[ROM][8.1.0][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1

Search This thread

Mdotkiss

Oct 26, 2017
I can confirm this, also ROM becomes laggy at times. I have a feeling it's play services but maybe not. However, boot times are ridiculously long. Not a daily driver yet for those of you wondering.

Started working again after rebooting. Maybe you should you try it too.

Everything working fine until now, by the way.

donjuro

Jun 6, 2013
Started working again after rebooting. Maybe you should you try it too.

Everything working fine until now, by the way.

I tried but still didn't work for me, so I decided to go pixelexperience. I LOVED the rom but I had the same issues, camera FC and wouldn't stop. So now I'm just back on 8.0 for now.

smitharro

Jan 2, 2012
Blokker
Camera stopped working in 20171215.
I think that is because it's a 'full' 64 bit build. I'm using the Lineage 15.1 build. That also has no camera. Also Footej Camera gives an error message, so I think vache shipped the builds without camera software because it doesn't work anyway.
Edit:
Footej Camera works after a reboot.

Last edited:

smitharro

Jan 2, 2012
Blokker
Anyone know what he mean by that?
The telegram post didn't elaborate.

I could make assumptions, but a definitive statement would by nice.

Yeah, telegram is very limited with the info. I still don't know the difference. Anyway, Lineage 15.1 is working fine here. Actually I don't really like that they are hardly posting anything here on XDA anymore. There isn't even a thread for Lineage 15.1.... I'm afraid XDA is going down under it's own succes. Too many nitwits that 'demand' all kind of things , are rude, fighting over each other, make accounts just to ask for an ETA, never send logcats, write in foreign languages, and so on. I guess XDA is dying....:crying::crying:

psychopac

Sep 12, 2012
New Delhi
Moto G4 Plus
Moto G5 Plus
Yeah, telegram is very limited with the info. I still don't know the difference. Anyway, Lineage 15.1 is working fine here. Actually I don't really like that they are hardly posting anything here on XDA anymore. There isn't even a thread for Lineage 15.1.... I'm afraid XDA is going down under it's own succes. Too many nitwits that 'demand' all kind of things , are rude, fighting over each other, make accounts just to ask for an ETA, never send logcats, write in foreign languages, and so on. I guess XDA is dying....:crying::crying:
Can you post the telegram link?

donjuro

Jun 6, 2013
Update, I flashed 8.1 again and rebooting worked and the camera worked again, until the play services/store updated themselves, then it FC again. Until I deleted the app cache/data for the app and all was well!

ST Dog

Jun 22, 2013
Google Pixel 7a
Yeah, telegram is very limited with the info. I still don't know the difference. Anyway, Lineage 15.1 is working fine here. Actually I don't really like that they are hardly posting anything here on XDA anymore.

I assume there are other channels where real discussion takes place. But are hidden/invite only sort of things.

All the channels I've seen are worse than XDA regarding extraneous stuff.

XDA is being killed by the lack of moderator enforcement on the dev threads and not deleting or moving (to QA threads) posts. And a victim of its own success, as the word spread (and links from mainstream sites) causing an influx of users that just don't get a developer site.

Last edited:

Maan_Kind

Dec 9, 2017
I am running the 17dec 15.1 build as well, the only issue ive noticed so far is that the settings app crashes and its search function doesn't work as intended.

I flashed it over the 13dec 15.1 build, with the stock kernel.

Sent from my XT1685 using Tapatalk

smitharro

Jan 2, 2012
Blokker
I am running the 17dec 15.1 build as well, the only issue ive noticed so far is that the settings app crashes and its search function doesn't work as intended.

I flashed it over the 13dec 15.1 build, with the stock kernel.

I did the same. But the settings app works fine here, as well as the search function. At what setting does it crash on your side?

Maan_Kind

Dec 9, 2017
I did the same. But the settings app works fine here, as well as the search function. At what setting does it crash on your side?
I can not recall, because it only happened when I searched for a setting which is not displayed in the menu tree. I can now only search for applications in the settings search bar, which is odd.

