[ROM][7.0][NPN25.137-67] Stoneware v.67 [04/06]

Search This thread

eskamhl

Dec 20, 2008
OnePlus Nord
Google Pixel 6a
Introduction

This is a stock-based rom I initially created for myself, now I'm sharing it because it can be handy also to some other people.
I only made some small modifications and added some useful features from our devs :D

Features

• based on latest NPN25.137-67 firmware
  • deodexed
  • zipaligned
  • debloated (removed some gapps, you can download them from play store)
  • rooted with magisk
  • battery percentage mod (on the left of the battery)
  • 3MinitClock (customisable clock mod in statusbar)
  • removed ime switcher on navbar
  • tinted navbar (where the app allows it)
  • all rotations enabled
  • @defcomg mods for camera (less aggressive sharpening | noise reduction)
  • led support (thanks to @vache)
  • debug usb icon and notification removed
  • cool navbar icons

Installation instructions

1. Reboot in recovery
  2. Wipe data, cache and dalvik
  3. Install zip
  4. Reboot
  5. To have root you must update magisk app (currently not available in play store)

Issues
  • Moto Action "flip to mute" is not working
  • MagiskHide and modules not working properly

Changelog

Last changlog:
Code:
Stoneware v.67 - 05/06/2017
   [NOTE] Initial build
Old changlogs:
Code:
Empty

Downloads
Thanks To/Credits

@vache
@defcomg
@GtrCraft
@SuperR for his kitchen
@gharrington for 3MinitClock
@Erhany for battery %
@Ticklefish
@motomotomotoG
@RXS MoonBreakers
@sharan.nyn

XDA:DevDB Information
Stoneware, ROM for the Moto G5 Plus

Contributors
eskamhl
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
Based On: Stock firmware

Version Information

Created 2017-06-04
Last Updated 2017-06-04

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 4,761
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 4,723
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 4,691
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 4,485
Last edited:

vinay7

Oct 15, 2013
Introduction

Features

Changelog

Downloads

Thanks To/Credits

Contributors
eskamhl

Version Information

Created 2017-06-04
Last Updated 2017-06-04

screenshots please.
can u add dolby atmos by default
and also good camera like google camera or lenovo snap it which has features like blur etc.
and also add substratum theme manager by default

and how is the camera quality

Last edited:

aki_007

Jan 4, 2014
New delhi
screenshots please.
and also good camera like google camera or lenovo snap it which has features like blur etc.

Lots of thread for Atmos installation already .
Including it in rom deprives other users of flexibility .

Reactions: iam_delan0

eswarvf

Mar 18, 2013
Hyderabad
Introduction

Features

Changelog

Downloads

Thanks To/Credits

Contributors
eskamhl

Version Information

Created 2017-06-04
Last Updated 2017-06-04

include supersu. works fine with me

eskamhl

Dec 20, 2008
OnePlus Nord
Google Pixel 6a
screenshots please.

You can find some screenshots in "Screenshots" menu, as always at the top of a devdb thread.
Everyone has his hown preference about audio mods and in addition I'm not using any of them so I don't think I'll include one of those :p
The same is valid for substratum ( not everyone is using it, and I'm not ) and camera.
The camera quality is a little bit better than stock firmware thanks to defcomg and his modified libs.

Lots of thread for Atmos installation already .
Including it in rom deprives other users of flexibility .
I agree :D

Not recommended for XT1687 retus correct?
Honestly I don't know, but since it's from retin firmware and I'm using it on a xt1685 device I would give it a try.
Make a nandroid backup before doing anything, in particular oem partition ( the installer touches /system /boot and /oem partitions, nothing more )

include supersu. works fine with me
There's Magisk already, it has more options than supersu at this moment

Last edited:

atrac17

Feb 25, 2017
Clearwater, FL
Honestly I don't know, but since it's from retin firmware and I'm using it on a xt1685 device I would give it a try.
Make a nandroid backup before doing anything, in particular oem partition ( the installer touches /system /boot and /oem partitions, nothing more )

I already did a nandroid and have it up and running ?. Few questions, how do I disable the battery percentage mod and center clock mod? I already disabled 3MinitClock.

These are just features I don't use and disable the icons with ui tuner. Also, the LED support is for notifications when the screen is off only? Is there anyway to enable it while the screen is on?

I checked your thread for the mods to see if there was a way to remove them as well. Are they built into the system ui?

Thanks for this!

Last edited:

roygbiv859

Sep 25, 2014
Does Moto Display work with this rom? I've been waiting very patiently for a debloated stock rom!

eskamhl

Dec 20, 2008
OnePlus Nord
Google Pixel 6a
I already did a nandroid and have it up and running . Few questions, how do I disable the battery percentage mod and center clock mod? I already disabled 3MinitClock.

These are just features I don't use and disable the icons with ui tuner. Also, the LED support is for notifications when the screen is off only? Is there anyway to enable it while the screen is on?

I checked your thread for the mods to see if there was a way to remove them as well. Are they built into the system ui?

