FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Finally....a New USA Firmware Update - NPNS25.137-35-5

403 posts
Thanks Meter: 152
 
By Pig Vomit, Senior Member on 12th July 2017, 05:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
But.....the only change listed is that it includes the May, 2017 security update. About a 50MB download.

https://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/...ution/MS118647
 
 
12th July 2017, 05:38 PM |#2  
emoney1219's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Vomit

But.....the only change listed is that it includes the May, 2017 security update. About a 50MB download.

https://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/...ution/MS118647

I'm on the NPN25.137.35 with the latest security patch level showing from January. Phone is telling me it is up to date Not sure it maters but I'm in Salt lake City, UT.
12th July 2017, 05:44 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 441
 
More
I got this update last week. I have the OTA zip if needed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3p...w?usp=drivesdk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redbeard1083 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redbeard1083 Ad-Free
12th July 2017, 06:21 PM |#4  
emoney1219's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeard1083

I got this update last week. I have the OTA zip if needed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3p...w?usp=drivesdk

Stange, why would you have had the update for a week and I havn't even received it yet?
12th July 2017, 07:03 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orange County, California
Thanks Meter: 152
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoney1219

Stange, why would you have had the update for a week and I havn't even received it yet?

It's very typical for carriers and manufacturers (including Google for Nexus/Pixel) to do staggered rollouts of updates. It reduces server load, but more importantly, if there is a bug the people who get it early (there are typically not that many who get it early) would report the bug. Then the second batch of people getting it is bigger, then the third even bigger. Rollouts can last 3-4 weeks. I wouldn't panic. We are their beta testers.

Location probably doesn't matter. I'm based in OC, but currently in the Palm Springs area.
12th July 2017, 07:53 PM |#6  
atrac17's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Clearwater, FL
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeard1083

I got this update last week. I have the OTA zip if needed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3p...w?usp=drivesdk

Flashable from TWRP or fastboot?

Edit: Question Answered
13th July 2017, 07:40 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 297
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Vomit

But.....the only change listed is that it includes the May, 2017 security update. About a 50MB download.

Hi,

Identical to the RETEU update from the last week! Still waiting for a "real" update.
13th July 2017, 09:13 AM |#8  
MrBelter's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 254
 
More
Still nowt for retgb
13th July 2017, 02:00 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
I tried to adb sideload the zip above but I get an error. Any ideas? I dropped the name "BLUR version" and renamed the zip "update.zip"...got the error. I redownloaded and renamed to NPNS25.137-35-5...same error
Edit: here is the error message "package expects build thumbprint of 7.0/NPNS25.137-35-5/5 user release-keys or 7.0/NPN25.137-35/37 user release keys; this device has 7.0/NPN25.137-33/35 user/release -keys"
Is there another firmware that I need to download and apply first?
Edit 2: does motorola require fastboot all the files (unzipped) instead of adb? In my other phones I just put the update.zip file on the root directory and applied with stock recovery. That did not work either. Same error message.
13th July 2017, 05:39 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 441
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by long2ski

I tried to adb sideload the zip above but I get an error. Any ideas? I dropped the name "BLUR version" and renamed the zip "update.zip"...got the error. I redownloaded and renamed to NPNS25.137-35-5...same error
Edit: here is the error message "package expects build thumbprint of 7.0/NPNS25.137-35-5/5 user release-keys or 7.0/NPN25.137-35/37 user release keys; this device has 7.0/NPN25.137-33/35 user/release -keys"
Is there another firmware that I need to download and apply first?
Edit 2: does motorola require fastboot all the files (unzipped) instead of adb? In my other phones I just put the update.zip file on the root directory and applied with stock recovery. That did not work either. Same error message.

You should probably just wait until the OTA pops up on your device.
The Following User Says Thank You to redbeard1083 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redbeard1083 Ad-Free
13th July 2017, 07:41 PM |#11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Nothing yet for me. Pennsylvania, RETUS. Will notify once I have it available.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes