Screen Burn-In

Search This thread

DeadSOL

May 8, 2011
Wow. I didn't notice until today but the status bar icons and time are showing signs of screen burn-in. I didn't even know this was possible with LCD screens. I can clearly see them with a dark blue full screen wallpaper. This is absolutely horrible.

Check yours too, people!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

montusk

May 29, 2014
Ive noticed it few months ago, and ive never used brightness more than 50%..

montusk

May 29, 2014
Here some pics i took (doesnt work with screenshots)

Attachments

• 1456394125256.jpg
    1456394125256.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 5,109
  • 1456394136735.jpg
    1456394136735.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 5,178
Reactions: pratyush28

Cloudstrife

May 6, 2011

Not many believe so, but there's no problem getting burn-in on LCD. It's harder than OLED of course. Just look at the commercial LCD screens all over town and you'll see a lot of burn-in's...

The thing im baffeled over is that you managed to get burn-in on your phone. That means you have your screen on A LOT...

montusk

May 29, 2014
Not many believe so, but there's no problem getting burn-in on LCD. It's harder than OLED of course. Just look at the commercial LCD screens all over town and you'll see a lot of burn-in's...

The thing im baffeled over is that you managed to get burn-in on your phone. That means you have your screen on A LOT...

OP said he didn't know it was possible on lcd, not me.
And yeah i have screen on a lot :sly:

dhanmohan

its display problem guys i had it 2 months ago..i showed it in service center nd got screen replacement since i had warranty.. u guys should do same if u have warranty and make sure to show them those pictures cause that problem doesn't always appear on screen.. sometimes it disappear..

DeadSOL

May 8, 2011
Yeah, it's been ten hours guys. My phone's screen has been off for 9.5+ hours during this whole time. I can still see it.
It's also easy to spot when I pull the notification shade down. That's just... Horrible. I bought mine online so sending it for a replacement is out of the question. I can't live without a smartphone for a couple of weeks (minimum time with such grievances).

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

milan187

Apr 15, 2015
It's usually ghosting on LCD. It should be reversible. Maybe play some movies or something.

wiidbzxt

Jan 13, 2011
Cuautitlán Izcalli
This is kind of concerning and sad to hear. I traded my Nexus 6 for a G4 because I didn't want to deal with burn-in anymore (Moto X 2013 user). I hope I don't ever run into that problem or that the warranty covers it.

Nickitt

Dec 21, 2011
Kansas City
Just picked up a used LG G4 off Craigslist yesterday, guy had it for a month and was proven from Sprint themselves. Have been noticing screen burn or whatever you want to call it. Can notice it when you pull the notification panel down, and you can see a red tint.
This sucks lol! I'm trying to screen-burn tool off the playstore and will try it for the full 8 hours it says tonight and report back.

Sammae7

May 21, 2013
Bought my G4 June 05 of 2015. Keep the brightness at a steady 80%. No sign of burn in at all.

It bootlooped to Hell but no burn in.

BohTee

Apr 4, 2016
SAME HERE!!!

It is possible with LCD though , I have SOny Xperia z2 before , but it never have such issue , so when i got my g4 and got this issue at first i thought it was a defective unit. So , i replace a panel under warranty , but then the problem appears again then i realized its the quality of the panel lg used. Lg need to fixed their panel really seriously as it happened since G3 .Now with the LG G5 having the always-on features i believe that the problem would be more serious as with 30 minutes non-stop screen on time with current G4 already appeared such issue, imagine always-on for G5....... :confused:

MikeyTG

Oct 15, 2010
If you turn the phone off can you still see anything? If so it's definitely burn in or something like it. This is news to me, I thought LCDs were immune.

DoKaTSuYa

Jun 11, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I got sensitive touchscreen problem, ghost touches, burn-in and now bootloop. Now to sent it repair, buy a new smartphone to wait it come back, get it back, see it's still not totally fixed, send it back again. This phone is **** ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "burn-in" on LCD screens is nothing to worry about and generally go away after about 5-10 minutes if you make those set of pixels a color other than white.

I get this effect when using a white app (reddit sync, chrome maybe) and then go back to a relatively dark app, everything will look pink-ish. This is pretty normal because the liquid crystal display is still pressured to push out white. Give it enough time to relax enough to get the right color back and the "burn-in" will go away.

Watch a video by Erica Griffin for more info about it.
    i had sadly the same problem and made a tread http://xdaforums.com/g4/help/screenburn-t3152109/post63428991#post63428991
    Solved just by sending it back 2 my provider
    (i had the device for 2 a 3 weeks) so i got i new one
    I forgot to take a picture of the problem on the MM, but after i flashed LP this is the result- no burn in.
    I am not qualified to explain what in MM causing this problem, but for me the fact is that "burn in" is gone with stock LP.

I'd like to see a pic after a week of usage on LP please.

Image retention is a hardware thing, not a software thing. You can't have retention on MM and suddenly flash LP and it's gone. It's most probably because the screen was resting while flashing LP that the retention effect is now gone.

Please give it a week and report back, tag me, quote me then, I want to see how it goes out as well :)