[Unofficial] TWRP 3.1.1-0 Moto G5 Plus [potter]

1,354 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,137

Post Reply Email Thread
TWRP 3.1.1-0 Moto G5 plus (potter)

Latest TWRP changelog :

3.1.1-0 full changelog

Working/Bugs :

I have just basically tested and all seems to be working (including decryption of /data). If something is broken lemme know.

Please do read the installation guide note !

IMPORTANT NOTE :
  • At first boot twrp will ask for "Swipe to allow modifications for /system" and if you choose to allow it system partition will get modified. So if you choose to reboot back to OS without performing anything in twrp, the OS won't boot (as verity check is enabled in stock OS/kernel) . To avoid this you have to flash either SuperSU or flash any of the verity disabler zips there in xda

• Force encryption is enabled by default in stock OS and twrp will successfully decrypt /data at first boot if all goes well

If in case decryption doesn't go fine, twrp will popup a dialog box asking for password and that means decryption went wrong and you would need to wipe data once via twrp wipe options and reboot back to twrp for functioning of /data

Installation Guide :
  • Make sure you have unlocked bootloader
  • Reboot to bootloader
  • fastboot flash recovery twrp-****.img (if you want permanent flash) or fastboot boot twrp-****.img (if you want temporary
    boot)

Download Link :

twrp_3.1.1-0_potter

Have used prebuilt kernel of existing sdcard fixed twrp released by vache and hence there is no kernel source to provide

XDA:DevDB Information
[Unofficial] TWRP 3.1.1-0 Moto G5 Plus, ROM for the Moto G5 Plus

Contributors
Santhosh M, vache
Source Code: http://using prebuilt stock kernel a...urce available

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2017-03-21

Created 2017-03-21
Last Updated 2017-06-22
The Following 45 Users Say Thank You to Santhosh M For This Useful Post: [ View ]

21st March 2017, 08:17 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag cd ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ India
Thanks Meter: 9,137

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
Reserved
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Santhosh M For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st March 2017, 10:11 AM |#3  
Flag Goa
Thanks Meter: 8

More
It it working properly? Can i flash Super su by temporary boot? I don't want to brick my device so asked this.. Kindly reply, thanks for the early build
21st March 2017, 11:07 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 268

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santhosh M

Reserved

Oh yussss tysm. Let's start the party. will be flashing right away when ill receive this device on 25

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by virajkin

It it working properly? Can i flash Super su by temporary boot? I don't want to brick my device so asked this.. Kindly reply, thanks for the early build

It should be working that's why Dev has posted it. Try and let us know.
21st March 2017, 11:15 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santhosh M

Unofficial TWRP 3.1.0-0 Moto G5 (potter)

Latest TWRP changelog :

New features of 3.1.0 (adb backup, tweaked MTP startup routines and plenty of bug fixes - for full changelog)

Download Link

twrp-3.1.0-0-potter.img

Working/Bugs

I have just basically tested and all seems to be working. If something is broken lemme know.

Installation Guide

IMPORTANT NOTE : Since force encryption is enabled by default in stock OS TWRP will/might ask for decrypt password for /data while you boot for first time.
You would need to wipe data once via twrp wipe options and reboot back to recovery for twrp for functioning of /data

Make sure you have unlocked bootloader
fastboot flash recovery twrp-****.img (if you want permanent flash) or fastboot boot twrp-****.img (if you want temporary
boot)

XDA:DevDB Information
[Unofficial] TWRP 3.1.0-0 Moto G5 Plus, ROM for the Moto G5 Plus

Contributors
Santhosh M
Source Code:http://using prebuilt stock kernel and hence no kernel source available

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2017-03-21

Created 2017-03-21
Last Updated 2017-03-21

This was the reason I went for this device.
Thank you very much.
21st March 2017, 11:32 AM |#6  
Flag Goa

More
I tried booting to this recovery by fastboot boot twrp...img, to flash super su, it asked for a password, I selected cancel, so i couldnot see my internal storage folders, so just selected to reboot the system. Now the phone has stuck on ! Your device will boot in 5 seconds,, please help anyone. OP
21st March 2017, 11:40 AM |#7  
Flag ankleshwar
Thanks Meter: 580

More
Quote:

I tried booting to this recovery by fastboot boot twrp...img, to flash super su, it asked for a password, I selected cancel, so i couldnot see my internal storage folders, so just selected to reboot the system. Now the phone has stuck on ! Your device will boot in 5 seconds,, please help anyone. OP

Make sure u read whole OP at least once. Try to boot into fastboot. And flash again the twrp. U need to wipe your data with twrp first. Than boot ur device. Than flash latest stable SuperSu zip.

Thanks @Santhosh M for bringing twrp this fast will flash it as soon as my device arives.
21st March 2017, 12:18 PM |#8  
Flag Goa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fAIyaZ

Make sure u read whole OP at least once. Try to boot into fastboot. And flash again the twrp. U need to wipe your data with twrp first. Than boot ur device. Than flash latest stable SuperSu zip.

Thanks @Santhosh M for bringing twrp this fast will flash it as soon as my device arives.

Booted in TWRP and tried to wipe data, it gives error "failed to mount /data Invalid argument", unable to mount storage
21st March 2017, 04:07 PM |#9  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:

even i got the same error message. guess i'll have to wait for stock firmware to be available now to flash and go back to stock and try again
21st March 2017, 05:24 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 268

More
Quote:

Quote:

Booted in TWRP and tried to wipe data, it gives error "failed to mount /data Invalid argument", unable to mount storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakdtg

even i got the same error message. guess i'll have to wait for stock firmware to be available now to flash and go back to stock and try again

Any advice? @Santhosh M

is it like we have to give password and not cancel it? and than wipe data and reboot?
21st March 2017, 05:54 PM |#11  
Flag CiTy oF HeAvEn
Thanks Meter: 1,950

More
none its properly mentioned to decrypt your device , why do you guys even hesitate to read
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)