By Suman117, Senior Member on 29th March 2017, 09:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th April 2017, 10:10 AM |#21  
Flag Minsk
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibercarbon

i would just like to be able to turn the ads off, there has to be some sort of way to do so for educational purposes of course.. it has been done on other amazon models with ads, so it can be done on the new moto g5 plus someone just needs to figure out a simple way to do so. I dont want to root or unload anything just stop the service displaying the ads.

This is what I'm also looking for. I'm waiting for my Amazon Prime version with ads. I Do not want to unlock the phone now, I'd like to start with removing ads
But I do not think it's the right place for discussing it... As soon as I receive my phone I'll try doing it (maybe this way) and I think we'll need another topic for this

Here we can only cry that our bootloaders can't be unlock )(

22nd April 2017, 05:04 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Command should be "adb devices", not "adb device".
The Following User Says Thank You to jstiel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jstiel Ad-Free
22nd April 2017, 10:48 PM |#23  
Flag Cape Coral, FL
Thanks Meter: 3,107

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMaks

This is what I'm also looking for. I'm waiting for my Amazon Prime version with ads. I Do not want to unlock the phone now, I'd like to start with removing ads
But I do not think it's the right place for discussing it... As soon as I receive my phone I'll try doing it (maybe this way) and I think we'll need another topic for this

Here we can only cry that our bootloaders can't be unlock )(

Your link only turns off the ads. That isn't going to unlock the phone. It may not even work with this phone.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
23rd April 2017, 09:14 AM |#24  
Flag Arona
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Is there a way to lock it?
23rd April 2017, 04:59 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbert

Is there a way to lock it?

Do you mean unlock? The Amazon version can never be bootloader unlocked. If you have one, return it while you still can buy the non-addictive version.

24th April 2017, 12:58 PM |#26  
Flag Arona

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbardi

Do you mean unlock? The Amazon version can never be bootloader unlocked. If you have one, return it while you still can buy the non-addictive version.

Nope, I actually mean lock it.
Example, if I'd have to sell the device and the buyer wants the bootloader locked.
25th April 2017, 09:03 PM |#27  
Flag J'Ville
Thanks Meter: 2

More
can someone help om the moto gr5 ..I unlocked the bootloader ..I think ...... when I went into recovery mode and did a wipe I think I hit wipe system on mistake ...it bricked my phone ....so I got the lastest firmeware back on my phone android 7.0 nougent and I cant get my phone back into recovery or the computer doesn't recognize it when I hook back up to command prompt...is there a way to flash the TWRP through the SD card cause I can hook it to the computer and access that...?? total newb so help would be appreciated,>>??
25th April 2017, 11:44 PM |#28  
Flag Arona

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxgmfb

can someone help om the moto gr5 ..I unlocked the bootloader ..I think ...... when I went into recovery mode and did a wipe I think I hit wipe system on mistake ...it bricked my phone ....so I got the lastest firmeware back on my phone android 7.0 nougent and I cant get my phone back into recovery or the computer doesn't recognize it when I hook back up to command prompt...is there a way to flash the TWRP through the SD card cause I can hook it to the computer and access that...?? total newb so help would be appreciated,>>??

Turn the phone off and press Volume - and Power button together, the device will boot in bootloader mode, then you can connect it to you computer and with the driver from the first post the phone will be recognized and you'll be able to flash TWRP and then put whichever ROM you would like to flash thru the recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to ilbert For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ilbert Ad-Free
26th April 2017, 01:35 AM |#29  
Flag J'Ville
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Turn the phone off and press Volume - and Power button together, the device will boot in bootloader mode, then you can connect it to you computer and with the driver from the first post the phone will be recognized and you'll be able to flash TWRP and then put whichever ROM you would like to flash thru the recovery.

thanks....the phone will go into bootloader mode no problem....once i get it ,,the adb cmd prompt wont reconize it.. am i able to flash the files through my SD card..????

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Quote:

thanks....the phone will go into bootloader mode no problem....once i get it ,,the adb cmd prompt wont reconize it.. am i able to flash the files through my SD card..????

i got my phone to hook to adb but i dont understand how to place the files downloaded into then adb terminal so they will flash...??
26th April 2017, 06:26 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:

Nope, I actually mean lock it.
Example, if I'd have to sell the device and the buyer wants the bootloader locked.

You can lock it, but Lenovo will still see that phone as having been unlocked. The moment you unlock it, the warranty is void and there is no way to go back from that and pretend like you never unlocked it, so the buyer will have a locked phone but with a voided warranty.

26th April 2017, 09:45 AM |#31  
Flag Arona

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbardi

You can lock it, but Lenovo will still see that phone as having been unlocked. The moment you unlock it, the warranty is void and there is no way to go back from that and pretend like you never unlocked it, so the buyer will have a locked phone but with a voided warranty.

Yeah, I know about that, but even just to remove the "you phone cannot be trusted" boot screen.

Command to lock it back would be "adb lock oem"?

Quote:

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

i got my phone to hook to adb but i dont understand how to place the files downloaded into then adb terminal so they will flash...??

You just need to flash the TWRP, the boot into recovery and the computer will see the internal memory of you device, letting you copy the things you need to flash.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)