Thanks for this!
For the battery percentage mod I have to make at least a VRTheme, will do it tomorrow.
About the clock you can put a "space" in 3MinitClock app and it should be fine
Edit: I just noticed there's an option to hide clock inside 3MinitClock app, it's just a matter of fixing the bug described here below.

Does Moto Display work with this rom? I've been waiting very patiently for a debloated stock rom!
Works as in stock rom :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: atrac17

Justin933

Dec 10, 2016
Hello and thanks for the stock rom! Looks like this is going to become my daily!

Only problem I've noticed so far is the 3minit clock mod.. After changing it to right align, it is fine until you pull down the status bar and snap it back, then you have two clocks! One in the middle, one on the right

Justin933

Dec 10, 2016
Hello and thanks for the stock rom! Looks like this is going to become my daily!

Only problem I've noticed so far is the 3minit clock mod.. After changing it to right align, it is fine until you pull down the status bar and snap it back, then you have two clocks! One in the middle, one on the right

Temp fix I just set the clock to center align and I only have one clock now.

eskamhl

Dec 20, 2008
OnePlus Nord
Google Pixel 6a
Temp fix I just set the clock to center align and I only have one clock now.
You're definitely right [emoji15]
There are some problems with the clock positioned at the center, this evening I'll look at the code ( I'm using the centered clock, I just checked it was moving correctly and nothing more ).

In addition I have to admit there are some issues with magisk, I'm not even passing basic integrity.
It seems like magisk is mounted in ro mode, uninstalling a reinstalling did not fix the problem so I think we must wait a patched/custom kernel.

Dahenjo

Oct 18, 2014
CT
You're definitely right [emoji15]
There are some problems with the clock positioned at the center, this evening I'll look at the code ( I'm using the centered clock, I just checked it was moving correctly and nothing more ).

In addition I have to admit there are some issues with magisk, I'm not even passing basic integrity.
It seems like magisk is mounted in ro mode, uninstalling a reinstalling did not fix the problem so I think we must wait a patched/custom kernel.

I gave this a try since I really like debloated stock ROMs. Couldn't get the status bar clock to stay how I'd set it, then tried hiding it but it would reappear anyway, and same after disabling it as though some part of it was burned-in to the set up. Also the fonts couldn't match the bolder font style of the status bar and it looked too dim/faint.

Magisk, as you're saying too now, was the real game-stopper because even though it said I'm rooted I was still getting ads despite using AdAway. Tried another fresh install (wiped, reinstalled ROM) this time not updating Magisk Manager (uninstalled it) then trying SU 2.82 which seemed to work much better rooting-wise, but then had the camera & wifi issues because the .67 kernel isn't modified yet.

So I had to go back to my .33 backup but hope you'll keep at this when we get a patched kernel for the upgraded versions. I love the boot animation which really fits the ROM name and perfectly matches the black Moto boot logo I'm using. Could you possibly please extract that so we can use it on our old set ups, or if available separately provide a link? Again, many thanks for your efforts on this.

sharan.nyn

May 16, 2012
Kerala
Xiaomi Poco F3
I gave this a try since I really like debloated stock ROMs. Couldn't get the status bar clock to stay how I'd set it, then tried hiding it but it would reappear anyway, and same after disabling it as though some part of it was burned-in to the set up. Also the fonts couldn't match the bolder font style of the status bar and it looked too dim/faint.

Magisk, as you're saying too now, was the real game-stopper because even though it said I'm rooted I was still getting ads despite using AdAway. Tried another fresh install (wiped, reinstalled ROM) this time not updating Magisk Manager (uninstalled it) then trying SU 2.82 which seemed to work much better rooting-wise, but then had the camera & wifi issues because the .67 kernel isn't modified yet.

So I had to go back to my .33 backup but hope you'll keep at this when we get a patched kernel for the upgraded versions. I love the boot animation which really fits the ROM name and perfectly matches the black Moto boot logo I'm using. Could you possibly please extract that so we can use it on our old set ups, or if available separately provide a link? Again, many thanks for your efforts on this.

Just extract it from the ROM zip. Which u have downloaded from /system/media. There will be boot animation.zip. Copy this and paste it in your current ROM. Set correct permissions.(644). That's it!

Reactions: Dahenjo

Dahenjo

Oct 18, 2014
CT
Just extract it from the ROM zip. Which u have downloaded from /system/media. There will be boot animation.zip. Copy this and paste it in your current ROM. Set correct permissions.(644). That's it!

Thanks, I wasn't sure if it needed other file(s) than just the bootanimation.zip, but it worked fine. I guess this new one is called 'PiTwistedGeometry'.

atrac17

Feb 25, 2017
Clearwater, FL
@eskamhl I've switched over to .35 temporarily. For Magisk, it isn't working properly for several features. This ROM is really sweet. I also noticed the clock issue, but since I'm removing it, the "space" feature did work. I also had double battery % on lockscreen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170604-204212.jpg
    Screenshot_20170604-204212.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 274

Top Liked Posts