[STOCK] H815 20A Images + Flashables + KDZ [system + boot + modem + bootloader]

Search This thread

autoprime

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 23, 2010
PPznrzD.jpg

These are for the H815 variant only. Files are from software version 20A (Android 6.0 Marshmallow).
Included below: TWRP-flashable stock rom, boot, modem and bootloader zips. KDZ and individual images are also included.

*There is NO anti-rollback qfuse used in this update... you can downgrade using LGUP HERE. You can also use LGUP to flash the 20A KDZ.

Please do not mirror my files!

20A NOTES...
1. Notifications may not work with all apps. To check for possible missed notifications go to Settings, battery/energy saving, battery consumption, ignore optimization.
2.Knock code has been removed but will return in a future update.

Requirements:
You must have TWRP 2.8.7+ installed to use these files. Thanks to Dees_Troy as always for that. And, of course, you must have your bootloader unlocked for TWRP to work. Currently only H815 EU and SEA variants have official unlock through LG's unlock page HERE. Please do not ask if "model x" is supported... did you unlock via LG's official unlock tool? Yes? then you can use it. No? then you can't. If you have a locked bootloader and want to ignore all warnings and try to flash anyway... HERE is the thread for that (enjoy no root). How's the saying go.. imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? :silly:

Super Duper Safe Install Directions:
Some bootloader unlocked users have had various issues. Despite these users being in the minority I have decided to write up a step by step tutorial to follow.

1. Download the modem, bootloader and system zips listed under the download section and place them on internal or external sdcard.
2. Download 20A repacked boot.img HERE or HERE and place on internal or external sdcard.
3. Download latest SuperSu zip HERE and place on internal or external sdcard.
4. (re)Boot into TWRP
5. Backup current partitions: boot, system, data, efs
6. Install the modem, system and repacked boot.img (no bootloader/supersu yet) (install button > select zip > press "add more zips" > select other zip > repeat)
7. After all 3 zips finish flashing hit the Home button > Reboot button > recovery button to reboot recovery. (if TWRP asks if you want to install SU, NO!)
8. After rebooting into TWRP install bootloader and supersu zips.
9. After both zips finish you're all set to boot into a rooted M. Enjoy.

Notes...
The reason for the above order of operations... some people who flashed this but didn't root were losing TWRP due to the "recovery-from-boot.p" file in stock system which rebuilds stock recovery. By flashing the repacked boot.img and supersu it should rename the "recovery-from-boot.p" file to "recovery-from-boot.p.bak" and not error due to the repacked boot.img... which makes sure TWRP isn't removed. The reason for flashing bootloader last (after rebooting recovery) is because some ran into issues during the flash process and if getting stuck AFTER flashing bootloader causes issues flashing KDZ using LG Flash Tool 2014... so this route makes sure all other files are flashed first before locking yourself out of KDZ flashes. YES you can downgrade still.. but only through TWRP or using root.

Downloads:
LG-H81520A-Flashable.System.zip
100% stock untouched system. MD5 = 9ac1f01eb4affc5712fdfa9b64b709d6

LG-H81520A-Flashable.Modem.zip
This is a flashable stock 20A modem.

LG-H81520A-Flashable.Boot.zip
This is a flashable stock 20A boot.img. Boot.img contains kernel + dtb + ramdisk.

LG-H81520A-Flashable.Bootloader.zip
This is a flashable stock 20A bootloader. It contains aboot, factory, hyp, laf, pmic, raw_resources, rpm, sbl1, sdi, sec and tz. Do NOT wipe system before flashing this zip. Zip checks model before flashing.

Also, KDZ + all stock images for 20A are available here.
CODEFIRE DIRECTORY

Downgrade:
If you decide M is lame and want to go back to Lollipop I wouldn't blame you. Currently 20A is in a "late-beta" stage with options missing like Knock Code and the ability to merge sdcard with data. The only gains seem to be Doze, updated Google Now, the ability to choose which permissions apps have access to... and your About Phone settings now saying Android 6.0. To downgrade:

1. Download Lollipop flashable Modem and Bootloader zips. 10D/E HERE... 10B/C HERE.. 10A HERE and put them on your internal or external sdcard.
2. (re)Boot into TWRP.
3. Restore your previous backup (boot, system, data)
4. After restore has finished hit the Home button.
5. Install the modem and bootloader zips.
6. Should be enough to get you back to Lollipop.

