FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

LG G4 stuck in bootloop

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 11
 
By verluci, Junior Member on 11th December 2015, 03:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th January 2016, 03:04 AM |#371  
Senior Member
Flag Craiova
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
It"s really impossible to get a logcat out of a bootloop device?
 
 
26th January 2016, 03:50 AM |#372  
Desverger's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Does anyone know if the LG built Nexus 5X is also affected? I understand those two phones are very similar so they may share faulty parts.
26th January 2016, 07:50 AM |#373  
bel57's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Somewhere
Thanks Meter: 202
 
Donate to Me
More
Coming for reporting facts: I CAN ACCESS RECOVERY. But after a certain time and ONLY ONCE. After that I must wait like... the memory needs to be cleared, or the phone to be 'cold'. I put it in the fridge, see if the temperature is a setting to take into account.

Unfortunately, the phone freeze and reboot 5 seconds after that, so I can't even wipe

INTERESTING: after letting my phone in the fridge for 15 minutes, the phone actually boots!! It works, but it froze during LG animation, so the device was not cold enough. Put in in the freezer now.

EDIT: boot successful, but it reboots once the device gets warmer. Gonna try to leave it in the freeze while copying files, then repair/replacement..
26th January 2016, 09:52 AM |#374  
snoop85's Avatar
Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desverger

Does anyone know if the LG built Nexus 5X is also affected? I understand those two phones are very similar so they may share faulty parts.

Check the Google Nexus forum. Leading me think the M6 is the culprit.

Google Nexus Forum
26th January 2016, 10:16 AM |#375  
Member
Flag B.M
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bel57

Coming for reporting facts: I CAN ACCESS RECOVERY. But after a certain time and ONLY ONCE. After that I must wait like... the memory needs to be cleared, or the phone to be 'cold'. I put it in the fridge, see if the temperature is a setting to take into account.

Unfortunately, the phone freeze and reboot 5 seconds after that, so I can't even wipe

INTERESTING: after letting my phone in the fridge for 15 minutes, the phone actually boots!! It works, but it froze during LG animation, so the device was not cold enough. Put in in the freezer now.

EDIT: boot successful, but it reboots once the device gets warmer. Gonna try to leave it in the freeze while copying files, then repair/replacement..

Interesting ..what a way to solve this issue while lg not take any action on this ..
26th January 2016, 10:19 AM |#376  
bel57's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Somewhere
Thanks Meter: 202
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_tan

Interesting ..what a way to solve this issue while lg not take any action on this ..

Actually I got a quick answer from the carrier whom sold the phone to me, they agreed to give me a spare device while my G4 is send to repair center. That's a good point, now I just have to save my files.
26th January 2016, 12:46 PM |#377  
Senior Member
Flag Craiova
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
it seems that finally they identified the problem "loose connectors" and all faulty devices will be repaired for free.
http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-a...-fault-669603/
26th January 2016, 01:38 PM |#378  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
Im really afraid of mine if it will give this problem,i have a 506 and H815T.I have no warranty and if is going to die,i have to buy a new one.(

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by csjneek

it seems that finally they identified the problem "loose connectors" and all faulty devices will be repaired for free.
http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-a...-fault-669603/

Yes,but why should the phone give problems after months of using it?.If it was ok first month,what caused it dying after 3 months of using it?.Most of the 505 have died nearly at the same time.What caused this?

I dont understand it.
The Following User Says Thank You to lastsamuraial For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lastsamuraial Ad-Free
26th January 2016, 01:40 PM |#379  
Senior Member
Flag Craiova
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Probably dilation induced by heat usage made the connector split. Maybe that's why in freezer works again
The Following User Says Thank You to csjneek For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift csjneek Ad-Free
26th January 2016, 02:06 PM |#380  
snoop85's Avatar
Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Good news all
LG Confess
26th January 2016, 02:23 PM |#381  
bel57's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Somewhere
Thanks Meter: 202
 
Donate to Me
More
I wrote an article for french customers http://www.gamergen.com/actualites/g...euses-269974-1

By the way, with G4 left in the freezer, I successfully managed to copy 10 Gb of data to my microSD card.. so, if you get bootloop, don't be desperate about data loss
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes