FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Stuck LED Notification Issues

7,954 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,216

By player911, Inactive Recognized Developer on 11th June 2015, 05:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ugh

I had this issue on my LG G2 where, randomly, the green LED status light would start flashing like there is a notification, when there is none. This is related to the Alarm. I posted this over in the G2 forums and I will post it here.

How to fix:

Clear all Notifications
Turn off Screen
(wait for notification light to blink) [confirm]
Turn on Screen
Go to Clock, disable Alarm
Double tap Status bar / Turn off Screen
(wait for notification light to NOT blink) [confirm] [fix]
Turn on screen and enable your Alarm.

The LED light should no longer blink for no reason.

Really kind of disappointed in the G4 software wise. On my G2, this issue and the lagging/FCing keyboard was huge issues that made me want to upgrade to the G4. Sad to say that even the newer software and newer hardware, these bugs are still present.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to player911 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift player911 Ad-Free
11th June 2015, 05:44 PM |#2  
Flag The Woodlands, Texas
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Thanks for this I'm sure it will help a few people out there.
11th June 2015, 09:58 PM |#3  
Flag New Hampshire
Thanks Meter: 661

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by player911

Ugh

I had this issue on my LG G2 where, randomly, the green LED status light would start flashing like there is a notification, when there is none. This is related to the Alarm. I posted this over in the G2 forums and I will post it here.

How to fix:

Clear all Notifications
Turn off Screen
(wait for notification light to blink) [confirm]
Turn on Screen
Go to Clock, disable Alarm
Double tap Status bar / Turn off Screen
(wait for notification light to NOT blink) [confirm] [fix]
Turn on screen and enable your Alarm.

The LED light should no longer blink for no reason.

Really kind of disappointed in the G4 software wise. On my G2, this issue and the lagging/FCing keyboard was huge issues that made me want to upgrade to the G4. Sad to say that even the newer software and newer hardware, these bugs are still present.

The only issue I've had regading the blinking lights was if I swiped away a notification from the lock screen and locked it again, it would blink until I pulled down on notification bar. Same thing?

Sent from my G4 using your mom
13th June 2015, 05:16 AM |#4  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Cincinnati

Donate to Me
More
Nope. It randomly just starts flashing. I do turn off notifications from facebook and XDA via android system....

Happened twice tonight already since 5pm. During the day I am hammered with work emails, gmails, text, and hangouts so I dont notice it much. But a night when its flashing but there are no notifications, i have to disable the alarm amd reenable to fix it.

Same with my old G2.

Maybe the disabled notifications are turning on the LED notification but android is hiding the actual notifications. I will try reenabling them and disabling them via the apps.

Update:
Clearing those apps in the Sounds and Notification settings menu per app page, did turn the light off. So maybe that is the bug.

It started on my G2 when lollipop update came out. It is easier to disable app notifications this way as they come in by holding the noification and disabling it on the andoid side. I'll report back if thats it.
13th June 2015, 05:29 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Big problem with led notification
This is the biggest problem in my g4, at least for me.

But i didn't understand what is the connection to alarm? I don't use alarm and still have this stupid bug : (
13th June 2015, 06:21 PM |#6  
Flag Cincinnati

Donate to Me
More
Well the alarm toggle is just a quick way to turn it off.

I do think the connection as been found with the Android notification hiding. I havent had the problem reoccur since I "allow all notifications" in the android settings... then turn off notifications within the apps directly.

It seems Androids "hide notifications" isn't doing a great job. It keeps the popups hidden, but still turns the lights on.

Turning off notifications within the Apps may also save battery since the App is still basically polling for updates on the network side, just being blocked from displaying them.

I am still testing but I think I nailed it.
13th June 2015, 06:29 PM |#7  

More
Let's be clear.

My problem is not that the LED blinks without any notification.

My problem is that although i read my notification and now have no more any new notification - the led still blinking and i can't stop it.
13th June 2015, 07:44 PM |#8  
Flag Cincinnati

Donate to Me
More
Thats the same thing
*same issue i had

Scenerio:
Grab my phone and light is flashing. Check notifications. Clear them. Put phone down. See it blinking still. Pick it up. No notifications. No way to turn it off.
14th June 2015, 12:04 AM |#9  
Flag Cincinnati

Donate to Me
More
Update: Still getting random LED notification lights. Typically happens in the evening. Very weird
14th June 2015, 05:17 AM |#10  

More
Me too
I even think to turn off the led light.

Anyway it's doesn't show the real notification.

Btw, is it problem with LG or with lollipop??

Tnx
14th June 2015, 05:13 PM |#11  
Flag H-town
Thanks Meter: 41

More
I like using timely alarm from the play store. Never had that issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)