FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Proper H815 unbrick through QFIL (Files included)

87 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

By inteLzzz, Member on 23rd November 2017, 04:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
WARNING - This guide is only for H815 International G4 variant (official unlock available)
Much thanks to steadfasterX for the files and helping me to unbrick my device this way.
This guide is for devices in Qualcomm 9008 mode (hard brick)

1. Download this archive.
2. Install every driver/runtime and QPST from the "software_drivers" folder (do not install virtualhere_client files, those are not needed for unbricking)
3. Extract "flashing" folder.
3. If your device is not in 9008 mode already, force boot to it (tutorial in "stuff" folder in archive, or look up LG G4 EMMC shorting)
It should show up something like this when properly in 9008 mode (QHUSB_BULK in device manager means drivers are not properly installed, try again)
4. Once your device is in 9008 mode, Open QFIL, disconnect it from the computer, remove the battery and connect it back to the computer with battery removed.
5. Proceed to select the files from the "flashing" folder you extracted in QFIL, then press the "Download" button.

If all goes right, it should flash properly and your device should be able to enter download mode, then flash stock .kdz with LGUP or any other software like usual.

According to steadfasterX, this could work on other H815 variants, but DO NOT proceed if you are afraid of bricking the device completely.
For further support join #Carbon-user IRC channel on freenode (direct link)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to inteLzzz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift inteLzzz Ad-Free

23rd November 2017, 04:25 PM |#2  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 10,962

Donate to Me
More
yes.
the above has been proven on several devices for ppl contacting me!
Thanks for taken the time to write down the guide

In general that may work on any H815 device but no guarantees. Most important regarding this is: ARB again. If you have ARB > 0 this will brick your device
After you have done the above you will be able to get into the Download mode again to flash whatever you like to restore.

Cheers and have fun
sfX

UPDATE: for UsU devices

UsU devices have to replace files from the UsU unlock zip:
  • aboot_UsU.img (UsU unlock zip) --> flashing/emmc_appsboot.mbn
  • laf_UsU.img (UsU unlock zip) --> flashing/laf.img
  • rawres_UsU.img (UsU unlock zip) --> flashing/raw_resources.img

UPDATE: added mirror link

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...78262904000036

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to steadfasterX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th January 2018, 08:38 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfasterX

yes.
the above has been proven on several devices for ppl contacting me!
Thanks for taken the time to write down the guide

In general that may work on any H815 device but no guarantees. Most important regarding this is: ARB again. If you have ARB > 0 this will brick your device
After you have done the above you will be able to get into the Download mode again to flash whatever you like to restore.

Cheers and have fun
sfX

Please help!

Validating Application Configuration
Load APP Configuration
COM:3
SAHARA:True
SAHARA:E:\INSTALL\Mobile\LGg4\MBNS\mi4c\prog_emmc_ firehose_8992_ddr.mbn
SEARCHPATH:E:\INSTALL\Mobile\LGg4\MBNS\mi4c
ACKRAWDATAEVERYNUMPACKETS:False
ACKRAWDATAEVERYNUMPACKETS:100
MAXPAYLOADSIZETOTARGETINBYTES:False
MAXPAYLOADSIZETOTARGETINBYTES:49152
DEVICETYPE:eMMC
PLATFORM:8x26
READBACKMODE:0
RESETAFTERDOWNLOAD:False
MAXDIGESTTABLESIZE:8192
SWITCHTOFIREHOSETIMEOUT:30
RESETTIMEOUT:200
RESETDELAYTIME:2
FLATBUILDPATH:C:\
FLATBUILDFORCEOVERRIDE:True
QCNPATH:C:\Temp\00000000.qcn
QCNAUTOBACKUPRESTORE:False
SPCCODE:000000
ENABLEMULTISIM:False
Load ARG Configuration
Process Index:0
Validating Download Configuration
Image Search Path: E:\INSTALL\Mobile\LGg4\MBNS\mi4c
Programmer Path:E:\INSTALL\Mobile\LGg4\MBNS\mi4c\prog_emmc_fi rehose_8992_ddr.mbn
Programmer Path:F:\h815_full_working_7a3ae5809224d\flashing\p rog_emmc_firehose_8992_lite.mbn
Image Search Path: F:\h815_full_working_7a3ae5809224d\flashing
Image Search Path: F:\h815_full_working_7a3ae5809224d\flashing
RAWPROGRAM file path: F:\h815_full_working_7a3ae5809224d\flashing\rawpro gram0.xml
PATCH file path:F:\h815_full_working_7a3ae5809224d\flashing\p atch0.xml
Start Download
Program Path:F:\h815_full_working_7a3ae5809224d\flashing\p rog_emmc_firehose_8992_lite.mbn
COM Port number:3
Sahara Connecting ...
Sahara Version:2
Start Sending Programmer
Sending Programmer Finished
Switch To FireHose
Wait for 3 seconds...
Max Payload Size to Target:49152 Bytes
Device Type:eMMC
Platform:8x26
Disable Ack Raw Data Every N Packets
Skip Write:False
Always Validate:False
Use Verbose:False
COM Port number:3
Sending NOP
ReadFile last error: 0
Response is NULL
NOP: Fail Code: 14
Unable to send FireHose NOP, Device is not in Firehose mode !
Download Fail:FireHose Fail Failed to send Firehose NOP to the phone.
Finish Download

