LineageOS 15 Android O (Unofficial Rom)

Search This thread

LenAsh

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 20, 2011
Midlands, UK
Yes! Nice rom. Have it installed on my phone! Most things work fine, but for now you'll have to do without a camera.... Let's hope @vache opens a LOS 15 thread soon to keep us up to date!

Please avoid "mentioning" other members - one of the biggest complaints we get from those affected. Nobody likes a nag.

what all stuffs are working for you in this build? whats working and what is not working thanks in advance

Why ask when the post above yours has this info? Please read previous posts BEFORE clogging the thread with this stuff.

Last edited:

itslels

Oct 21, 2012
Been testing this build for almost 24 hours and no random reboots or anything of that nature. For such an early Oreo build, this build is very decent. Main issues I've found so far

-camera broken
-flashlight not working (probably because of the camera)
-auto rotation is very slow a majority of the time.

With the way vache has been progressing with Oreo, I'm sure these things will be fixed sooner than later!

georgecarstoiu

Jun 10, 2012
Aarhus / Denmark
OnePlus 7T
Went ahead and installed Oreo on my G5Plus.

Literally impressed, this being a first version and everything. Ended up installing all the applications I usually have on my phone - including root access. Everything went smooth and I didn't encounter any problems. Basically I will use it as a daily driver.

What doesn't work:
* camera
* FM Radio App
* Proximity sensor during calls - screen doesn't turn off by itself

Annoyances - unrelated to development, but more overall Oreo experience:
* not that easy to remove navbar
* all the settings are rearranged so, it's hard to find anything at first
* data usage option - hard to discern between the two SIMs

Don't know yet how battery life is - will get back to you guys.

fAIyaZ

Jul 10, 2015
ankleshwar
And I hate substratum: it destabilizes the rom! I like things the way they're meant to be!
But hey! That's just me! Everyone is entitled to have his/her own opinion. [emoji12]

OK but..

wb36u6Z_d.jpg

Last edited:

itslels

Oct 21, 2012
My ROM is so destabilized from substratum, that I haven't had to reboot in days. ....please... I swear people just come up with stuff.

Meanwhile, I'm guessing we might not see another O build from vache until he gets camera fixed. Or at least most the bugs left besides camera.

Reactions: aaronrw

aaronrw

Nov 16, 2011
A TOWN!
My ROM is so destabilized from substratum, that I haven't had to reboot in days. ....please... I swear people just come up with stuff.

Meanwhile, I'm guessing we might not see another O build from vache until he gets camera fixed. Or at least most the bugs left besides camera.
I checked and camera is broke on Nexus 5x too so we're in line with them that's awesome sauce

smitharro

Jan 2, 2012
Blokker

Yeah, I think so too. But meanwhile probably no updates from LOS 14.1 also, I'm afraid... Let's wait and see.

hell0mot0

Sep 15, 2017
I wanted to try this Oreo ROM on my G5 plus but the download requires a password ... is there something I'm missing? Or did vache put this on hold for a while?

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

The 15.0 rom is gone from ROMs/LineageOS/ directory.
A link I have seen to the same file in a different directory (tmp/o) requires a password.

Top Liked Posts