OR

Use LGUP HERE to flash a previous KDZ version.

Unofficial Bootloader Unlock:
Don't have official bootloader unlock? This guy claims to have a working method HERE...

#TEAMCODEFIRE
y u quote OP?

Last edited:

kabirjedi

Nov 23, 2010
Budapest
Well I installed it, I am extremely disappointed, there is no difference, all are the same, thank you anyway for putting updating
6.0 not famous for visualization changes... Only optimization.

But thanks then i not open bootloader.If no manual video,and another cool v10 features i stay on rooted xposed 5.1 version.

shame on you lg....

Last edited:

Underworled

Sep 15, 2013
WTF HAHAH What do u expect ? All we know what's android 6.0 is.. not visualization changes... just optimization.

darrenjdoc

Jan 21, 2006
Brighton
Glad to see Google Now on Tap working well, sound profiles how it should have been done and app permissions. Going to explore more but happy so far. Top job LG and thanks for the links autoprime :)

Reactions: SpartanVissepo

f1ux

Jan 2, 2011
Do we have to flash bootloader? Or is it optional

Edit: ah i see the OP has been edited now!.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PPznrzD.jpg

These are for the H815 variant only. Files are from software version 20A (Android 6.0 Marshmallow).
    Included below: TWRP-flashable stock rom, boot, modem and bootloader zips. KDZ and individual images are also included.

*There is NO anti-rollback qfuse used in this update... you can downgrade using LGUP HERE. You can also use LGUP to flash the 20A KDZ.

Please do not mirror my files!

20A NOTES...
    1. Notifications may not work with all apps. To check for possible missed notifications go to Settings, battery/energy saving, battery consumption, ignore optimization.
    2.Knock code has been removed but will return in a future update.

Requirements:
    You must have TWRP 2.8.7+ installed to use these files. Thanks to Dees_Troy as always for that. And, of course, you must have your bootloader unlocked for TWRP to work. Currently only H815 EU and SEA variants have official unlock through LG's unlock page HERE. Please do not ask if "model x" is supported... did you unlock via LG's official unlock tool? Yes? then you can use it. No? then you can't. If you have a locked bootloader and want to ignore all warnings and try to flash anyway... HERE is the thread for that (enjoy no root). How's the saying go.. imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? :silly:

Super Duper Safe Install Directions:
    Some bootloader unlocked users have had various issues. Despite these users being in the minority I have decided to write up a step by step tutorial to follow.

1. Download the modem, bootloader and system zips listed under the download section and place them on internal or external sdcard.
    2. Download 20A repacked boot.img HERE or HERE and place on internal or external sdcard.
    3. Download latest SuperSu zip HERE and place on internal or external sdcard.
    4. (re)Boot into TWRP
    5. Backup current partitions: boot, system, data, efs
    6. Install the modem, system and repacked boot.img (no bootloader/supersu yet) (install button > select zip > press "add more zips" > select other zip > repeat)
    7. After all 3 zips finish flashing hit the Home button > Reboot button > recovery button to reboot recovery. (if TWRP asks if you want to install SU, NO!)
    8. After rebooting into TWRP install bootloader and supersu zips.
    9. After both zips finish you're all set to boot into a rooted M. Enjoy.

Notes...
    The reason for the above order of operations... some people who flashed this but didn't root were losing TWRP due to the "recovery-from-boot.p" file in stock system which rebuilds stock recovery. By flashing the repacked boot.img and supersu it should rename the "recovery-from-boot.p" file to "recovery-from-boot.p.bak" and not error due to the repacked boot.img... which makes sure TWRP isn't removed. The reason for flashing bootloader last (after rebooting recovery) is because some ran into issues during the flash process and if getting stuck AFTER flashing bootloader causes issues flashing KDZ using LG Flash Tool 2014... so this route makes sure all other files are flashed first before locking yourself out of KDZ flashes. YES you can downgrade still.. but only through TWRP or using root.

