FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE][9008][EDL|QDL][QUALCOMM ONLY] Unbrick via external sdcard (no QFIL!)

4,447 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,958

By steadfasterX, Recognized Developer on 13th February 2018, 10:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th March 2018, 08:23 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfasterX

do you remember at least if you had installed Android marshmallow or lollipop? Any chance that you have made a TWRP backup in the past? Or did you never unlocked your device?

Sent from my LG-H815 using XDA Labs

Never upgraded Android, I guess it was lollipop. No backups or unlock also, it just bootlooped and I bricked it trying to install a H812 image with lgup (I know which image I tried if it is useful, I remember editing a value because lgup was refusing to install h812 image on the h811, I didn't find h811 image for lgup bootloop flashing fix).

This was my reference when I destroyed the phone

https://www.reddit.com/r/lgg4/commen...le_tool_guide/

6th March 2018, 05:58 PM |#12  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by birry

Never upgraded Android, I guess it was lollipop. No backups or unlock also, it just bootlooped and I bricked it trying to install a H812 image with lgup (I know which image I tried if it is useful, I remember editing a value because lgup was refusing to install h812 image on the h811, I didn't find h811 image for lgup bootloop flashing fix).

This was my reference when I destroyed the phone

https://www.reddit.com/r/lgg4/commen...le_tool_guide/

well..omg..
ok so the h812 has no ARB. The h811 has. Here is the reason for your hard brick. Do not cross flash random files without knowing what you do really.

Start with 10h which is ARB 1 for the h811: http://downloads.codefi.re/autoprime...4/H811/H81110H
download the single files or the KDZ and use SALT to extract. then follow the rest of the guide above.

if that fails to boot go on with ARB 2 : http://downloads.codefi.re/autoprime...4/H811/H81110N

I would not recommend to go further then that as u otherwise will increase your ARB for sure.

The next step if that all above still fails would be to use QFIL with proper files for the h811 but beware: there are QFIL files marked as h811/h815/... which in fact are converting your device to a ls991. Best is to search XDA for other users reports which files gave them a good result.

Last but not least if your device is ARB 3 or higher all the above will fail (including the QFIL method) and your only chance to bring back life is the sdcard method described here but using ARB 3 or higher files.

10th March 2018, 11:05 PM |#13  
Flag named after a queen
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I hate to say it but Im here....

LGG4 - 815eur - new frankenphone (new to me, chinese refurb) - received jan
never had a sim in it. only kept it on to see how long the battery would last in idle mode (airplane mode on, no wifi active)(14 days!) - LGUP to MM
still stock - no google play services installed yet, I was waiting for the UsU (woohoo steadfasterX!!, where do I send my bounty contribution?)

I was downloading all the required files for FWUL / Virtual Box last night, I was going to spend the afternoon getting to know the process/Arch linux, before attempting to mess with my phone... I was adjusting the pull down notification settings and it froze.
I waited till this AM, hoping maybe it would sort itself out. NOPE. Battery at 0.

Im at the logo bootloop with pulsing blue LED.

I have read the entire thread, I wanted to make sure that this workaround is the proper "fix" for this type of bootloop.
I was at v20k IIRC and I know for a fact my ARB was 0.

Im not sure where to dl the required files from several sources Ive tried, dont leave me feeling confident its a trusted source.

Any thoughts on what may have happened?

cheers
ac
11th March 2018, 01:07 AM |#14  

More
Quote:

well..omg..
ok so the h812 has no ARB. The h811 has. Here is the reason for your hard brick. Do not cross flash random files without knowing what you do really.

Start with 10h which is ARB 1 for the h811: http://downloads.codefi.re/autoprime...4/H811/H81110H
download the single files or the KDZ and use SALT to extract. then follow the rest of the guide above.

if that fails to boot go on with ARB 2 : http://downloads.codefi.re/autoprime...4/H811/H81110N

I would not recommend to go further then that as u otherwise will increase your ARB for sure.

The next step if that all above still fails would be to use QFIL with proper files for the h811 but beware: there are QFIL files marked as h811/h815/... which in fact are converting your device to a ls991. Best is to search XDA for other users reports which files gave them a good result.

Last but not least if your device is ARB 3 or higher all the above will fail (including the QFIL method) and your only chance to bring back life is the sdcard method described here but using ARB 3 or higher files.

Cool!! It worked like a charm with H81110H file

Now I can run it into download mode and I could see that info on SALT:

Device model: LG-H811
Firmware (laf): H81120v
Firmware (system): LGH811AT-01-V20v-310-260-APR-25-2017-ARB03+0
Carrier: TMO
UsU: no
GPT compatibility: H811
LAF protocol: 1000001
AntiRollBack: 3

I don't want to make a mistake so now that it boots in download mode I will wait for options, which is the best choice now? Updating it with a .tot with LGUP (for the bootloop) or installing other rom (perhaps one with bootloop workaround)

Thanks for your great work!
11th March 2018, 11:08 AM |#15  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishnuisgod

I hate to say it but Im here....

