[No Root][6.0+] G6 Camera ported to G4 *ALPHA* [DISCONTINUED]

Search This thread
Y

yener90

Hello,

This is an early alpha version of g6 camera.
Some parts are not working and manual modes are currently not enabled, until current state is stable.

Installation:
Just install it like a normal apk

Known bugs:
- freezes on flash photo
- empty texts
- no images in some parts
- force closes sometimes
- sd card issue like in v10 cam

To help getting better this app, send me logs please.
More better only with the part of the error.

Download
LGCameraAppG6_v0.1.apk

Thanks to:
@xpirt for the original g6 rom

Last edited:

trinireddman

Sep 21, 2012
LG G7 ThinQ
Hi everyone....I'm testing this on my d851 and its working (as well as an alpha should). I think you will have to adjust the dpi since the g6 is a 18x9 res so the manual mode buttons are clipped. I think its above above the flash button.
Thanks a lot for your port .

georgemb

Dec 26, 2016
Is it possible to change resolution on this app coz I don't see the toggle to change it . Any way thanks for porting ..

bel57

Dec 26, 2009
???
www.gamergen.com
Can anyone make it clear about the bugs and perks so far? It can be installed as a normal app, but without replacing any stock camera? As said previously, I have V10 + G5 on my phone and don't want one to be erased :)

Saratoga79

Jan 12, 2013
Ordizia Capital
Working on custom stock based ROM (6.0) on LG G3 D855 variant with some minor custom FCs but is a really a great app. It can be installed as a regular app and you don't lose any camera app. OiS autofocus seems to work too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5146959

Is it wishful thinking for this would work on AOSP / Lineage ROMs?
Normally we need the camera libs or something that very clever people know about

ramqashou

Mar 25, 2015
Works on The G5, both cameras, i noticed that food mode is missing(not that I actually need it)
Thank you so much i really appreciate ur hard work, I'm looking forward manual modes

SavageRobot

Is it wishful thinking for this would work on AOSP / Lineage ROMs?
Normally we need the camera libs or something that very clever people know about

Yes wishful thinking, still same story, LG don't release necessary things and won't. Stock based ROMs only. I'm currently on Lineage for N but I find Footej a pretty good camera seeing as there are currently issues with the snapcam too.

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Hi everyone....I'm testing this on my d851 and its working (as well as an alpha should). I think you will have to adjust the dpi since the g6 is a 18x9 res so the manual mode buttons are clipped. I think its above above the flash button.
Thanks a lot for your port .

Use per app settings in Xposed to change the dpi for this app.

obol2

Nov 23, 2014
Home
Hello,

- freezes on flash photo
- empty texts
- no images in some parts
- force closes sometimes
- sd card issue like in v10 cam

To help getting better this app, send me logs please.
More better only with the part of the error.
My Device is G5 (h850).
Works:
- Flash + normal and wide angle
- without flash + normal and wide angle
- Everyting in settings
- save on SD Card (foto and video AND also switching both camera in video)
- mode: automatic, popout, multi view, snap, panaroma, time lapse works video and foto (wide + normal)

Dont work:
- OIS and signature
- sometimes FC and freeze

THANK YOU !!! :good: Hope for a long time to find a dev that ports the G6 cam !!! ♥♥
ROM: Fulmics 2.0 + FluenceUHD 36
PS: If someone want me to test something, feel free :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Known bugs <- lol, seriously? The list reads like "great app but phone explodes while using the app : - )"

I'm not trying to hate but.. That sounds disrespectful. :confused:
    Yener probably puts a lot of time and effort into such project to bring and give this to us. Of course there can be parts that don't work.. and maybe never will. But hey, give it some time, maybe he will be able to bring us a really nice functional LG G6 Camera App in some time.. And have you even tried the app? It actually works pretty good already.
    He does et even for free.

Thanks @yener90 for all your work and time you put into this. Really grateful.
    G6 doesnt have advenced manual mode? :(

Read the OP,
    "This is an early alpha version of g6 camera.
    Some parts are not working and manual modes are currently not enabled, until current state is stable."
    @The G5 users with nougat:
    does flash work?
    on video it works only on photo it freezes on G4 6.0.
    So I would know if it is a Nougat & Marshmallow issue.
    @manual mode: i can't guarantee if it will work on our phones. I currently don't know if LG uses new hardware functions or uses software implementations.
    Let's hope its just software implementations which should work on our phones :)

I wanted to release it after all bugs are fixed, but it looks like i will not have much time for it.
    I released it, maybe some other can find and fix the errors.
    If this triggers some of you, then wish you good luck making it better :)

Flash works but stays on after the photo was taken sometimes, and there is a fc that happens after you set the lighting low or high and move you phone around to force the cam to change the focus mode. Video flash works. Here is a catlog.
    Why is it discontinued?
    This thread is now featured on the XDA portal!