FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

G4 Lagging problems

1,327 posts
Thanks Meter: 441

By *justintime*, Senior Member on 1st June 2015, 03:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I was wondering if other users can confirm.

The G4 is lagging when you wake it up and pressing the home button, when you are still in Facebook for instance
Also when screen is on and you are switching between large apps. it's lagging.

When you clear the apps....its much more snappier then. the difference is night and day.

1st June 2015, 04:24 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Mine lags all the time. It's pretty disappointing. I also have a nexus 6, so much smoother then this phone. Also absolutely hate the lock screen. Can't wait till we get root and can run different Roms.
1st June 2015, 04:37 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Yes it is indeed dissapointing... i did a complete reset. But still present.

Do you think it will be solved on a ROM? Dont you think the 808 processor is to "light"
1st June 2015, 04:54 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
The nexus has an 805. Figure the 808 should run better. Maybe just the LG skin making it lag. My daughters G3 has an 805 also rooted custom ROM. Doesn't lag as much as this phone.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

Also notice touch sensitivity isn't so great. Its constantly missing taps here and there. Very annoying.
1st June 2015, 05:44 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
I have a nexus 6...almost every phone lags out of the box....but soon enough a very talented Dev will get one and it we be gone....that's what you get when your an early adopter
1st June 2015, 06:03 PM |#6  
Flag Hudson
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shigga

The nexus has an 805. Figure the 808 should run better. Maybe just the LG skin making it lag. My daughters G3 has an 805 also rooted custom ROM. Doesn't lag as much as this phone.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

Also notice touch sensitivity isn't so great. Its constantly missing taps here and there. Very annoying.

Mine misses taps every so often. I'm a little annoyed but I'm just gonna chalk it up to release software. I assume an update will come that will fix it. And once we have root and ROMs I'm sure I'll forget all about it. It's rough coming from a nexus 4 with a custom ROM that ran more perfectly than this one.
1st June 2015, 06:35 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 144

More
LG Tech Support informed me that there gonna be update that will kill all the lollipop issues, as well as fix some camera issues.
1st June 2015, 06:53 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nivlac978

Mine misses taps every so often. I'm a little annoyed but I'm just gonna chalk it up to release software. I assume an update will come that will fix it. And once we have root and ROMs I'm sure I'll forget all about it. It's rough coming from a nexus 4 with a custom ROM that ran more perfectly than this one.

Yes also missing tabs on screen...

Camera issues? What is that? OIS?

I removed the sd card (because it is a Chinese Samsung card, think a clone) and it looks it's a bit better now... Still early concussion though.
1st June 2015, 07:44 PM |#9  
Flag Haverhill MA
Thanks Meter: 1,068

More
Having owed a LG Optimus G, G2 and G3 I'm not surprised the G4 lags.
The Following User Says Thank You to shook187 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shook187 Ad-Free
1st June 2015, 07:47 PM |#10  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 306

More
I don't get any stuttering or lag, but I use nova launcher. I only spent a few minutes with stock launcher. Stock launcher is slow and ugly.

Sent from my LG-H811
1st June 2015, 08:18 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Now you say.... I use the Blinkfeed launcher and everything is much smoother now.
Even with sd card.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)