FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE][9008][EDL|QDL][QUALCOMM ONLY] Unbrick via external sdcard (no QFIL!)

4,466 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,007

By steadfasterX, Recognized Developer on 13th February 2018, 10:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th January 2019, 08:32 AM |#151  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
@jcsww 9008 bricks are not fixable on UFS NAND devices by booting from an SD card. The boot path is stored in QFPROM (on the CPU) and it is something like /dev/block/sdb or /dev/block/sde. On eMMC devices, the boot path is /dev/block/mmcblk0. If you have a 9008 brick, the SD card is seen as /dev/block/mmcblk0 so the phone will boot from it on an eMMC device since that IS the boot path. There is no way to make the SD card appear as /dev/block/sdX. And there is no way to change the boot path once you have a 9008 brick without a firehose. If you have a signed firehose, then you can fix your phone without needing an SD card As for cross flashing. I checked the RSA signature for the H930, H932, H933, and US998 and they are all different. If you flash any of the signed firmware (xbl, abl, hyp, modem, etc) from one of those devices, then you have a 9008 brick and no way to fix it yourself.I didn't bother checking the Verizon or Sprint models since they are even more locked down than the H932 is, but it appears from reading this thread that they have the same key as the US998 (I am not going to waste my time checking).-- Brian

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by moizml;78693060 [MENTION=3116388

jcsww 9008 bricks are not fixable on ufs nand devices by booting from an sd card. The boot path is stored in qfprom (on the cpu) and it is something like /dev/block/sdb or /dev/block/sde. On emmc devices, the boot path is /dev/block/mmcblk0. If you have a 9008 brick, the sd card is seen as /dev/block/mmcblk0 so the phone will boot from it on an emmc device since that is the boot path. There is no way to make the sd card appear as /dev/block/sdx. And there is no way to change the boot path once you have a 9008 brick without a firehose. If you have a signed firehose, then you can fix your phone without needing an sd card as for cross flashing. I checked the rsa signature for the h930, h932, h933, and us998 and they are all different. If you flash any of the signed firmware (xbl, abl, hyp, modem, etc) from one of those devices, then you have a 9008 brick and no way to fix it yourself.i didn't bother checking the verizon or sprint models since they are even more locked down than the h932 is, but it appears from reading this thread that they have the same key as the us998 (i am not going to waste my time checking).-- brian

is it true?

17th January 2019, 08:47 AM |#152  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moizml

9008 bricks are not fixable on UFS NAND devices by booting from an SD card. The boot path is stored in QFPROM (on the CPU) and it is something like /dev/block/sdb or /dev/block/sde. On eMMC devices, the boot path is /dev/block/mmcblk0. If you have a 9008 brick, the SD card is seen as /dev/block/mmcblk0 so the phone will boot from it on an eMMC device since that IS the boot path. There is no way to make the SD card appear as /dev/block/sdX. And there is no way to change the boot path once you have a 9008 brick without a firehose. If you have a signed firehose, then you can fix your phone without needing an SD card As for cross flashing. I checked the RSA signature for the H930, H932, H933, and US998 and they are all different. If you flash any of the signed firmware (xbl, abl, hyp, modem, etc) from one of those devices, then you have a 9008 brick and no way to fix it yourself.I didn't bother checking the Verizon or Sprint models since they are even more locked down than the H932 is, but it appears from reading this thread that they have the same key as the US998 (I am not going to waste my time checking).-- Brian

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

is it true?

When Brian said this.. yes then it is true, sorry. Didn't know that

EDIT: I have adjusted the OP. thanks for pointing

.-
17th January 2019, 09:39 AM |#153  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfasterX

When Brian said this.. yes then it is true, sorry. Didn't know that

EDIT: I have adjusted the OP. thanks for pointing

.-

What a pity of my v30
1st February 2019, 01:14 AM |#154  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Work for LG G6 H872 (T-Mobile)?
Hi,

I hard bricked my LG G6 H872 (T-Mobile) and having been researching on ways to get it working again. It is hard bricked, so it won't turn on. But when plugged into Windows Computer, it recognizes the Qualcomm driver/port.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried using this method here to unbrick the LG G6 H872.
1st February 2019, 07:20 AM |#155  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaz88x

Hi,

I hard bricked my LG G6 H872 (T-Mobile) and having been researching on ways to get it working again. It is hard bricked, so it won't turn on. But when plugged into Windows Computer, it recognizes the Qualcomm driver/port.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried using this method here to unbrick the LG G6 H872.

Read the OP again.. second and third sentence . Sorry

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using XDA Labs
26th March 2019, 06:04 AM |#156  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Just wanted to say thank you so much for this thread and all the work you've done - I was able to resurrect my G4 this weekend thanks to this info. I sent a small donation to help with your leech server - wish it could be more. Thanks again!
The Following User Says Thank You to UsualNoise For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift UsualNoise Ad-Free
14th April 2019, 05:31 PM |#157  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
I've decided to try this again and it seems you fixed the issue with not being able to extract the KDZ. I flashed all the required partitions to the SD card and did as you said in step 11, however, when plugged in and the volume up is held, nothing happens. The screen stays black. It is only sometimes detected as 9008, and it won't charge at all.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)