LGG4 - 815eur - new frankenphone (new to me, chinese refurb) - received jan
never had a sim in it. only kept it on to see how long the battery would last in idle mode (airplane mode on, no wifi active)(14 days!) - LGUP to MM
still stock - no google play services installed yet, I was waiting for the UsU (woohoo steadfasterX!!, where do I send my bounty contribution?)

I was downloading all the required files for FWUL / Virtual Box last night, I was going to spend the afternoon getting to know the process/Arch linux, before attempting to mess with my phone... I was adjusting the pull down notification settings and it froze.
I waited till this AM, hoping maybe it would sort itself out. NOPE. Battery at 0.

Im at the logo bootloop with pulsing blue LED.

I have read the entire thread, I wanted to make sure that this workaround is the proper "fix" for this type of bootloop.
I was at v20k IIRC and I know for a fact my ARB was 0.

Im not sure where to dl the required files from several sources Ive tried, dont leave me feeling confident its a trusted source.

Any thoughts on what may have happened?

cheers
ac

This unbrick will work only when you bricked your phone. It's not an ilapo fix and your description sounds like one. Your best chance is using a modded boot image with just 4 cores enabled. That requires an unlocked phone though.. There is a guide from me to create such boot images here on XDA.

Quote:

Cool!! It worked like a charm with H81110H file

Now I can run it into download mode and I could see that info on SALT:

Device model: LG-H811
Firmware (laf): H81120v
Firmware (system): LGH811AT-01-V20v-310-260-APR-25-2017-ARB03+0
Carrier: TMO
UsU: no
GPT compatibility: H811
LAF protocol: 1000001
AntiRollBack: 3

I don't want to make a mistake so now that it boots in download mode I will wait for options, which is the best choice now? Updating it with a .tot with LGUP (for the bootloop) or installing other rom (perhaps one with bootloop workaround)

Thanks for your great work!

You're referring to what TOT? The one containing just the aboot?

11th March 2018, 01:03 PM |#16  

More
Quote:

This unbrick will work only when you bricked your phone. It's not an ilapo fix and your description sounds like one. Your best chance is using a modded boot image with just 4 cores enabled. That requires an unlocked phone though.. There is a guide from me to create such boot images here on XDA.

You're referring to what TOT? The one containing just the aboot?

Yes, anything that patches the bootloop. I am a bit confused with partition structure, the cpu workaround is done editing something in the aboot partition?

I just would like to patch the bootloop (I prefer to have the four tiny cores enabled instead of just one as it normally does and installing stock Rom).
11th March 2018, 01:11 PM |#17  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes, anything that patches the bootloop. I am a bit confused with partition structure, the cpu workaround is done editing something in the aboot partition?

I just would like to patch the bootloop (I prefer to have the four tiny cores enable instead of just one as it normally does and installing stock Rom

There are 2 patches available. The one with tot and the boot image one.

The TOT one which is something between 4 and 10 MB contains just the aboot one and disables the cores in the aboot itself.

The boot image one is made in the kernel cmdline

Both have the same effect.

The difference : the TOT aboot fixes it permanently (as long as you don't reflash a kdz/tot again). So you can flash custom ROMs without needing to care about it.

The boot image adjustment instead does not touch your aboot but needs to be done on ever new boot image you want to use.

11th March 2018, 01:22 PM |#18  

More
So then I have the patch that just contains the aboot partition (files are of exactly 4mb)

Downloaded from here: https://www.reddit.com/r/lgg4/...m_b...le_tool_guide/

The problem is that there are several models in the file that I downloaded from there but H811 is missing, I cannot find a tot with just aboot for H811, is this really available? I would prefer to write a tot with just aboot that leaves all cores enabled and the faulty ones disabled, not just one core enabled as those tots does.
11th March 2018, 01:40 PM |#19  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So then I have the patch that just contains the aboot partition (files are of exactly 4mb)

Downloaded from here: https://www.reddit.com/r/lgg4/...m_b...le_tool_guide/

The problem is that there are several models in the file that I downloaded from there but H811 is missing, I cannot find a tot with just aboot for H811, is this really available? I would prefer to write a tot with just aboot that leaves all cores enabled and the faulty ones disabled, not just one core enabled as those tots does.

Afaik there is none for the h811 and I highly recommend to not use any of the others to avoid bricking your phone again. So it seems you're stuck with modifying boot images

The Following User Says Thank You to steadfasterX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2018, 02:13 PM |#20  

More
Ok then, I will try this firmwares: https://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/...k-kdz-t3107848

Consider that ARB is 3, which firmware would be the correct one to use?

Edit: now after a pair of boots it started to get download mode in a random way, sometimes it does and sometimes it does not, could it be because I used a ARB 1 extrated kdz?
11th March 2018, 08:00 PM |#21  
Flag named after a queen
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:

if I understand what youre saying;
I am sh*t out of luck, I should send the phone in for repair.

I do have dev options enabled, and toggled the "unlock " switch (I know the switch doesnt actually do anything until youve gone through the UsU).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)