FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did this for work for you?

Yes

4 Vote(s)
100.00%
No

0 Vote(s)
0%

Temporary Fix for LG G4 bootloop issue(lengthens life)

478 posts
Thanks Meter: 68

Post Reply Email Thread
19th March 2019, 12:23 AM |#131  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by threehappypenguins

I am having trouble mounting the external_SD. I'm using FWUL, and SALT detects the phone just fine (I did this to test and make sure it was connected), and when I follow the steps to mount the external sd, I get the error, "mount: /storage/external_SD: mount point does not exist." I have also tried /storage/external_sd as well, same issue. If I boot into TWRP, the external SD mounts just fine and I can view the contents.

Same problem here. LG Shell from SALT don't show error messages but don't execute the commands as LGLaf. The phone shows the legend "bootloader unlocked" when starting but I can't put it on fastboot mode (fastboot mode just don't start when pressing volume down).

If I want to follow the guide published by OP to upload the files with "dd" command, when I try to mount SD Card I see "mount: /storage/external_SD: mount point does not exist."

The cards works well (is the same that I used to USU another G4). And I copy the lines as described in thread.

@XeniX_Force @steadfasterX Please masters, any ideas from here?

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge with us.

21st March 2019, 10:08 AM |#132  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniX_Force

or maybe his device is in 9008 mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfasterX

yea bootloop is the first stage. next one is what u describe. send it to repair.
there are good chances that it went into QDL 9008 mode. Just connect it to your PC and watch unknown devices in your device manager (or type lsusb on linux) and see what happens.

Hey there guys, my LG G4 did exactly that, bootlooped then went all completely dead, no response to charger or battery. Then after months i tried pluging it into a PC and it came back to life, however, bootloop is still present.

My question is, what is the actual problem? i've read people who had bootloop because of a bad battery, a desoldered RAM or even desoldered power IC Chips. In this case, is it likely that my battery is the cause of this? Or is it the RAM? havent tried a home made reflow yet.
21st March 2019, 10:36 AM |#133  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 10,962

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lRaziel1

Hey there guys, my LG G4 did exactly that, bootlooped then went all completely dead, no response to charger or battery. Then after months i tried pluging it into a PC and it came back to life, however, bootloop is still present.

My question is, what is the actual problem? i've read people who had bootloop because of a bad battery, a desoldered RAM or even desoldered power IC Chips. In this case, is it likely that my battery is the cause of this? Or is it the RAM? havent tried a home made reflow yet.

https://bit.do/ilapofixg4 has a description in the OP for that (now more present in an own topic "About").

.-
22nd March 2019, 04:08 AM |#134  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniX_Force

or maybe his device is in 9008 mode

Quote:

yea bootloop is the first stage. next one is what u describe. send it to repair.
there are good chances that it went into QDL 9008 mode. Just connect it to your PC and watch unknown devices in your device manager (or type lsusb on linux) and see what happens.

Quote:

https://bit.do/ilapofixg4 has a description in the OP for that (now more present in an own topic "About").

.-

yeah i tried ironing at 230°C for like 3 minutes and now its working fine, i put a bit of pressure on it just right after that then let it cool. Now assembled it and improved the colling system adding allowing the heatsing to spread more heat. So far its working good.
The Following User Says Thank You to lRaziel1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lRaziel1 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloop, fix, lgg4

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)