Missed Alarm

Search This thread

nlinecomputers

Jul 29, 2007
Midland TX
Samsung Galaxy A42 5G
Hello,. I have a stock Moto g5 plus that keeps missing Alarms. They simply do not go off constantly. Sometimes I get a notification of a missed Alarm. I rebooted several times. Deleted and recreated alarms, cleared the cache from the app and in recovery.

Help.

Reactions: Choup17

psychopac

Sep 12, 2012
New Delhi
Moto G4 Plus
Moto G5 Plus
Hello,. I have a stock Moto g5 plus that keeps missing Alarms. They simply do not go off constantly. Sometimes I get a notification of a missed Alarm. I rebooted several times. Deleted and recreated alarms, cleared the cache from the app and in recovery.

Help.
Have you tried increasing the alarm volume to the max?
Is your Clock app updated?
Is your speaker working?
Have you checked the alarm tone?

nlinecomputers

Jul 29, 2007
Midland TX
Samsung Galaxy A42 5G
Have you tried increasing the alarm volume to the max?
Is your Clock app updated?
Is your speaker working?
Have you checked the alarm tone?

It is not a question of volume. The alarm is flat not going off. Even the OS will notice this as after the alarm as passed but failed to ring I often get a "MIssed Alarm" notification in the notifications pull down. It is as if the alarm app is being killed in the background.

psychopac

Sep 12, 2012
New Delhi
Moto G4 Plus
Moto G5 Plus
It is not a question of volume. The alarm is flat not going off. Even the OS will notice this as after the alarm as passed but failed to ring I often get a "MIssed Alarm" notification in the notifications pull down. It is as if the alarm app is being killed in the background.
Settings>Battery>Three-dot menu>Battery Optimization>tap on Not Optimized and change it to All apps>find Clock app, tap on it and select Don't optimize

matrixzone

Mar 19, 2012
Settings>Battery>Three-dot menu>Battery Optimization>tap on Not Optimized and change it to All apps>find Clock app, tap on it and select Don't optimize
I dont think that will be required for stock clock app. This should be handled automatically.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Did this and it seemed to fix it until this morning. Right now I have a notification of an "Upcoming Alarm" at 06:30 am. And the time is 7:05. The alarm never went off.
Did you tried Factory reset?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Choup17

Feb 9, 2017
Did this and it seemed to fix it until this morning. Right now I have a notification of an "Upcoming Alarm" at 06:30 am. And the time is 7:05. The alarm never went off.

DUDEEEE....I literally have this exact same problem randomly!!!! This pisses me off so much, in fact....so much it led me right to this forum! This morning I just experienced the exact same thing, I randomly woke up at 6:00AM to my phone saying "upcoming alarm 4:45AM", and then the second I swipe the notification in anger, it says "missed alarm". This is very annoying because I've never had a cell phone make me late for my job so many times before. This has to be the 5th time this has happened in the 1.5 years I've owned the phone. Being late for your job is never good, let alone how dumb you sound saying "my phone didn't wake me up"....well thanks Motorola! Ill be rooting very soon to do a custom ROM/Kernel, sick of this ****.

Have you found a fix at all?

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
DUDEEEE....I literally have this exact same problem randomly!!!! This pisses me off so much, in fact....so much it led me right to this forum! This morning I just experienced the exact same thing, I randomly woke up at 6:00AM to my phone saying "upcoming alarm 4:45AM", and then the second I swipe the notification in anger, it says "missed alarm". This is very annoying because I've never had a cell phone make me late for my job so many times before. This has to be the 5th time this has happened in the 1.5 years I've owned the phone. Being late for your job is never good, let alone how dumb you sound saying "my phone didn't wake me up"....well thanks Motorola! Ill be rooting very soon to do a custom ROM/Kernel, sick of this ****.

Have you found a fix at all?
Never had this issue... I use the alarm religiously, had same ones set since Sept last year, never factory reset once and it has never missed an alarm.

Start with making sure all alarms are using included sounds and not custom ones, then try wiping cache partition, and if that fails factory reset...

Choup17

Feb 9, 2017
Never had this issue... I use the alarm religiously, had same ones set since Sept last year, never factory reset once and it has never missed an alarm.

Start with making sure all alarms are using included sounds and not custom ones, then try wiping cache partition, and if that fails factory reset...

If my phone gets factory reset, it's to unlock the bootloader, not get my morning alarm working again... I'm using the default alarm ringtone on full volume. My fiance had convinced me in the past I was probably sleeping through them... But now I know!!! ? I'm not relying on this stock rom to wake me up ever again. I'll be relying on the fiance's pixel for now. Sad lol

Last edited:

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
If my phone gets factory reset, it's to unlock the bootloader, not get my morning alarm working again... I'm using the default alarm ringtone on full volume. My fiance had convinced me in the past I was probably sleeping through them... But now I know!!! ? I'm not relying on this stock rom to wake me up ever again. I'll be relying on the fiance's pixel for now. Sad lol
Try clearing the cache partition... It's something I do every couple months.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Help.