FORUMS

amz bootloader unlocked maybe???

35 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By krison01, Member on 3rd June 2018, 02:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
The amz moto g5 bootloader can be unlocked now it seems, not sure if it's deliberate or just an error, also before unblocking the bootloader please remember that it formats your phone also voids warranty if still have
21st June 2018, 05:06 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Any updates to this? When I enter my unlock data into the site it tells me I'm not eligible, any chance this has changed?
21st June 2018, 07:57 PM |#3  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,544

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by virucyde

Any updates to this? When I enter my unlock data into the site it tells me I'm not eligible, any chance this has changed?

You can only try it from time to time. I don't think Moto will make a statement about things like unlockable devices. There was a short time frame when it was possible to unlock amz locked devices, then the website was down for maintenance and after that it wasn't possible anymore.

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using XDA Labs
23rd June 2018, 04:23 AM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Lincoln, ND
Thanks Meter: 3,334

Donate to Me
More
They are supposed to be permanently bootloader locked, even if you pay Amazon to remove the ads, at least that is the agreement between Moto and Amazon says according to rumors... although a week or two ago there was a window of a couple days where it worked, most likely a glitch that was caught. Seems to happen off and on, usually it's only a couple hours and the other day being 2 days long was almost unheard of.
23rd June 2018, 05:01 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 195

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejavelin

permanently unlockable

*Non-unlockable
The Following User Says Thank You to thedr34m13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thedr34m13 Ad-Free
23rd June 2018, 05:03 AM |#6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Lincoln, ND
Thanks Meter: 3,334

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedr34m13

*Non-unlockable

Lol... thanks and good catch. I fixed the original post to make it more clear.
23rd June 2018, 05:27 PM |#7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

More
i at-least hope this post helped some of you, if seems that it was indeed a glitch.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)