[DEV][HOW TO][WIP] 64bits ROMs and TWRP

Search This thread

n0jah

Aug 16, 2012
I couldn't find the twrp but people here suggested to decrypt by formatting and wiping all data along with internal storage in the twrp menu or via cmd through a pc. I used the second option via pc and That decrypted my device successfully.

Not sure I understand.
Wouldn't wipe completely destroy your data and disable encryption ?
Or that after you did that and encrypted the device again it worked with TWRP ?
I have a fresh Install on my phone but I'm pretty sure I wiped everything with TWRP before enabling encryption in Lineange.

From the recovery.log it seems like the KDF is failing. I'll try to dig a bit more when I'll have the time but I don't have a lot of experience with TWRP internals

smitharro

Jan 2, 2012
Blokker
Not sure I understand.
Wouldn't wipe completely destroy your data and disable encryption ?
Or that after you did that and encrypted the device again it worked with TWRP ?
I have a fresh Install on my phone but I'm pretty sure I wiped everything with TWRP before enabling encryption in Lineange.

From the recovery.log it seems like the KDF is failing. I'll try to dig a bit more when I'll have the time but I don't have a lot of experience with TWRP internals
I think he deliberately disabled the encryption! Just as I did;)

badtlc

Jan 28, 2013
KC
Sorry for the lame question but it wasn't quite clear...

To flash a 64bit ROM all we need to do is get the 64bit TWRP and then flash away? No special formatting or anything?

Ae3NerdGod

Apr 27, 2014
can someone PLEASE fix multirom? its doing that thing where it cant mount the blank images for a new rom in image mode, rendering it useless when root is needed on a secondary rom. i can post screenshots and logs next time im near a computer.

monster1612

Apr 21, 2014
Amazon Fire TV
I unlocked the bootloader and flashed the 32 bit multirom version onto the stock OS (after flashing the f2fs Magisk fix and verifying that the system booted). There are actually a few problems I encountered while trying to establish the 1/24 Pixel Experience ROM build as a secondary ROM:
1) it wouldn't let me flash PE with the 32-bit version of MR TWRP (too low of a version), so I installed the 64-bit MR TWRP to resolve this. It flashed to the right partition...
2) but the 64-bit TWRP insists on injecting its MR image into the stock boot .img, which causes a bootloop. So I learned to use the stock ROM as the primary ROM. Even after this, however...
3) MultiROM won't boot PE without the kexec-hardboot patch enabled. However, whenever I try to boot PE with the patch enabled, MultiROM crashes. It produced the attached error log.

Would you be able to build a 32-bit MR-TWRP to bring the TWRP base up to date? I know, don't ask for ETAs, but it's been 3 months since the last 32 bit build, and I don't think this setup can be pulled off until/unless a new one gets made. I would also be willing to build from the sources myself.

mikedolo

Oct 9, 2017
Toronto
so once my bootloader is unlocked. i boot in bootloader mode and fastboot flash recovery TWRP_64bits.img. then loader the rom??

Ae3NerdGod

Apr 27, 2014
I unlocked the bootloader and flashed the 32 bit multirom version onto the stock OS (after flashing the f2fs Magisk fix and verifying that the system booted). There are actually a few problems I encountered while trying to establish the 1/24 Pixel Experience ROM build as a secondary ROM:
1) it wouldn't let me flash PE with the 32-bit version of MR TWRP (too low of a version), so I installed the 64-bit MR TWRP to resolve this. It flashed to the right partition...
2) but the 64-bit TWRP insists on injecting its MR image into the stock boot .img, which causes a bootloop. So I learned to use the stock ROM as the primary ROM. Even after this, however...
3) MultiROM won't boot PE without the kexec-hardboot patch enabled. However, whenever I try to boot PE with the patch enabled, MultiROM crashes. It produced the attached error log.

Would you be able to build a 32-bit MR-TWRP to bring the TWRP base up to date? I know, don't ask for ETAs, but it's been 3 months since the last 32 bit build, and I don't think this setup can be pulled off until/unless a new one gets made. I would also be willing to build from the sources myself.

read the thread, hes working on it. i believe he said the next version will handle both roms.}
(tip: theres a "search this thread" option)

i second the multirom update bump tho. (workaround?: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74655312&postcount=67)

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2017
I can't update to 8.1 from 8.0, I am using xenon hd with the extended kernel, magisk, and Xposed framework, someone please help, I would like to get my phone to the new build to see what it's like

Smeagal192

Jan 25, 2016
Cheshire
I can't update to 8.1 from 8.0, I am using xenon hd with the extended kernel, magisk, and Xposed framework, someone please help, I would like to get my phone to the new build to see what it's like

Chances are you are on 32bit system, you need to change to latest twrp which has 64bit support to be able to install 8.1 oreo build, which are all 64bit.

32bit support discontinued with the introduction of 8.1

Aug 28, 2017
Chances are you are on 32bit system, you need to change to latest twrp which has 64bit support to be able to install 8.1 oreo build, which are all 64bit.

I am on 64 bit, cpuz shows armv8 in the kernel architecture. Any time I try to update through twrp it gives me error 7, saying I have 'potter.potter' when my system is '.'. and I know this is a g5 plus because every time I connect it to a PC, or look at it through cpuz, it shows xt1687 as the phone model

Last edited:

jomtos

Oct 8, 2014
Santo Domingo
I am on 64 bit, cpuz shows armv8 in the kernel architecture. Any time I try to update through twrp it gives me error 7, saying I have 'potter.potter' when my system is '.'. and I know this is a g5 plus because every time I connect it to a PC, or look at it through cpuz, it shows xt1687 as the phone model

He meant to update your TWRP version to the one that supports 64BIT

I am on that as well, that is the version giving me the error, the other versions wouldn't even let me upgrade to 64bit. If the official twrp 3.2 supports 64 bit, please let me know, because all I'm getting from this thread is 3.1.
Ye, latest twrp supports 64bit, since Oreo there is no more normal arm support tho
I mean there's support for arm but all new stuff is for arm64

darkglobe87

Apr 28, 2012
Hi all. I'm trying to use the latest multirom from this thread and the 64 bit MR TWRP to install Vache's latest Lineage 15.1 build, but keep getting error 7. Can someone please advise what to do? I'm trying to add it as a secondary ROM.

Thanks.

pnw3sixty

Jan 1, 2015
CRAzO7S.jpg
I am getting a password prompt what do?

Edit:

Moto G5+ - potter
Flashed the 64Bit TWRP itself, non of the specialized versions.
Haven't set any passwords on my phone, everything is stock/factory reset

Attachments

• WIN_20180217_16_24_50_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20180217_16_24_50_Pro.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:

Andresmoraj

Jun 6, 2014

Wow, so the original 32buts stuff is discontinued, very impressive.
I didn't expect that kind of development of this smartphone . Really liking it every day

Top Liked Posts