FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Is it possible to root LG G4 Nougat?

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By shi-no_tenshi, Junior Member on 4th March 2019, 12:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,
I've had my G4 for a few years now and I've recently decided to upgrade from H818P 5.0 to the v29 ported for H818P
I would like to ask, is there any way to root this version?

Thank you in advance

22nd March 2019, 12:37 PM |#2  
Flag Lund
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shi-no_tenshi

Hello,
I've had my G4 for a few years now and I've recently decided to upgrade from H818P 5.0 to the v29 ported for H818P
I would like to ask, is there any way to root this version?

Thank you in advance

Do some research on Magisk and then do a Nandroid backup and flash the Magisk .zip in recovery when you're ready.
The Following User Says Thank You to chippey5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chippey5 Ad-Free
23rd March 2019, 04:22 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I used a different method
Quote:
Originally Posted by chippey5

Do some research on Magisk and then do a Nandroid backup and flash the Magisk .zip in recovery when you're ready.

Hello, I'm sorry I used a different method of upgrading. I didn't flash from recovery rather I used LGUP to flash the ROM. I would like to know how to install a custom recovery and unlock bootloader.
23rd March 2019, 06:48 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1,049

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shi-no_tenshi

Hello, I'm sorry I used a different method of upgrading. I didn't flash from recovery rather I used LGUP to flash the ROM. I would like to know how to install a custom recovery and unlock bootloader.

Refer to this thread under Proofs: [UNLOCK][UNOFFICIAL][G4] Unlock **ANY** LG G4 device with UsU

"The only device which is a real special one because of different hardware (2 SIM slots) is the H818 which can be unlocked but has issues (see above)"

This is the above:

H818 (KNOWN ISSUE: TOUCH STOPS WORKING!

To date, this has not been solved and may not ever be. If you can live with out touch (highly doubtful), then go ahead, revert back to Marshmallow and unlock your bootloader, install TWRP and install the Nougat stock rom in the Downloads section and then root ...

If not, the answer is basically No. Your alternative is to try and sell your H818P and get a G4 that can be unlocked ...
The Following User Says Thank You to sdembiske For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sdembiske Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)