This is a desktop app that allows you to unlock the bootloader and root a Motorola G5 Plus smartphone with a few button clicks. It's built with Electron and hence will work on Windows, macOS and Linux operating systems.
The toolkit follows the unlocking and rooting procedure for Motorola G5 Plus mentioned here.
* No need of installing ADB and Fastboot binaries
* Works on Windows , Linux, and macOS
* Get bootloader unlock data from device
* Send bootloader unique key to device for unlocking
* Flash TWRP Recovery
* Flash SuperSU
* Commonly used ADB and Fastboot commands
* Bundled drivers for Windows
* Create and Restore backups with button clicks
* Flash any TWRP compatible ZIP
* Flash stock firmware / un-brick
About the Project
The source is available on Github.
Porting it to another device
Porting the toolkit to another device is easy. Change a few strings, variables and necessary files like recovery image and you are done. After all every phone can communicate with your computer with ADB or Fastboot.
This project bundles the work of many other devs.
*@vache for potter TWRP, boot.img and WiFi patch.
*@chainfire for SuperSU.
1. TWRP backups saved to computer might fail to restore. The ones saved to phone work fine.
2. TWRP gets stuck on logo if booted instead of flashed.
If the toolkit helped you, don't forget to click the thanks button!
Buy me lager!
Thanks to all lagers received
- Curtis Bullock
Moto G5 Plus Toolkit, Tool/Utility for the Moto G5 Plus
Source Code: https://github.com/drtechie/moto-g5p-toolkit
Current Stable Version: 1.1.0
Stable Release Date: 2017-06-03
Last Updated 2017-06-03