March Security Patch

Search This thread

Wolfcity

Recognized Contributor
Read this on XDA News recently and it makes me worried about the the integrity of the updates on my phone
Yes, it's another case of OEM's probably lying to their customers.
You can check your state with SnoopSnitch from playstore.

Edit: Found one patch completely missing on my Moto G5+.

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using XDA Labs

Last edited:

olive23

Jul 10, 2013
CLEVELAND
I get an error trying to install.

Sent from my Motorola Moto X (4) using XDA Labs

Attachments

• IMG_20180414_163116534_LL.jpg
    IMG_20180414_163116534_LL.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 173

Abhinand PS

Feb 17, 2018
March Security patch

Till now didn't received in Kerala but in India it started few weeks back getting I don't when for retin software channel:confused::crying:

rjherms

Jul 23, 2011
Hopefully they will release Oreo with the patch but that seems unlikely. Rumors from Brazil they are a few weeks from soak testing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    INTRODUCTION

Motorola is excited to announce a new software update for moto g5 plus by Motorola. This update brings important security improvements to your phone.

For more information on Motorola updates and repairs, visit us at www.motorola.com/mymotog.

NOTE: All information on your phone will be saved. You cannot downgrade to a previous software version after installing this update.

ENHANCEMENTS

This update introduces changes including the following:

1. Android security: Includes the updates of Android security patches through March 1st, 2018.

Source: https://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/en/Solution/MS126800

I have yet to receive it here on retbr. Will keep updated if I see anything show up. ;)
    Nice. But it would be much nicer if they would roll out Oreo. I was hoping they would do that in combination with the march security patch. But it seems we'll have to wait some more time.

Honestly, I don't see what the big fuss is about Oreo. We have it already by way of custom ROMs, and it's stable enough for daily use at this point. The only issue I've seen is that certain camera functions don't work properly without the proprietary firmware, so if you want to adjust ISO or shutter speed you have to use a stock rom. That's exactly what I'm doing, btw, and I have yet to see anything 8.1 has that makes it functionally Superior to 7.0 and aside from security patches, I'm unlikely to change anything about my rom because Oreo just doesn't "wow" me.
    it should "wow" the fact that Motorola promised something as a company and did not deliver.
    Would you trust them again? Do you believe they are caring enough about you as customer, or do you think they see you more as money than other OEMs? :confused:
    I'm out won't due that stuck button problem I had and the delayed updates.

Pls this is not a personal attack

Companies lie. It's a universal constant. LG lied when they said all LG G4 devices after a certain serial number were free of the bootloop solder defect. Lie. They said it wouldn't happen in future devices. Lie. HTC lied about certain phones getting Gorilla Glass... They all lie. Motorola/Lenovo didn't give an exact date, they just said it would happen for a specific list of devices. They've reiterated the list, and then started a rollout in AUS/NZ for the X4 which is on that list, so now they can say they kept their promise because they started the rollout on one of the listed devices. They're going to say the delays are because they can't, logistically, rollout to all of them simultaneously. They've still come closer to keeping the promise than any other OEM, but they're all liars about something.

And I never take anything as a personal attack unless someone says something personal about *me* in an insulting way, so we're good. You're just sharing your opinion, same as I did. There's no harm in that.

I don't even...
    There is no screen. It's unreleased. You don't need proof, it's Lenovo/Motorola Support website.
    Am I the only one who don't want Moto to release orio for this device? I was also waiting for Oreo but after updating on one of my devices I found the new UI awkward specially the status bar and quick tyles (they all are either white or pure black). Also I am not going to unlock this as official LaOS is not available.
    Anyone has any idea if official builds will ever be possible for Potter or not?

I love the white UI from oreo.
    Don't worry, you can stop updates on the device.. but you won't receive security patches in nougat after oreo.