FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HOW-TO] Revert from an Oreo Custom ROM to stock and install Official Oreo via OTA

185 posts
Thanks Meter: 53

By BlackScout, Senior Member on 14th September 2018, 09:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th February 2019, 07:59 AM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reganEZ

That i havent checked. should I go ahead with the rest of the steps?

You should go

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by reganEZ

That i havent checked. should I go ahead with the rest of the steps?

You should go ahead
The Following User Says Thank You to riyan65 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift riyan65 Ad-Free
12th July 2019, 05:06 AM |#52  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey guys, I'm trying to revert from custom pie to stock, without sucess.

This is the info OP requested:
(bootloader) ro.build.fingerprint[0]: motorola/potter_nt/potter_nt:8.1.0
(bootloader) ro.build.fingerprint[1]: /OPS28.85-17-6-2/77e7:user/release

So, I downloaded this firmware "POTTER_RETAIL_8.1.0_OPS28.85-17-6-2_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml".

However, I'm getting error messages all the time, as visible in the prints.

Can anyone help me with this?

print 1
print 2
13th July 2019, 11:09 AM |#53  
Thanks Meter: 2,054

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcomini0

Hey guys, I'm trying to revert from custom pie to stock, without sucess.

This is the info OP requested:
(bootloader) ro.build.fingerprint[0]: motorola/potter_nt/potter_nt:8.1.0
(bootloader) ro.build.fingerprint[1]: /OPS28.85-17-6-2/77e7:user/release

So, I downloaded this firmware "POTTER_RETAIL_8.1.0_OPS28.85-17-6-2_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml".

However, I'm getting error messages all the time, as visible in the prints.

Can anyone help me with this?

The errors on the second screenshot at the bottom (clogo and customize) are totally normal, this is for customizations from Moto maker, you can ignore them. There's another error regarding logo, have you flashed another bootlogo to get rid of the 'the device is not secure' screen?
The rest of the first screen looks pretty normal,not sure what happens on the second screenshot. I'm on mobile now, have to check that at PC for better viewing.Is your device booting into stock? If not what happens (error message)?

Another question, do you use a flashall.bat to make sure you don't have any wrong inputs ?
Here's one for stock Oreo:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfh67uzfle...hallO.bat?dl=0

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using XDA Labs
18th July 2019, 03:58 AM |#54  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcity

The errors on the second screenshot at the bottom (clogo and customize) are totally normal, this is for customizations from Moto maker, you can ignore them. There's another error regarding logo, have you flashed another bootlogo to get rid of the 'the device is not secure' screen?
The rest of the first screen looks pretty normal,not sure what happens on the second screenshot. I'm on mobile now, have to check that at PC for better viewing.Is your device booting into stock? If not what happens (error message)?

Another question, do you use a flashall.bat to make sure you don't have any wrong inputs ?
Here's one for stock Oreo:

Hey, thanks for helping me!

So, I haven't flashed anything besides TWRP and Pixel Experience, so I have no idea why is this error appearing.

And no, the device is not flashing the stock. Whenever I reset my phone, it goes directly to bootloader. When I press "Start", it boots Pixel Experience.

I even tried to use the .bat you sent me, but I got the same results...
18th July 2019, 11:47 PM |#55  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcomini0

Hey, thanks for helping me!

So, I haven't flashed anything besides TWRP and Pixel Experience, so I have no idea why is this error appearing.

And no, the device is not flashing the stock. Whenever I reset my phone, it goes directly to bootloader. When I press "Start", it boots Pixel Experience.

I even tried to use the .bat you sent me, but I got the same results...

Every error message is named " command write failed (no error)".
If you google that you often find that there is an issue with the USB connection. Check your USB ports and the cable, or try another PC.

Also, are you using a Linux distribution or Windows? And what kind of ADB and Fastboot tools?

2nd August 2019, 03:35 PM |#56  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by riyan65

You should use retin software as you are from India and you should use the latest version of retin to have the latest firmware.you can get retin firmware form here.https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware...LT_CFC.xml.zip

And then just go for flashing as given then for bootloader lock procedure.

For flashing you need Motorola drivers and ADB tool to flash, extract the firmware in the ADB folder and open ADB start entering the command from here

Code:
fastboot oem fb_mode_set
fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash dsp adspso.bin
fastboot flash oem oem.img
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase customize
fastboot erase clogo
fastboot oem fb_mode_clear
fastboot reboot
And the enter this commands to lock the bootloader:-

Code:
fastboot oem lock
fastboot oem lock
fastboot flash oem oem.img
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot oem lock
Now you are on stock with locked bootloader.

I am on arrow os pie, want to get it back to stock. Should i backup persist? As per the quoted message, that step isn't mentioned. Thanks in advance.
2nd August 2019, 04:14 PM |#57  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArjunSindhya

You should use retin software as you are from India and you should use the latest version of retin to have the latest firmware.you can get retin firmware form here.https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware...LT_CFC.xml.zip

And then just go for flashing as given then for bootloader lock procedure.

For flashing you need Motorola drivers and ADB tool to flash, extract the firmware in the ADB folder and open ADB start entering the command from here

And the enter this commands to lock the bootloader:-

I am on arrow os pie, want to get it back to stock. Should i backup persist? As per the quoted message, that step isn't mentioned. Thanks in advance.

For flashing oreo you don't need persist backup as there is no problem in oreo. But if you going for nougat then take a back up of Persist, so in case you lost IMEI then you can get back you presist. But for any unknown problem in future it will better to take a back up presist.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to riyan65 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift riyan65 Ad-Free
2nd August 2019, 04:35 PM |#58  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by riyan65

For flashing oreo you don't need persist backup as there is no problem in oreo. But if you going for nougat then take a back up of Persist, so in case you lost IMEI then you can get back you presist. But for any unknown problem in future it will better to take a back up presist.

Oh okay, I will be going back to Oreo itself. Is it okay to flash the latest Oreo even though I was on the older update when I switched to a custom ROM?
2nd August 2019, 05:01 PM |#59  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArjunSindhya

Oh okay, I will be going back to Oreo itself. Is it okay to flash the latest Oreo even though I was on the older update when I switched to a custom ROM?

You can flash the latest oreo firmware for your device, it doesn't matter if you go from older to latest, but if you go from latest to older version it will brick your device, so be alert when you download the firmware.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to riyan65 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift riyan65 Ad-Free
2nd August 2019, 06:17 PM |#60  

More
In short terms: Don't downgrade.
Everything else is ok.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolfcity For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wolfcity Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
oreo, ota, roms, stock, tutorial

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)