[GUIDE][XPOSED][ALL VARIANTS] Installing Xposed without recovery

Search This thread

IceFTW

May 8, 2018
xposed V89 Brick H812?

UPDATE: You can install the official Xposed framework (v74) by @rovo89. I have updated the instructions accordingly. It is recommended you upgrade to this version, as it has some bug fixes and is an official version.

You do not need a custom recovery or unlocked bootloader. All you need is root. Here is how I did it:

NOTE: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE. FOLLOW THIS GUIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

1. Download Xposed framework (xposed-v74-sdk22-arm64.zip) from here
2. Download official Xposed installer (XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk) (APK ONLY!) from here
3. Install FlashFire (you will have to sign up for the beta program) here
4. Make sure your phone is fully charged. Make sure it's unplugged from computer or any power source.
5. Flash Xposed framework using FlashFire. (Just use the flash .zip option. Do not check Automount) (This will take A VERY LONG TIME-Your phone will not boot for at least 10-30 minutes.)
6. Install official Xposed installer
7. You have Xposed! Enjoy!

*Please note: Some users have reported the flash appearing successful, but after booting, the Xposed framework is not installed. Some of these users report second and third attempts failing. You may have to try it over and over before it actually installs the framework. Currently it is unknown why this is an issue. This is a rare issue, but there have been a few reports of it.

Confirmed working on:
LS991 (Sprint) confirmed by me
H810 (AT&T) confirmed by @djkinetic & @uly609
H815L confirmed by @AvivEliyahu
H815 SEA confirmed by @BySezerSimsek
H815 v10c confirmed by @blaqlemon
H815 v10D confirmed by @DoubleJOption
H815T confirmed by @Winrahr
H818P (Dual-SIM) confirmed by @vintag552
H818n(India) confirmed by @AbhimanyuAryan
H812 confirmed by @juju2011
VS986 (Verizon) confirmed by @yoonee
US991 (US Cellular) confirmed by @Z3ldaFan88
H811 (T-mobile) confirmed by @tkdsl
H810PR (Claro) confirmed by @user787

If I download and flashed xposed v89 instead of 74, would it work the same? Or would it brick. Also can I update xposed on the G4 from on the Xposed app?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE: You can install the official Xposed framework (v74) by @rovo89. I have updated the instructions accordingly. It is recommended you upgrade to this version, as it has some bug fixes and is an official version.

You do not need a custom recovery or unlocked bootloader. All you need is root. Here is how I did it:

NOTE: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE. FOLLOW THIS GUIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

1. Download Xposed framework (xposed-v74-sdk22-arm64.zip) from here
    2. Download official Xposed installer (XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk) (APK ONLY!) from here
    3. Install FlashFire (you will have to sign up for the beta program) here
    4. Make sure your phone is fully charged. Make sure it's unplugged from computer or any power source.
    5. Flash Xposed framework using FlashFire. (Just use the flash .zip option. Do not check Automount) (This will take A VERY LONG TIME-Your phone will not boot for at least 10-30 minutes.)
    6. Install official Xposed installer
    7. You have Xposed! Enjoy!

*Please note: Some users have reported the flash appearing successful, but after booting, the Xposed framework is not installed. Some of these users report second and third attempts failing. You may have to try it over and over before it actually installs the framework. Currently it is unknown why this is an issue. This is a rare issue, but there have been a few reports of it.

Confirmed working on:
    LS991 (Sprint) confirmed by me
    H810 (AT&T) confirmed by @djkinetic & @uly609
    H815L confirmed by @AvivEliyahu
    H815 SEA confirmed by @BySezerSimsek
    H815 v10c confirmed by @blaqlemon
    H815 v10D confirmed by @DoubleJOption
    H815T confirmed by @Winrahr
    H818P (Dual-SIM) confirmed by @vintag552
    H818n(India) confirmed by @AbhimanyuAryan
    H812 confirmed by @juju2011
    VS986 (Verizon) confirmed by @yoonee
    US991 (US Cellular) confirmed by @Z3ldaFan88
    H811 (T-mobile) confirmed by @tkdsl
    H810PR (Claro) confirmed by @user787
    Confirmed working on AT&T H810! Entire process from start to finish took 30 minutes.
    Did you install the deodexed system apps? If not, you need to do that. Follow this guide: http://techjeep.com/2015/12/21/how-to-get-xposed-on-lg-g4-running-android-6-0-marshmallow/ and switch the installation of the different apps to the latest (SuperSu 2.66, latest deodexed apps). Check the thread for deodexed apps: http://xdaforums.com/g4/themes-apps/h815-mm-v20b-deodexed-apps-xposed-t3258980

I have only tried this with 20b, but it should work with 20c. Don't think there's deodexed system apps for 20d yet. Use TWRP or ADB instead of Flashfire. Don't let TWRP install SuperSu when it claims you don't have root.

Did it work?

Yes! You saved my life ;)

I have stock 6.0 v20a german OS and i used the V5 version for v20b OS but it worked fine!
    my way with LG G4 6.0 v20a-ger:
    download this one
    restart into twrp
    install the zip
    whipe cache and dalvic
    download v79sdk23 xposed framework from here
    restart into trwp
    install zip
    restart and whipe cache and dalvic
    -> the restart took me 3-4 min but others say about 5-30 min
    -> after restarting all apps reconfigured and that took another 10min
    install the XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk
    tadda finish ;)

i will post crashes and bootloops but nothing so far.

THX Snah
    Thanks for a fast answer -

Flashfire version downloaded from the link from XDA that took me to Google Play installation - version FlashFire Free v0.27 as stated at the top of the settings in the app on my phone after download, I wasn't even aware there was a newer version.

The first flashing attempt was with it for the v80sdk22-64 recommended for LG G4 818p. Xposed insaller 3alpha 4 doesn't see the framework as installed (text in red). Any suggestions? Or is there supposed to be another workable version of Flashfire?

Ah sorry i meant v0.24 -- v0.27 (which is also the newest version) was the one that didnt work. Just google for flashfire 0.24 apk or something along these lines

OR use my gdrive link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByEaE-9E0HwkUlhYMWJJZ1hHamc/view?usp=docslist_api
    Anyone test on verizon. If not. I will when wife gets home.hopefully one step closer to bliss. Now just need b/l unlock it work around.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Free mobile app