If you encrypt your device and set a screen lock protection with a PIN or password some ROMs have a bug which prevents unlocking your screen again. This flashable ZIP will fix this by
- disabling the gatekeeper libraries which are not working as expected
- deleting the not working protection PIN/password so you can set a new one
See the full details and description in the "Technical details" post
This will not touch your device encryption password/PIN!
The presented ZIP here is a result of a long finding process I made in cyanogenmod forum
( wayback archive )
- This is for encrypted devices only!
- This is for CM or CM based ROMs only. this may not apply to all CM based ROMs, e.g. exodus seems to be not affected.
- You need to have TWRP installed. Therefore you need an unlocked device as well.
- Download zip
- Boot into twrp
- Transfer the zip to your device
- ensure you have decrypted data partition in twrp!!!!!!! If you skip this step it will not work.
- Flash the zip
- Whenever asked for a password just press ENTER!!!!!
- Goto settings and set a new PIN/password
This is just a workaround for a problem need to be solved in the ROM(s) and may be/is fixed in a future release of your favorite ROM.
Open the download section
Lock screen fix for encrypted devices, Tool/Utility for the LG G4
Source Code: https://github.com/steadfasterX/lge_...lock_fixer_enc
Current Stable Version: 1.0
Stable Release Date: 2016-11-25
Last Updated 2017-12-18