In the 13dec build the settings for the lockscreen crashed, which i wanted to access to stop the lock screen from rotating. I infortunately do not have any more useful information.

EDIT: Maybe it helps that when the settings app crashed, it said: LineageOS Settings crashed, something along those lines.

Last edited:
Reactions: smitharro

andynx1

Sep 1, 2010
Carlisle
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I did. It's fine so far. Reboot after first setup to get the camera working.
All good here as well, security also all working correctly.

My favourite ROM. The G5+ with this ROM, is just fantastic. Smooth, fast, great battery life, December LOS15.1, no issues that I can find. Pity the phone hasn't got wireless charging, but other than that - fantastic!

How could it be any better?

Edit: I can't use android pay, due to magisk - that's how it could be better.

Last edited:
All good here as well, security also all working correctly.

My favourite ROM. The G5+ with this ROM, is just fantastic. Smooth, fast, great battery life, December LOS15.1, no issues that I can find. Pity the phone hasn't got wireless charging, but other than that - fantastic!

How could it be any better?

Edit: I can't use android pay, due to magisk - that's how it could be better.
How many hours sot are you getting? I really want to switch over to this ROM from stock, but stock is so stable and has such a great battery life and Xposed Framework that I almost don't want to

andynx1

Sep 1, 2010
Carlisle
Redmi Note 10 Pro
How many hours sot are you getting? I really want to switch over to this ROM from stock, but stock is so stable and has such a great battery life and Xposed Framework that I almost don't want to
Hey, its up to you!

I don't like to quote sot, because we're all different! Suffice to say, that I think it's ~same as stock. I don't use xposed with this ROM, so can't comment on that.

But, there is nothing that would persuade me to go back to stock. This ROM is sooo stable, and fresh (android 8.1?).

Make a nandroid, then try this. You can always revert.

Reactions: Jrhotrod

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    #include "std_disclaimer.h"
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device or if your cat barks at you, I will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera and Camcorder(video recorder)
    • Video Playback
    • Audio ( Recording and Playback )
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • VoLTE

What's not working :
    • Check #Reporting Bugs section

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to system

Downloads :

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Bug report should be done in following format provided in code below
    Code:
    What is your
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you
    wipe:
     restored with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Sources
    Kernel:-https://github.com/boulzordev/android_kernel_motorola_msm8953
    Device:-https://github.com/boulzordev/android_device_motorola_potter
    Vendor:-https://github.com/boulzordev/android_vendor_motorola_potter

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Moto G5 Plus

Contributors
    vache, anshuman_1, jhenrique09
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-09-15
    Last Updated 2018-07-12
    From the Telegram announcement group it seems that vache has posted a 64 bit Lineage 15...

Wanted to be sure that it's stable enought to be share here. Looks good for now.

Here is the build : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yF4pD-37cV0_4TyoVVNWsNOLE5c-Pj3u/view?usp=sharing

Be sure to use 64bit TWRP to flash this one. And yes, wipe all needed. (system/dalvik-cache/cache)
    Update

New build up : http://cloud.vache-android.com/Moto...S/lineage-15.1-20180424-UNOFFICIAL-potter.zip

Changelog :

• Sync with LineageOS sources
    • Another attempt to fix BT call for everyone
    • Fixed 5Ghz WiFi hotspot
    Update

Ok, sorry for the delay. Had some issue with VoLTE.

Last build can be found here : http://moto-roms.netlib.re/LineageOS/lineage-15.1-20180117-UNOFFICIAL-potter.zip

Changelog : (not full)

• Last security patch
    • LiveDisplay is now working
    • Buttons settings are back
    • NavBar toggle is back
    • Kernel upstreamed
    • Some bugs fix
    Project treble would be considered a separate project here (I think). Also, it would need device repartitioning, which is dangerous. This doesn't have treble.

Sent from my athene using XDA Labs

Made an attempt using OEM partition (650Mb wasted space), and booted fine. Now, waiting for O ROM to grab needed blobs for camera.

I don't know why it's not official.

Maybe because there's no Lineage 15.1 officially for now ? :)