FORUMS

LG G4 Bootloop quick "fix" - try this before baking

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By sloscotty, Junior Member on 8th July 2017, 01:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
If you just need your G4 to work long enough to grab a backup you might try this suggestion first.
(I got the idea from this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/...-loop-t3311623 )

After reading the first few pages of the thread linked above, and seeing the solutions posted by some about putting some sort of "pressure" material between MB and camera, I decided to try something easier before I resorted to disassembling/baking. This "bootloop" issue started on my phone 2 days ago, and I ordered a new phone, but I wanted to do a backup so I only needed my G4 working for a few minutes.

I removed the back cover, removed and re-inserted the battery. Then leaving the cover off, I held finger pressure (with two fingers) on the plastic on either side of the volume up button. I then powered the phone on (maintaining pressure), and was pleasantly surprised that the phone successfully booted!!

Continuing to hold pressure with the two fingers (sort of holding the sides of the phone with thumb and another finger), I was able to swipe to unlock, select menus, enter settings, and perform a full backup to my SD card!! I am very happy!

I may do the bake thing later if I can't restore my stuff to the new phone from the SD card, but for now, I'm just happy it worked. If all you need is a quick backup, give this a try first. Good luck!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sloscotty For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sloscotty Ad-Free
8th July 2017, 09:09 PM |#2  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 14,784

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloscotty

If you just need your G4 to work long enough to grab a backup you might try this suggestion first.
(I got the idea from this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/...-loop-t3311623 )

After reading the first few pages of the thread linked above, and seeing the solutions posted by some about putting some sort of "pressure" material between MB and camera, I decided to try something easier before I resorted to disassembling/baking. This "bootloop" issue started on my phone 2 days ago, and I ordered a new phone, but I wanted to do a backup so I only needed my G4 working for a few minutes.

I removed the back cover, removed and re-inserted the battery. Then leaving the cover off, I held finger pressure (with two fingers) on the plastic on either side of the volume up button. I then powered the phone on (maintaining pressure), and was pleasantly surprised that the phone successfully booted!!

Continuing to hold pressure with the two fingers (sort of holding the sides of the phone with thumb and another finger), I was able to swipe to unlock, select menus, enter settings, and perform a full backup to my SD card!! I am very happy!

I may do the bake thing later if I can't restore my stuff to the new phone from the SD card, but for now, I'm just happy it worked. If all you need is a quick backup, give this a try first. Good luck!

Could you make a video or pictures?

Sent from my LG-H815 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to steadfasterX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2017, 12:39 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfasterX

Could you make a video or pictures?

Sent from my LG-H815 using XDA Labs

When my new phone gets here, I will. give me a day or two.
The Following User Says Thank You to sloscotty For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sloscotty Ad-Free
18th July 2017, 05:20 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Please no video. A writed step by step is easier for you and everyone. Thanks in advance
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)