FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Screen Burn-In

3,151 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,807

By DeadSOL, Senior Member on 25th February 2016, 05:31 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Wow. I didn't notice until today but the status bar icons and time are showing signs of screen burn-in. I didn't even know this was possible with LCD screens. I can clearly see them with a dark blue full screen wallpaper. This is absolutely horrible.

Check yours too, people!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

25th February 2016, 08:31 AM |#2  
Flag Cluj-Napoca
Thanks Meter: 495

More
I tested with a blue screen. Phone is 4 months old. I don't have any burn-in screen problem.
25th February 2016, 09:54 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Ive noticed it few months ago, and ive never used brightness more than 50%..
25th February 2016, 09:56 AM |#4  

More
Here some pics i took (doesnt work with screenshots)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1456394125256.jpg
Views:	4876
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	3659276   Click image for larger version

Name:	1456394136735.jpg
Views:	4944
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	3659277  
The Following User Says Thank You to montusk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift montusk Ad-Free
25th February 2016, 10:03 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by montusk

Here some pics i took (doesnt work with screenshots)

Not many believe so, but there's no problem getting burn-in on LCD. It's harder than OLED of course. Just look at the commercial LCD screens all over town and you'll see a lot of burn-in's...

The thing im baffeled over is that you managed to get burn-in on your phone. That means you have your screen on A LOT...
25th February 2016, 10:05 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudstrife

Not many believe so, but there's no problem getting burn-in on LCD. It's harder than OLED of course. Just look at the commercial LCD screens all over town and you'll see a lot of burn-in's...

The thing im baffeled over is that you managed to get burn-in on your phone. That means you have your screen on A LOT...

OP said he didn't know it was possible on lcd, not me.
And yeah i have screen on a lot :sly:
25th February 2016, 11:30 AM |#7  
Flag Pannipitiya
Thanks Meter: 206

More
Same here man i was wondering it was only for me i have it on gray walpaper or so

25th February 2016, 12:13 PM |#8  
its display problem guys i had it 2 months ago..i showed it in service center nd got screen replacement since i had warranty.. u guys should do same if u have warranty and make sure to show them those pictures cause that problem doesn't always appear on screen.. sometimes it disappear..
25th February 2016, 03:09 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,807

More
Yeah, it's been ten hours guys. My phone's screen has been off for 9.5+ hours during this whole time. I can still see it.
It's also easy to spot when I pull the notification shade down. That's just... Horrible. I bought mine online so sending it for a replacement is out of the question. I can't live without a smartphone for a couple of weeks (minimum time with such grievances).

29th February 2016, 03:23 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 145

More
AFAIK lcd's don't truly get burn in but they persistence which should eventually fade. I'd imagine a defective screen is something acompletely different though.
29th February 2016, 03:54 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 402

More
It's usually ghosting on LCD. It should be reversible. Maybe play some movies or something.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)