FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do your G4 Misses or Unresponsive to Touch?

Yes. I Have Tempered Glass on The Screen.

238 Vote(s)
24.19%
Yes. I Have Clear Plastic Screen Protector.

105 Vote(s)
10.67%
Yes. I Have Matte Screen Protector.

10 Vote(s)
1.02%
Yes. I Have Naked Screen.

305 Vote(s)
31.00%
No. I Have No Issue Whatsoever.

326 Vote(s)
33.13%

[Poll] Does Your G4 Miss or Unresponsive to Touch?

753 posts
Thanks Meter: 120

By liamR, Senior Member on 9th June 2015, 04:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th June 2015, 02:22 PM |#131  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I'm having the same issue on my tmo g4. I'm on my second replacement now and it's the same thing. My wife also has the same problem.
As much as I love this phone I may have to switch back to the s6.

16th June 2015, 02:23 PM |#132  
Thanks Meter: 271

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by megamanfre

Try doing a system reset. It seems to work for some people, and for me it made it a little better. But it was still happening enough that I got a warranty replacement.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Spent a ton of time setting my phone up the way I want. I really don't feel like doing a factory reset. Lol

If it really annoys me, maybe I'll reset it this weekend. (yeah I'm kinda lazy Hahahaha)

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
16th June 2015, 03:06 PM |#133  
Thanks Meter: 300

More
I got fed up with the touchscreen issues and I have zero faith in LGs ability to get it fixed and pushed through Verizon in a timely fashion. I swapped my G4 for a GS6 and it's night and day. The GS6 is fast, fluid and the touch screen is on point. I don't regret the switch at all now. It's a shame because I really liked the G4 but I'm not putting the next 2 years of my smartphone life in LGs incapable hands.
16th June 2015, 03:40 PM |#134  
Thanks Meter: 144

More
Some of my observations:
  • The screen felt more responsive immediately after the push update last week, but it's now back to where it was before the update
  • The responsiveness has seemingly also gotten worse after installing a screen protector
  • Hard presses seem to be more effective
  • Double tap to wake failed three times in a row for me yesterday after an extended idle, but once the phone is awake, it seems to work more reliably
  • There isn't a physical dead zone anywhere on my screen, which gives hope that it isn't a hardware issue

I think this is almost certainly a software issue at this point that results from lag. People seem to be having better results with Nova launcher, which is a positive sign. I've yet to switch to Nova, but I'm increasingly leaning in that direction. I hope that once root is achieved with this phone, our dev community can figure out this out because I trust them more than LG or the carriers in pushing out a timely fix for this problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to Snakecharmed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Snakecharmed Ad-Free
16th June 2015, 04:10 PM |#135  

More
Before I decided to call Tmo and switch phones I decided to give LG a shot.
Their answer is for me to send the phone in for 'repair'. No loaner, no advanced exchange, just send them the phone.
16th June 2015, 08:59 PM |#136  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Lg after calling wants me to send in my phone. Pretty dumb request when the person openly told me they don't know if it's hardware or software. Already got a new phone and same issue. Talk about frustrating.
16th June 2015, 09:13 PM |#137  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
This thread had gotten me really scared but after getting my phone today I didn't notice any problems also with touch test I could fill out the whole area (I drew didn't care to tap for years). Seeing the poll I was thinking surely the ones who voted they have no problem just don't realize it? But I guess I'm one of those... luckily! Have unlocked H815 from Europe
16th June 2015, 09:16 PM |#138  
Flag TN
Thanks Meter: 129

More
Thanks god. No screen issues on my TMo

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
16th June 2015, 09:53 PM |#139  

More
the double tap wake is so buggy on mine, so now I just "tap till you wake" consecutively, usually 4-6 taps lol
16th June 2015, 10:18 PM |#140  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Do the issues arrive later on or if I don't have them initially I'm fine?
16th June 2015, 10:21 PM |#141  
Flag Nevada City, CA
Thanks Meter: 113

More
I think I got the thing fixed by running the SGS touchScreen booster app from the Play Store. It seems to be way more sensitive using the Optimized option in the software.
https://goo.gl/oAsQRJ
The Following User Says Thank You to coolmaster121 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift coolmaster121 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)