Help bringing LG V10's camera to the G4

Search This thread

DeGon

Mar 23, 2008
LG recently presented the V10. Apart from some goodies (like the 2nd screen, 2 front cameras and a Hifi DAC) and +1GB RAM it has pretty similar hardware as the G4. The main camera is the same.

One of the most interesting software features is a manual video mode in the camer app. With this ist's possible to set ISO, aperture etc. manually. I hope that LG will port the app also to the G4, but it could be that they keep it back a bit to let this be an exclusive feature of the v10 for a while. So maybe someone could help to port the v10 app for the G4.

A early user of the V10 exported the folder in /system/priv-app/LGCamera App/ that camera has the version 4.55.52.1 (while my camera on the G4 LMY47D / V10d-EUR-XX is 4.52.34.10). But simply replacing the same folder in the G4 with the one of the V10 doesen't work. The camera app just crashes when starting. Well, that's not so surprising, but was worth a try.

Is there someone here who would like to look into that? Manual video mode on the G4 would be a blast!

The contents of /system/priv-app/LGCamera App/ are attached to this post.

Edit: Added config xmls from /system/etc/

Edit2: Added more files. The attached zip (LGV10camera.zip) now contains:
- system/priv-app/LGCameraApp/*
- system/etc/media_profiles.xml and camera_config.xml
- system/lib/libcamera_metadata.so, libcamera_service.so and libcamera_service.so

Attachments

• LGV10camera.zip
    17.3 MB · Views: 10,304
Last edited:

Kemby13

Apr 9, 2011
Zadar
Like @Rydah805 said, without media_profiles.xml and camera_config.xml not much can be done...
Looking forward to manual controls in video...

S3V3N

Apr 14, 2009
Żagań
How can you dump the system. You can then porting applications most :))

TapTap in 7 HD 6.0 for LG G4 by S3V3N

DeGon

Mar 23, 2008
Unfortunately I don't have a v10 (yet?), so I asked a early user to send me the files. Can't ask for a full dump of his personal phone though.

Hemn M

Oct 13, 2015
Need libcamera_metadata.so, libcamera_service.so and libcamera_service.so inside system/lib folder.

Sent from my LG G4!

there is a problem with this method , this will not work on all of the G4 devices like the T mobile or the Verizon model
if you try it on the h-815 model i think this model is the one that most of the users have , but yet again if this works then the files must be tested and modified for all the models

DeGon

Mar 23, 2008
All files (app, config files, libs) now in a single zip in the first post. No dump of /system available by now...

Reactions: luis adriano

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As I had mentioned when I bought the G4, I would work on porting the v10 camera for the G4. Well, my G4 arrived a week ago. I unlocked the bootloader on the first day to start working on it, and here is the first result. We did it for the G2 and now we also did it for the G4. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Screenshots V10 camera in G4:
    2dihgzq.jpg

ajxxlw.jpg

2nh0zk0.jpg

fb5tf.jpg
    LG recently presented the V10. Apart from some goodies (like the 2nd screen, 2 front cameras and a Hifi DAC) and +1GB RAM it has pretty similar hardware as the G4. The main camera is the same.

One of the most interesting software features is a manual video mode in the camer app. With this ist's possible to set ISO, aperture etc. manually. I hope that LG will port the app also to the G4, but it could be that they keep it back a bit to let this be an exclusive feature of the v10 for a while. So maybe someone could help to port the v10 app for the G4.

A early user of the V10 exported the folder in /system/priv-app/LGCamera App/ that camera has the version 4.55.52.1 (while my camera on the G4 LMY47D / V10d-EUR-XX is 4.52.34.10). But simply replacing the same folder in the G4 with the one of the V10 doesen't work. The camera app just crashes when starting. Well, that's not so surprising, but was worth a try.

Is there someone here who would like to look into that? Manual video mode on the G4 would be a blast!

The contents of /system/priv-app/LGCamera App/ are attached to this post.

Edit: Added config xmls from /system/etc/

Edit2: Added more files. The attached zip (LGV10camera.zip) now contains:
    - system/priv-app/LGCameraApp/*
    - system/etc/media_profiles.xml and camera_config.xml
    - system/lib/libcamera_metadata.so, libcamera_service.so and libcamera_service.so
    For those who said it was fake, that I was spamming... If I dropped the development of the camera it's because I had a little hope in LG launching MM for the v10 and start working again from there because it would be absurd to work on Lollipop when MM is available on the G4... It's like working on KitKat when I have Lollipop on my device... If you want to keep thinking this is fake or that I'm spamming keep thinking it, this isn't what I do for living anyways, it's simply a hobby ;) What I learned porting things is that it has to be at least stable, because if you launch it on beta the same people who asked you to "please upload it" later on they comment negatively on the post. That's what I learned with the G4 full port that we did with CheloZ for the G2... I was receiving tons of PM's asking me to launch the ROM in a beta stage everyday. Once I did it, everyone was criticizing the FC's, reason why we didn't want to launch the ROM yet, and the only thing they achieve is to discourage the continuity of the project. If we didn't launch the camera it was for the same reason, because it was still on development, and because it has no sense to work on Lollipop when we have Marshmallow, so I wanted to wait for LG to launch MM for the v10, and if LG didn't do that sooner or later the G5 kdz would be available and I could work on it. But finally, MM is available for the v10 so I got my hands on it yesterday.
    I don't really care if you believe or not, the only thing that upsets me is that you say it's fake, or that I was spamming. I hope the people who criticized me are not so cynical to use the camera once it's out.
    Cheers.
    I found the problem because someone can't see 3 dots button in MM.

It's DPI related. Using standard dpi 640 it doesn't show the 3 dots because they're outside screen. If you reduce to 580 it works like a charm.

Installed only the app from this link on pag. 19

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5NJTB9bLPdsVjJXN0dYUE11RU0/view

But only with the app makes fc in manual photo mode.

Going to install xml files and retry now

Edit: Tried and doesnt work. If if put xml files, then stock camera dies too. If i put lib in system/etc makes bootloop.
    Using Life's Good 1.2 rom
    Guys, I showed no signs of life because I was helping @cheloz with the launch of the v4 (a G2 ROM) and I was preparing some things for the G4...
    First a ROM and now I show you this other thing that I was preparing for the G4:
    2h6suw4.jpg

2vrvkph.jpg