Downloads:
    LG-H81520A-Flashable.System.zip
    100% stock untouched system. MD5 = 9ac1f01eb4affc5712fdfa9b64b709d6

LG-H81520A-Flashable.Modem.zip
    This is a flashable stock 20A modem.

LG-H81520A-Flashable.Boot.zip
    This is a flashable stock 20A boot.img. Boot.img contains kernel + dtb + ramdisk.

LG-H81520A-Flashable.Bootloader.zip
    This is a flashable stock 20A bootloader. It contains aboot, factory, hyp, laf, pmic, raw_resources, rpm, sbl1, sdi, sec and tz. Do NOT wipe system before flashing this zip. Zip checks model before flashing.

Also, KDZ + all stock images for 20A are available here.
    CODEFIRE DIRECTORY

Downgrade:
    If you decide M is lame and want to go back to Lollipop I wouldn't blame you. Currently 20A is in a "late-beta" stage with options missing like Knock Code and the ability to merge sdcard with data. The only gains seem to be Doze, updated Google Now, the ability to choose which permissions apps have access to... and your About Phone settings now saying Android 6.0. To downgrade:

1. Download Lollipop flashable Modem and Bootloader zips. 10D/E HERE... 10B/C HERE.. 10A HERE and put them on your internal or external sdcard.
    2. (re)Boot into TWRP.
    3. Restore your previous backup (boot, system, data)
    4. After restore has finished hit the Home button.
    5. Install the modem and bootloader zips.
    6. Should be enough to get you back to Lollipop.

OR

Use LGUP HERE to flash a previous KDZ version.

Unofficial Bootloader Unlock:
    Don't have official bootloader unlock? This guy claims to have a working method HERE...

#TEAMCODEFIRE
    y u quote OP?
    Tried KDZ-ing 10C yet unable to flash due to the bootloader being 20A, reaches 9% at flashtool and error. @autoprime

I see. And if you try to flash 20A KDZ what happens exactly... same error at 9%?

A recent Verizon G3 update changed things to try to block downgrade.. but without using anti-rollback. I think that might be what's going on here. No fuses are blown etc (for antirollback) but instead the download mode and kdz have changed their requirements. For example... Verizon G3 users could not flash a downgraded TOT using the old DLL file with LG Flash.. so instead they used a newer DLL with a downgraded TOT and flashing went fine.

I have a feeling the Flash Tool 2014 is erroring on 20A due to the new DLL inside the KDZ file. And flashing older KDZ is erroring because it wants the new DLL.

So... for those who have locked bootloader and are stuck.. you might have to wait for new KDZ Flash Tool... OR wait until 20A/20B is released officially for your phone and then fix it with LG Bridge.

For those on unlocked bootloader... I'm not sure how you are stuck. none of my zips for 20A included recovery.. so flashing anything would have left TWRP installed and you should be able to boot into TWRP by going through the Factory Reset menu.

And as I've said in the OP... there is no anti-rollback used here so those who are unlocked and have TWRP installed... you can flash old bootloader zip.. downgrade to Lollipop etc... but it will all have to be done in TWRP as the KDZ Flash Tool 2014 seems to no longer work with updated KDZ files.

People who have locked bootloaders should not be trying to flash these. As OP stated.. this is for those with TWRP. It MAY be possible to use flashfire to flash boot/system zips... but that method has not been tested by me and is not recommended. Also... without an unlocked bootloader there is NO WAY TO ROOT ANDROID 6.0... so if you do manage to flash it with flashfire you are stuck without root and no way to easily downgrade at the moment. Best to wait until 6.0 KDZ is officially out for your device.. but risk is up to you.
    Bootloader will be unlocked within 10 minutes of me getting the phone :good:
    Just checking there wouldn't be issues with a M bootloader and L ROMs :)

Well.. if using cm 12.1 you should use the 10D bootstack. If using cm 13 you should use the 20A bootstack. Flashable bootloaders and modems can be found on my page HERE. Once you get TWRP going you can flash zips back n forth while in TWRP. Try to keep bootloaders and modems paired... both 10D.. both 20A etc etc. :good:
    updated OP with a "super duper safe" method for flashing via twrp. also added Lollipop bootloader/modem zips for downgrading and some other comments.
    how to boot in recovery on an ADB unauthorized and bootlooped device?!?!:crying:

with your finger