FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Does the moto G5 supports the Turbo Power 15W charger?

164 posts
Thanks Meter: 63
 
By freeZbies, Senior Member on 7th April 2018, 03:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
An answer in Lenovo's support forums says the G5 does not support Turbo Power, but it comes with a 10W rapid charger. The problem that here in Brazil not even this 10w charger gets shlpped with the phone, neither can I find it for sale, so I'm thinking about getting a 15W Turbo Power charger, does anyone knows if it'll charge the G5 (25W and above are reportedly not working with the G5)
 
 
7th April 2018, 06:50 PM |#2  
It won't work, But you'll get fast charge tho (NOT TurboCharge, which is even faster. Just standart fast charge)
7th April 2018, 10:55 PM |#3  
freeZbies's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonio

It won't work, But you'll get fast charge tho (NOT TurboCharge, which is even faster. Just standart fast charge)

Will fast charge charpe it faster than a 5V-2A charger?
7th April 2018, 11:01 PM |#4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeZbies

Will fast charge charpe it faster than a 5V-2A charger?

Maybe? I'll test it, and say the results
7th April 2018, 11:07 PM |#5  
freeZbies's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonio

Maybe? I'll test it, and say the results

Ok, if you do it, that'll hilp a lot, since moto G5 came with this standard 2A charges.
9th April 2018, 04:21 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag SANTO André
Thanks Meter: 96
 
More
I bought my Moto G5 in Brazil near the launch date, it did come with the 10 W charger (5V-2A, W = V x A, do the math). As far as I know, Snapdragon 430 support Quick Charge 3.0. I bought a ROCK charger with Quick Charge 3.0, just waiting for it to arrive from Aliexpress, should work just fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sephirothrx7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sephirothrx7 Ad-Free
9th April 2018, 06:54 PM |#7  
freeZbies's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirothrx7

I bought my Moto G5 in Brazil near the launch date, it did come with the 10 W charger (5V-2A, W = V x A, do the math). As far as I know, Snapdragon 430 support Quick Charge 3.0. I bought a ROCK charger with Quick Charge 3.0, just waiting for it to arrive from Aliexpress, should work just fine.

Well, I didn't know that this would result in 10W. Anyways, as far as I know the moto G5 doesn't support Turbo/Quick charge, despite using the Snapdragon 430. I say thay because none of the TurboPower chargers in Motorola's website cites the G5 as supported (only G5+/G5S), in addition, I read many reports in Lenovo's official forum repporting it doesn't support Quick/Turbo Charge, like here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G5...0/td-p/3828209
In other words, a 15W charger is not supposed to provide great advantages over the regular charger that came with it.

Anyways, thanks for showing me a 5v-2a equals 10w, I googled and confirmed it.
The Following User Says Thank You to freeZbies For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift freeZbies Ad-Free
4th June 2018, 09:59 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag SANTO André
Thanks Meter: 96
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeZbies

Well, I didn't know that this would result in 10W. Anyways, as far as I know the moto G5 doesn't support Turbo/Quick charge, despite using the Snapdragon 430. I say thay because none of the TurboPower chargers in Motorola's website cites the G5 as supported (only G5+/G5S), in addition, I read many reports in Lenovo's official forum repporting it doesn't support Quick/Turbo Charge, like here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G5...0/td-p/3828209
In other words, a 15W charger is not supposed to provide great advantages over the regular charger that came with it.

Anyways, thanks for showing me a 5v-2a equals 10w, I googled and confirmed it.

You are welcome.
To be honest I have been using the Quick Charger but can confirm if it's working or not. I usually just plug the phone before going to sleep, when I wake up it's already 100% . I will search if there's anything available to detect if it's using the quick charge or not.
1st July 2018, 07:17 PM |#9  
Senior Member
https://neo.edu.gr/parartima/artemida/
Thanks Meter: 80
 
Donate to Me
More
Did it work?
5th November 2018, 02:38 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I'm using my wife's charger from her G4+ and it seems not boost the charger at all. It takes the same time with my own charger. Normally, batteries got a regulator that protect the battery from being overpowered and, maybe, exploded. So, if it was setted to 2A max it won't work anyway. Also, the official charger detects, through USB interface, if the device support Boosted Charging before sending 3A. If you wanna save your money, my advice is don't buy it.
20th November 2018, 05:43 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Moto G5 doesn't support Qualcomm 2.0 or 3.0 which charge at 9V or 12V. My original charger used to charge at 5.2V and up to 1.5A, but it doesn't anymore, now doesn't go over 5.0V. Very difficult to charge when powered on when normal charger only manages about 0.6A . Also have problem with portable battery packs, best option is to connect external battery when full, and it just about stops internal battery falling. Maybe the connector wearing out, have tried different cables....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes