FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

LG G4 bootloop new fix!

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 23

By interlitpol, Junior Member on 27th October 2016, 05:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello everyone, i just wanted to share a new fix that i have applied on my G4, it had bootlooped a week ago and it was stuck on lg logo, i decided to fix it. So what i did was disassemble the thing, i took off the motherboard and put it on a metal plate, i took away the heatsink and applied hot air with a hair dryer for 7 minutes, and then i let cool down for 30 mins, after that i applied a little bit of thermal paste (Arctic Silver) and by a little bit i mean a grain of rice. And then i've cut a piece of paper bend it a little bit and made it look like a little square and put it just between the motherboard and the screen so it can put some pressure on the cpu. Finally put everything back and started the phone.
Now on my 4th day without any issues, i tried playing some games and watching videos for hours and just runs cool and mouth, the only downside is a blueish spot appeared on the screen because of the preessure made by that piece of paper i've put in there. But i rather live with it like that than having a paperweight phone that serves for nothng.

I'll upload a video of all the steps i've done.

Hope it helps those without warranties and stuck with bootlooping phones like me.
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to interlitpol For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift interlitpol Ad-Free

27th October 2016, 05:13 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks
Sound good, I will really appreciate the video or photos
The Following User Says Thank You to seshom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift seshom Ad-Free
28th October 2016, 03:53 AM |#3  
Flag Lima/Perú
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by interlitpol

Hello everyone, i just wanted to share a new fix that i have applied on my G4, it had bootlooped a week ago and it was stuck on lg logo, i decided to fix it. So what i did was disassemble the thing, i took off the motherboard and put it on a metal plate, i took away the heatsink and applied hot air with a hair dryer for 7 minutes, and then i let cool down for 30 mins, after that i applied a little bit of thermal paste (Arctic Silver) and by a little bit i mean a grain of rice. And then i've cut a piece of paper bend it a little bit and made it look like a little square and put it just between the motherboard and the screen so it can put some pressure on the cpu. Finally put everything back and started the phone.
Now on my 4th day without any issues, i tried playing some games and watching videos for hours and just runs cool and mouth, the only downside is a blueish spot appeared on the screen because of the preessure made by that piece of paper i've put in there. But i rather live with it like that than having a paperweight phone that serves for nothng.

I'll upload a video of all the steps i've done.

Hope it helps those without warranties and stuck with bootlooping phones like me.

Please upload the video...

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XxReApErxX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XxReApErxX Ad-Free
2nd November 2016, 05:36 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
yet have you the phone working? please upload the video, thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to gallego18 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gallego18 Ad-Free
5th November 2016, 03:19 PM |#5  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 24

More
WAITing for the video! Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to darkriff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift darkriff Ad-Free
5th November 2016, 10:07 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
i do this right now .. but i use a griddle for the clothes, and its working right now the only thing is i use the thermal paste bad, because i have 50°c of temperature :/ .. i will open my g4 again

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

use that a iron for clothes and it will work, i dont know for about how much time .. but it works
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spadyrus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spadyrus Ad-Free
6th November 2016, 03:05 PM |#7  
Flag Marseille
Thanks Meter: 633

More
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXWSXPp_brE

Enjoy !
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Loulou-13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Loulou-13 Ad-Free
14th November 2016, 04:48 AM |#8  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 10

Donate to Me
More
Here's a quick video on what was explained... Feel free to share the link or embed on sites to provide help to others.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to recarro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift recarro Ad-Free
23rd November 2016, 04:49 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 197

More
I wonder if it makes sense to put some heat sink paste on the cores of working models to help prevent the overheating and eventual delamination of the chip?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to larsdennert For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift larsdennert Ad-Free
28th November 2016, 06:15 PM |#10  
Flag Siewierz
Thanks Meter: 4

More
method works but higher temperatures .. 100% yuupi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used this (but carefully):

http://ocdn.eu/images/skapiec/MzE7MD...04cb5e95e7.jpg

I greet all; P

ps .. The LG servicemen in Poland: F*ck you in the ass!

I fixed !!!
The Following User Says Thank You to marcinde For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marcinde Ad-Free
28th November 2016, 06:40 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 300

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcinde

method works but higher temperatures .. 100% yuupi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used this (but carefully):

http://ocdn.eu/images/skapiec/MzE7MD...04cb5e95e7.jpg

I greet all; P

ps .. The LG servicemen in Poland: F*ck you in the ass!

I fixed !!!

😅..that method will get you to a new device..lol
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)