[ROM][Moto G5 Plus][android-11.0] ArrowOS 11.0 [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

nv2506

Nov 17, 2016
I am facing issue with Netflix app. It always shows device error. Rest everything works like a charm.

K001droid

Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2015
Ceres
Final builds

29th November updates have been posted to ArrowOS Downloads server and THESE ARE GOING TO BE FINAL BUILDS FROM ME, like most of you know I sold my potter months ago and I didn't intend to work on Moto G5 Plus again but since many people in the community wanted to experience a new android upgrade I decided to bringup Android 11 and release them. I don't plan to release the device sources for 11 changes as some recent drama that went down behind my back people who are just compiling ROMs are disrespecting the work I had done and my releases. So they can just extract ArrowOS 11 (like some peeps already did :p) or do the changes by themselves instead of getting the stuff done already. Believe me, this is better this way if they want to do stuff on potter they better learn to do things themselves.
Also, thanks to aniket and vinyas to continuously testing these builds..
And thanks to Vache (I based my device sources on his oreo branches and kept it going until now) Gtrcraft, flintman (they also had continuous contribution to potter device/kernel sources alongside me) and bunch of other peeps. Ciao.

giphy.gif

Franx2

Nov 17, 2020
29th November updates have been posted to ArrowOS Downloads server and THESE ARE GOING TO BE FINAL BUILDS FROM ME, like most of you know I sold my potter months ago and I didn't intend to work on Moto G5 Plus again but since many people in the community wanted to experience a new android upgrade I decided to bringup Android 11 and release them. I don't plan to release the device sources for 11 changes as some recent drama that went down behind my back people who are just compiling ROMs are disrespecting the work I had done and my releases. So they can just extract ArrowOS 11 (like some peeps already did :p) or do the changes by themselves instead of getting the stuff done already. Believe me, this is better this way if they want to do stuff on potter they better learn to do things themselves.
And thanks to Vache (I based my device sources on his oreo branches and kept it going until now) Gtrcraft, flintman (they also had continuous contribution to potter device/kernel sources alongside me) and bunch of other peeps. Ciao.

giphy.gif

Man, so bad to hear this... Your custom rom was the best that I put in my g5 plus... I hope you change your mind... And if not, thanks anyway, my g5 plus is working really smooth and fast...

Reactions: K001droid

Cyrixxx9

Dec 8, 2016

I have checked ArrowOS stats and I found that potter is the third most used device in ArrowOS 11 (1654 user) and the first in ArrowOS 10 (9518 user)!

So I am one of that 10000 people, I would like to thanks your greate effort to keep our old phone "lives" longer.
That 10000 people is proud to you to achiving this with your continius work, this is your legacy but now ...
our phone is "dying".

We understand (really) that you wont't want to support potter further, but why ArrowOS team abandon us (the 10000 people)?
Is it possible to someone join to the team and continue your legacy?

I understand that you dond't want to share your device sources for 11 with the people whom disrespecting your work, we respekt it! Unfortunetly keeping the sources
is not bad for that people it's bad for us, the community. Bad for the 10000 people.

I would like to ask you to let someone to continue your legacy as you did in the past with Vache.

Thanks for the past years.

Rutambh

Sep 11, 2015
Sihor
Final builds

giphy.gif

FAREWELL

*RESPECT*

• Angry
Reactions: Concept48

ajaikumarnadar

Sep 9, 2016
MUMBAI
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Thank you very much Devs for providing Newest Community Build 2020-10-28.
I tested VANILLA build with NikGapps-core-arm64-11-20201025-signed.zip.
of course, Clean Flash/nothing restore/all apps newly install&setup
It's stable and I don't see any noticeable issues.
I will briefly report as follows...

"LTE+" sign(Carrier Aggregation) appears in Statusbar
"Double tap to sleep" works fine (many setting items added ArrowOS Launcher)
and Thanks for Caffeine icon on QS-Panel

Not confirmed yet:
o VoLTE works fine but no "VoLTE" icon.
(Setting/Display/Statusbar items, VoLTE is set to Enable)
o The Screen becomes too dark in Adaptive Brightness ON

Are you in Arrow 11 ? Can you share some screenshot on carrier aggregation working ?

ich5003

Jan 17, 2015
With ArrowOS 11 on Potter, I can't connect to WPA3+WPA2 networks.
Switching my network settings to WPA2 works well (but that's not really an option outside my home network).

Wasn't a problem on ArrowOS 10.

NKA_

May 9, 2021
I installed this rom.When i go to 'android' folder there is no obb folder. When i add new obb folder it renames as obb(1).So i can't sideload games.Kindly resolve my issue.

One more issue face unlock is also not working.

By the way sorry for my bad english.

akwala

Feb 25, 2012
Moto G5 Plus
Google Pixel 5a
logo.png

ArrowOS for Motorola G5 Plus [potter]

ABOUT
ArrowOS
is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
Code Review: review.arrowos.net
E-mail: arrowos.contact
PayPal: Donate to us
Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

DOWNLOADS
Click here to Download
Tip: Select OEM -> Device,choose Arrow version, choose build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.
Read our blog article/post about:
* GAPPS and VANILLA variants
* Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
Kernel Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_motorola_potter/tree/staging/arrow-10.0
Donate: PayPal
Link to blog post about GAPPS and Vanilla builds is broken. This post has related info: https://blog.arrowos.net/detailed-information-about-our-gapps-and-vanilla-build-types/.

Reactions: Concept48

Spektater

Oct 16, 2020
Hello! Thank you for your hard work!

Has anyone tried this on a XT1681 (or any other model with 2gb version)?

I'm curious about performance, as the 2gb ram in my device seems to be quite limited.

I especially care about camera running smoothly (ideally gcam).

Thank you in advance!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS for Motorola G5 Plus [potter]

ABOUT
    ArrowOS is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download
    Tip: Select OEM -> Device,choose Arrow version, choose build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.
    Read our blog article/post about:
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_motorola_potter/tree/staging/arrow-10.0
    Donate: PayPal
    Final builds

giphy.gif
    Hey everyone!
    ArrowOS for potter is coming back, one of the fellow CORE team member recently got potter on his hands and will support arrow-11.0 from where I left :)

I have checked ArrowOS stats and I found that potter is the third most used device in ArrowOS 11 (1654 user) and the first in ArrowOS 10 (9518 user)!

So I am one of that 10000 people, I would like to thanks your greate effort to keep our old phone "lives" longer.
    That 10000 people is proud to you to achiving this with your continius work, this is your legacy but now ...
    our phone is "dying".

We understand (really) that you wont't want to support potter further, but why ArrowOS team abandon us (the 10000 people)?
    Is it possible to someone join to the team and continue your legacy?

I understand that you dond't want to share your device sources for 11 with the people whom disrespecting your work, we respekt it! Unfortunetly keeping the sources
    is not bad for that people it's bad for us, the community. Bad for the 10000 people.

I would like to ask you to let someone to continue your legacy as you did in the past with Vache.

Thanks for the past years.
    I installed crDroid, I am happy with, not sure how it compares to ArrowOS.
    do you have the full rom or is that just the GApps zip file?
    thank you :)
    I still didn't get upload privilages, so I have uploaded it for you and others who want it on wetransfer, but this will stay only one week, so don't wait downloading, saving it locally. I have never trusted online storage, So I always store files which I might want to use in the future locally. But it's unexpected that arrowos.net doesn't keep their own files.

I have found out, I can also upload files here on xda-developers using "attach files". So you can choose either one of them. Happy new year!