FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

LG G4 Recall

1,609 posts
Thanks Meter: 393

By hellot1M, Senior Member on 3rd October 2015, 08:29 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
DELETED
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hellot1M For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hellot1M Ad-Free

3rd October 2015, 08:44 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Haven't heard anything and like you, a search turned up nothing. Keep us updated if you hear anything else. Seems really strange. What could be so bad that would warrant pulling remaining stock?

Sent from my VS986
3rd October 2015, 08:46 PM |#3  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 596

More
I haven't heard anything either. Keep us posted.
3rd October 2015, 09:37 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
DELETED
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hellot1M For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hellot1M Ad-Free
3rd October 2015, 09:40 PM |#5  
Flag Manchester, NH
Thanks Meter: 242

More
Very interested if this would be happening with Verizon too.
3rd October 2015, 09:43 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
DELETED
The Following User Says Thank You to hellot1M For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hellot1M Ad-Free
3rd October 2015, 11:27 PM |#7  
Flag Linden, NJ
Thanks Meter: 291

More
Then they haven't been working there long enough to remember the LG Rumor debacle, or the Palm Pre. When I was fixing rumors due to shredding flex cables and faulty charging ports, our manager authorized free replacements with brand new Rumor 2s, which broke... Just as much, really. Seriously, the original Rumor's port would snap off if a baby sneezed in the same zip code. I have nightmares about that phone and the 65 billion screws it had.

The Palm Pre had the Oreo effect, where the two halves would just start twisting freely, like you were taking apart an oreo. And of course, Palm wouldn't let us repair them, so we had to just swap them with refurbs. We had people that were on their 7th, 8th, 9th devices, but didn't want a different model because of Palm loyalty, and the fact that the Pre had a REALLY nice OS, as compared to early Android.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellot1M

I've talked to a few repair centers. This is most replaced device in the history of Sprint.

3rd October 2015, 11:35 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 841

More
I've already order the accessories, but not the device. Guess I have to wait a while, I really don't want to end up with the Nexus 5X.
4th October 2015, 12:30 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 648

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellot1M

I've talked to a few repair centers. This is most replaced device in the history of Sprint. The galaxy s2 is a close second. Most stores refuse to sell the device because of so many returns.

One of the main hardware issues is the screen splitting down the middle and then becoming unresponsive.

The forum does not seem to be exploding with this issue, most we find is this thread on it here and see my post lower down that links to sprint users. All of two pages

Things are quiet because LG is replacing the screens under warranty. In my market they offer a 6 month after purchase screen replacement offer. Samsung does the same as well. This means if this problem does not occur within 6 months then it ain't going to happen.

Knowing that this issue may happen and if it does all it takes is a simple screen replacement that too under warranty means i would be less excited if this occurred. An inconvenience to head off to the service center but at least i know i will get it back very likely on the same day because this thing is easy to repair.

Not knowing this can happen otoh would be frightening.
4th October 2015, 03:55 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Will be interesting what Sprint will say when I take mine in tomorrow......I will show them this for sure if I get any hassle......I just want my phone!! Grrrr!!
The Following User Says Thank You to chelebele For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chelebele Ad-Free
4th October 2015, 07:46 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 250

More
EU model H815
Any idea if the EU model is also affected? I'm waiting for my new G4 to be delivered. Was happy until I saw this thread...
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread