[UNLOCK][UNOFFICIAL][G4] Unlock **ANY** LG G4 device with UsU

4,473 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,055

By steadfasterX, Recognized Developer on 8th March 2018, 03:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th March 2018, 09:01 PM |#21  
Quote:
Originally Posted by N4cr2k

Since my H810 isn't my daily driver any more and after following this thread for a looong time I decided to take the plung and unlock. Salt said "Some parts of UsU couldn't be flashed!" and continued but when that was done I was unable to boot into fastboot mode. From there things mostly failed. I do have a full salt backup from a few days ago. Right now the phone won't boot into either download or fastboot mode. Happy be be a guinea pig. Logs below:

https://bpaste.net/show/6028668ee3a1

Have you been usuing the post USU method of entering fastboot? ie:

Fastboot

After you unlocked your device with this method you will also have an unlocked fastboot mode which can be accessed by a key combo:

take out the battery
unplug the usb cable from the PC (not from the device)
Insert the battery again
wait 2 sec
press volume DOWN and while keeping it pressed: plug the USB cable to the PC
keep volume DOWN pressed until you see the fastboot screen

8th March 2018, 09:06 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doop

Have you been usuing the post USU method of entering fastboot? ie:

Fastboot

After you unlocked your device with this method you will also have an unlocked fastboot mode which can be accessed by a key combo:

take out the battery
unplug the usb cable from the PC (not from the device)
Insert the battery again
wait 2 sec
press volume DOWN and while keeping it pressed: plug the USB cable to the device
keep volume DOWN pressed until you see the fastboot screen

Yes. I made sure to carefully read and follow all the instructions. I might try the SD card trick posted here
https://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/...qfil-t3748946/
8th March 2018, 09:22 PM |#23  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by N4cr2k

Yes. I made sure to carefully read and follow all the instructions. I might try the SD card trick posted here
https://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/...qfil-t3748946/

Ok the first thing: all went well on yours but your Ubuntu version do not have the fastboot command available. One more reason why I recommend FWUL which has all needed onboard..

The hash verify failed due to an issue in the way SALT verifies the hashes. In real the flashing was successful but the fastboot reflash afterwards failed as you have no fastboot on your linux. Maybe that screwed it up somehow..

So what's happening now when you connect the device to your Linux?

Type in a terminal:
lsusb

and paste the output here..

And if you see nothing do the same but take out the battery.

Sent from my LG-H815 using XDA Labs
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to steadfasterX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2018, 09:38 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Ah, good call on the missing fastboot. I had used an older version of FWUL on a USB drive but persistent mode kept having issues of not staying persistent. So I just went to a full blown installation of Ubuntu and installed SALT manually. lsusb doesn't show any recognized device in any state or any key combo I've tried. With the battery out I get a icon of a red question mark flashing around the outline of a battery.

[email protected]:~$ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 058f:6362 Alcor Micro Corp. Flash Card Reader/Writer
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
8th March 2018, 09:39 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
I flashed H811 Lineage 14.1 from SteadfasterX's build server for my VS986 and I'm facing a black screen on boot and incredibly long boot times where Lineage boots into safety mode. I flashed the N modem and everything. Any ideas on why this is happening?
8th March 2018, 09:43 PM |#26  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Have to sleep now.. Cu tomorrow

I recommend all to wait for SALT V3.9 before flashing.

Sent from my LG-H815 using XDA Labs
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to steadfasterX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2018, 09:58 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLatios381

I installed RR 7.1.2 (H811 ver) on my h812 but there are a few issues popping up, like sound not working, youtube videos barely able to play, and sensors not working. Is anyone else experiencing these issues?

I decided to say screw it and go back to stock rom (h81220z), but problems mentioned above still exist even after going back. Please help, i do not want to live with this!
8th March 2018, 10:12 PM |#28  
Account currently disabled
Flag Anuradhapura
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfasterX

I think I will take a 1 year vacation now...

You are not just a god... you are the god of all gods bro . i have no words to thank you enough for all your dedication and hard work. Please take as long a vacation as you like and best of luck in all your future endeavours.
8th March 2018, 10:36 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fates13

I flashed H811 Lineage 14.1 from SteadfasterX's build server for my VS986 and I'm facing a black screen on boot and incredibly long boot times where Lineage boots into safety mode. I flashed the N modem and everything. Any ideas on why this is happening?

Okay so the way I fixed this was by once again doing the modem flash in TWRP as stated in FAQ. I don't know if the N modem is needed at all on VS986 or not even if you're using a N rom unless the modem flash doesn't touch whatever the N modem flash did.
The Following User Says Thank You to fates13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fates13 Ad-Free
8th March 2018, 11:10 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 443

More
Something strange happened after booting up my H12. Since I haven't used the phone for quite awhile because it's not my daily driver, once I restarted the phone and went online some lg apps were updated and somehow twrp recovery was reset to the default lg one. I have to flash twrp back up again and disable auto update of the lg apps and software. Is it possible for lg to send update to our phone and somehow brick it because it's unlocked unofficially? I mean if auto update on software and apps are on? I haven't tried flashing a custom rom yet as the 3rd poster above me is having some issues after flashing a custom rom and continues even after he went back to stock.

Thanks to steadfasterX for his hard work.

edit: Flashed magisk with no issue.
8th March 2018, 11:48 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 1,058

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_joe

Something strange happened after booting up my H12. Since I haven't used the phone for quite awhile because it's not my daily driver, once I restarted the phone and went online some lg apps were updated and somehow twrp recovery was reset to the default lg one. I have to flash twrp back up again and disable auto update of the lg apps and software. Is it possible for lg to send update to our phone and somehow brick it because it's unlocked unofficially? I mean if auto update on software and apps are on? I haven't tried flashing a custom rom yet as the 3rd poster above me is having some issues after flashing a custom rom and continues even after he went back to stock.

Thanks to steadfasterX for his hard work.

edit: Flashed magisk with no issue.

This issue is not directly related to this thread. It has been well covered in the H812 [Canadian Guide] thread. BUT, that said, it could be run into when re-flashing your stock rom with SALT and could present on other models as well when flashing their stock roms, as re-flashing etc. seems to unfreeze the relevant apps.

In a file explorer check if you have 'App Updates': /system/priv-app/LGApplicationManager/LGApplicationManager.apk
If you have it, FREEZE it.

Important: Make sure you FREEZE 'Software Update': /system/priv-app/LGDMSClient/LGDMSClient.apk as well, otherwise you risk your LG carrier trying to upgrade your firmware which will likely lead to a brick by doing this way.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sdembiske For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sdembiske Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
unlock

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)