Thanks in advance.
30th January 2018, 08:59 PM |#4  
Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tithitoy

Please help!

Validating Application Configuration
Load APP Configuration
COM:3
SAHARA:True
SAHARA:E:\INSTALL\Mobile\LGg4\MBNS\mi4c\prog_emmc_ firehose_8992_ddr.mbn

If you do not use my files I can't help.

Sent from my LG-H815 using XDA Labs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steadfasterX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2018, 02:45 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
I tried to folow this tutorial but I wasnt able to flash my g4 H815 i dont know why. Here are my logs: https://bpaste.net/show/57c550e06998
23rd May 2018, 05:36 PM |#6  
Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr.arenisca

I tried to folow this tutorial but I wasnt able to flash my g4 H815 i dont know why. Here are my logs: https://bpaste.net/show/57c550e06998

keep in mind that QDL is very sensitive:

1) do not wait longer then a few seconds after you entered the QDL mode to push the files
2) if you have used it once you need to re-do the steps to enter QDL mode before flashing again

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steadfasterX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2018, 07:23 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfasterX

keep in mind that QDL is very sensitive:

1) do not wait longer then a few seconds after you entered the QDL mode to push the files
2) if you have used it once you need to re-do the steps to enter QDL mode before flashing again

I did not wait more than 3-4 seconds in the last try and i got the same error : https://bpaste.net/show/012543a80981
Im doing it without batery if it matters.
And im stuck in that mode so i only need to connect the device to the computer to enter that mode.
Should I force the enter in that mode sorting the pins?
4th June 2018, 01:01 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Your links are not working for me.
11th June 2018, 01:52 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I bricked my phone by accidentally trying to install a corrupted bootloader .zip with TWRP. My phone almost totally stopped working, just giving me a black screen after turning it on, not even fastboot or the download mode worked, and I thought I was totally screwed. This was my last ditch attempt to save my G4 after days of researching and trying things I had totally written off my G4 but then I came across this. So I took apart my G4 and did the test point shorting method along with this guide AND IT WORKED. I was amazed. My phone acted weird for a little while, crashing and rebooting randomly, I think that might have been because I took it apart in an environment that is not EMC protected. But after a while everything returned to normal. Glad I don't have to buy a new phone and I can keep using my G4, which I love compared to anything that is on the market today (**** all those phones with no removable battery and SD).

Anyway thanks a lot to steadfasterX and OP and whoever else was involved in helping to create this method.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roseml For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift roseml Ad-Free
19th June 2018, 07:07 PM |#10  
cairo
Thanks Meter: 6

More
not working for me
https://bpaste.net/show/9423b4b8c0a3
19th June 2018, 07:47 PM |#11  
Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ososmam

not working for me
https://bpaste.net/show/9423b4b8c0a3

Sure. If not following the guide its clear it will not work. You are missing step 2 which also installs qpst and qfil into C:\ (programs.. Qualcomm)
You're using another qfil so it can't work.

Sent from my LG-H815 using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)