FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Marshmallow

2,346 posts
Thanks Meter: 665

By Juzman, Senior Member on 6th October 2015, 02:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Quote:

LG is most likely developing the Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system and may release it for its G3 and G4 flagships via an over-the-air (OTA) update, in the coming weeks. Although the update schedule is yet to be revealed.

The company's Korean support site has listed the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for some variants of the LG G3 and LG G4 flagships, which include the LG G3 F400S, F400K and F400L as well as the LG G4 F500S, F500K and F500L. All these variants are currently running on Android Lollipop operating system.

View full post here: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/android-6-0...d-soon-1522322
The Following User Says Thank You to Juzman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Juzman Ad-Free

6th October 2015, 03:32 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,090

More
I'd say it's coming as the T-Mobile support page says it's in testing/already developed. (And that's a US Carrier variant)

https://support.t-mobile.com/communi...tmoSUPDocTitle

Sent From My LG G4
The Following User Says Thank You to Rydah For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rydah Ad-Free
6th October 2015, 05:07 AM |#3  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 50

More
I'm guessing this will mean a new root method will be required?
6th October 2015, 06:51 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Townsville
Thanks Meter: 665

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowbody42

Also a 6 month+ wait for Telstra to do their "testing". Unless we can simply flash it the way we do now with locked bootloaders and injecting root.
6th October 2015, 06:55 AM |#5  
Flag Victoria
Thanks Meter: 68

More
I'm excited for the camera app from the V10 being ported over!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bustervic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bustervic Ad-Free
6th October 2015, 08:01 AM |#6  
Flag Hobart
Thanks Meter: 58

More
I hope it has better power managment..battery gets warm to hot with some apps and lag is still a problem on non rooted phone..
The Following User Says Thank You to frnkly For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frnkly Ad-Free
6th October 2015, 02:36 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I'm hoping that it'll only be a couple weeks before MM is released to the G4, but I'd be happy if it's before the new year. It would make sense to have it out before Xmas so people might buy the G4 as a gift.

I guess not too many of the general public are going to care/know about the latest release of android, whereas people do want something that can handle iOS 9 or whatever version they're on now.
6th October 2015, 02:43 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Here's hoping for a fairly quick release and a screen saturation control!

Amazed at how much the price of the G4 has dropped. I bought mine for £360 three weeks ago and it's dropped another £42 since! Probably £299 by Xmas. Why bother waiting for a One Plus/Nexus etc.?
The Following User Says Thank You to daglesj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daglesj Ad-Free
6th October 2015, 03:52 PM |#9  
Flag Zadar
Thanks Meter: 281

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustervic

I'm excited for the camera app from the V10 being ported over!!

+1
It is inevitable i believe because both phones use identical sensors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frnkly

I hope it has better power managment..battery gets warm to hot with some apps and lag is still a problem on non rooted phone..

+1
We should get much better battery life, especially in stand-by. But i'm hoping for beter power managment
while in use and a better optimised cpu governor... Lag shoulden't be a problem in MM...

Quote:
Originally Posted by daglesj

Here's hoping for a fairly quick release and a screen saturation control!

+1
That would be great...
6th October 2015, 03:59 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
I'm wondering how long it will take Big Red to push this out.
The Following User Says Thank You to sefirosu0522 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sefirosu0522 Ad-Free
6th October 2015, 04:57 PM |#11  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 892

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowbody42

Possibly, but at the same time, possibly not.

The current low effort root method actually uses a bootloader exploit which COULD not be patched by the new version (This is a BIG IF). If this is the case, we'd be able to use the same exact method as before to inject root.

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Also, don't want to be a party pooper, but LG promised the Lollipop release "Soon" last year and ended up taking a long time to release it through most vendors... So I don't trust LG on that front.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)