FORUMS

I've got the unlock code for my G5+ Prime Exclusive from Motorola's site

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By darklogic, Junior Member on 1st June 2018, 08:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm really surprised. Minutes ago I tried to get the unlock code for my Prime Exclusive phone, expecting "a miracle" but indeed: it happened. Can anyone else try to get the unlock from Motorola's site to confirm that is working now for Amazon Prime Exclusive Moto G5+? I'm a little afraid of "bricking" my phone

Email from Motorola

Moto G5+

Sorry for the images... I couln't find the button for attachments
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darklogic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift darklogic Ad-Free
2nd June 2018, 03:37 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Lincoln, ND
Thanks Meter: 3,334

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklogic

I'm really surprised. Minutes ago I tried to get the unlock code for my Prime Exclusive phone, expecting "a miracle" but indeed: it happened. Can anyone else try to get the unlock from Motorola's site to confirm that is working now for Amazon Prime Exclusive Moto G5+? I'm a little afraid of "bricking" my phone

You have probably gotten a "golden" IMEI... we know a few Amazon phones leak through the system and can be unlocked, we hear rumors from time to time of someone getting lucky.

I don't have any more Amazon Prime devices here anymore, but would be curious to have others try but I expect you just got lucky. Be aware that returning to stock after modifying the device could be problematic as we have no firmware images from the amazon software channel and a different software channel won't flash, but custom ROM's work.

Remember, you have gotten the code... so your Moto warranty is voided no matter what you do (although Amazon will likely honor it if it's within return window). Tread carefully, few people have been in your shoes. :/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to acejavelin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift acejavelin Ad-Free
2nd June 2018, 03:48 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklogic

Email from Motorola

Moto G5+

Sorry for the images... I couln't find the button for attachments

Did this today morning, with my Moto G5 plus amazon prime and now with the ROM][8.1.0][POTTER] Pixel Experience already.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NorthZebra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NorthZebra Ad-Free
3rd June 2018, 02:01 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
the amz version can be unlocked now it seems I got it also
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krison01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift krison01 Ad-Free
4th June 2018, 01:26 AM |#5  
I hardly read up on my G5 Plus here because the phone was unrootable, but I thought I'd come see what's new and WOW.....how cool is this. Now I'm unlocked, have TWRP, Magisk, and I'm happy with the phone again, even though it's not my daily driver. I had a fun afternoon.

I know we don't have the stock image to restore, and I DON'T EVEN CARE. LOL I'll have to put my TWRP backup somewhere safe or just use custom ROMs. I was too excited to NOT toy with the phone today.
The Following User Says Thank You to jumphour For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jumphour Ad-Free
5th June 2018, 10:42 AM |#6  
Flag Charlotte
Thanks Meter: 53

Donate to Me
More
I just tried mine this morning and I can confirm that it works!

If you are reading this and haven't got your unlock code, at the least, you need to do it soon. Just make sure to read ALL the Moto disclaimers and especially these forums so you know what you're getting into.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using XDA Labs
6th June 2018, 05:31 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I don't believe you, so tell us how the heck did you get into fastboot mode?
I'm in develop mode, oem and usb debug choosen and after each reboot the cell boots into typical phone mode, no fastboot.
6th June 2018, 10:06 AM |#8  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,544

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApisNatural

I don't believe you, so tell us how the heck did you get into fastboot mode?
I'm in develop mode, oem and usb debug choosen and after each reboot the cell boots into typical phone mode, no fastboot.

Power off your device completlely and then press and hold the volume down button for 2 or 3 seconds.While still holding down volume down, press and release the power key. That should bring you into fastboot mode.

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using XDA Labs
6th June 2018, 02:17 PM |#9  

More
thanks, I was holding the volume up, my bad.

now the motorola unlock code page says down for 24hrs.
8th June 2018, 03:58 PM |#10  

More
moto unlock page working right now today as of this post.
8th June 2018, 06:00 PM |#11  

More
just not working for me. oh well...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)