'm simply sharing the rom i flash to my device.
In my point of view , i do not have to answer to questions like whats different. They do not even pay me. I'm not selling anything. I do this for fun.

I'm not doing Pie. The link is there until i release Q and it will stay there for historical reason.
To remind me that this was the last Pie and what i see in that rom is the fruit of a hard work of one whole year.
CU in Q.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to kessaras For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th September 2019, 08:17 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 248

More
little advice for ppl passing by: flashing kessaras los 0409 over latest los by sfx results in bootloop.
The Following User Says Thank You to sperelli For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sperelli Ad-Free
6th September 2019, 09:03 AM |#8  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Athens

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperelli

little advice for ppl passing by: flashing kessaras los 0409 over latest los by sfx results in bootloop.

yup. they have those differences that make my rom unique so it's like another rom. You can't dirty flash from one to the other.
6th September 2019, 10:01 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Does Los 16 have the play store issue? Will Q have it also? Since your banned from Google.
6th September 2019, 11:10 AM |#10  
Flag Campobasso
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I try to install lineage-16.0-20190904-UNOFFICIAL-h815.zip
From TWRP all is done....i restart my device and after 2 minutes with logo restart and come back to TWRP....why?

Resolve: Don't install TWRP app and set it like a System App
The Following User Says Thank You to Albertrebla For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Albertrebla Ad-Free
6th September 2019, 12:19 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 150

Donate to Me
More
Nova Launcher don't work, it close endlessly :'(
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)