Thanks Meter: 3,325

By CodeZero, Senior Member on 20th December 2017, 12:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th December 2017, 06:54 PM |#11  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Enable camera2 api
Can someone check whether enabling camera2 api works since this is needed to use the Google Camera ports with hdr+. Adding persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1 to build.prop makes all camera apps stop working for me!

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdex

Ok thanks.
It seems to work really well on XT1675 2 GB 16 storage.

Can you check whether the in-call audio quality problem has been solved?

20th December 2017, 07:04 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 358

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soumitro316

Can someone check whether enabling camera2 api works since this is needed to use the Google Camera ports with hdr+. Adding persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1 to build.prop makes all camera apps stop working for me!

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Can you check whether the in-call audio quality problem has been solved?

Not completely, I already noticed with AospExtended that the noise is attenuated but it is still present, however you can hear it quite well. If I have to give a better judgment on Aospextended. For the camera I use the pro version of Footej Camera and here it works really well while the standard one after 3 shots becomes dark.
21st December 2017, 03:57 AM |#13  
Flag Kerala
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soumitro316

Currently we are using a camera wrapper in order to make the camera work. The wrapper doesn't support hal3 so enabling it in build.prop will screw your camera.

If you don't know what a wrapper is
The wrapper is the facade. Sometimes you may have a class which would suit a specific interface, but you can't change the code for it to make it conform to that interface. You can create a wrapper for that class which implements the interface, but which directs most of the calls to the wrapped object.
-- Stackoverflow

If you really want to use hal3 you need to
  • delete /system/lib/he/camera.msm8937.so
  • rename camera.vendor.msm8937.so to camera.msm8937.so
  • then enable hal3 in build prop
  • Reboot

But it will bring back our one photo bug on Oreo
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jobinrjohnson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jobinrjohnson Ad-Free
21st December 2017, 06:03 AM |#14  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobinrjohnson

Currently we are using a camera wrapper in order to make the camera work. The wrapper doesn't support hal3 so enabling it in build.prop will screw your camera.

If you don't know what a wrapper is

The wrapper is the facade. Sometimes you may have a class which would suit a specific interface, but you can't change the code for it to make it conform to that interface. You can create a wrapper for that class which implements the interface, but which directs most of the calls to the wrapped object.
-- Stackoverflow

If you really want to use hal3 you need to
  • delete /system/lib/he/camera.msm8937.so
  • rename camera.vendor.msm8937.so to camera.msm8937.so
  • then enable hal3 in build prop
  • Reboot

But it will bring back our one photo bug on Oreo

Okay makes sense. Thank you for the detailed response!
21st December 2017, 12:47 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
*A fairly minor problem I've had is that the flashlight won't activate using the button in the QuickSettings. The button doesn't seem to respond in any way to being tapped. Is this broken for anyone else?

(*Edit: Having re-installed this ROM today the problem has gone, not sure what caused it.)

Also, wondering if anyone has managed to get Google Camera with HDR+ working in this ROM? I've currently got it working fairly reliably in LOS15 using the port that someone posted for the G5 back in November, but this didn't work for me when I tried it in this ROM yesterday. I've moved back to LOS15 for now, but it seems that there are a couple of extra steps to getting HAL3 enabled in this ROM beyond just the build.prop edit that I wasn't aware of yesterday so I'm just interested to know if anyone has had any success with this?
21st December 2017, 02:03 PM |#16  
Flag Rio Grande do Sul
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaddingtonBear

A fairly minor problem I've had is that the flashlight won't activate using the button in the QuickSettings. The button doesn't seem to respond in any way to being tapped. Is this broken for anyone else?

Also, wondering if anyone has managed to get Google Camera with HDR+ working in this ROM? I've currently got it working fairly reliably in LOS15 using the port that someone posted for the G5 back in November, but this didn't work for me when I tried it in this ROM yesterday. I've moved back to LOS15 for now, but it seems that there are a couple of extra steps to getting HAL3 enabled in this ROM beyond just the build.prop edit that I wasn't aware of yesterday so I'm just interested to know if anyone has had any success with this?

I changed the lib, added the hal3 to build prop and downloaded that hdr+ port (https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=817906626617934890) and worked fine. But as said previously, the bug of one shot only is present.
Edit: Actually, doesn't seem to be making any difference with hdr+ on or off on this app. And the bug of one shot only you can work around by opening the photo that you took and coming back to the camera.
Edit2: The app has a lot of options to work with that can make the hdr+ work just fine, I just haven't found them yet, if I do I'll let you know.
Edit3: Got it working with the following config edited only:
Edit4: I took 2 photos just to see how it was (I don't think I need to say which one has the hdr+ enabled):
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DavidKirsch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DavidKirsch Ad-Free
21st December 2017, 02:37 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidKirsch

I changed the lib, added the hal3 to build prop and downloaded that hdr+ port (https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=817906626617934890) and worked fine. But as said previously, the bug of one shot only is present.
Edit: Actually, doesn't seem to be making any difference with hdr+ on or off on this app. And the bug of one shot only you can work around by opening the photo that you took and coming back to the camera.
Edit2: The app has a lot of options to work with that can make the hdr+ work just fine, I just haven't found them yet, if I do I'll let you know.
Edit3: Got it working with the following config edited only:

Thanks for the info, I appreciate you taking the time to post this! Very glad to hear that it's working
21st December 2017, 07:37 PM |#18  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 180

More
Ow, I wished the USB tethering bug could be fixed with a 64-bit build! Nevertheless, this is a great achievement, congratulations and thank you!
21st December 2017, 08:06 PM |#19  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 776

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Star Max

Ow, I wished the USB tethering bug could be fixed with a 64-bit build! Nevertheless, this is a great achievement, congratulations and thank you!

Soham said maybe a third party app could fix usb tethering, you should try.
21st December 2017, 09:33 PM |#20  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 180

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedray

Soham said maybe a third party app could fix usb tethering, you should try.

The mentioned app is a paid one, and the ideal thing would be fixing the actual Android function. Still, I can survive without USB tethering, as I have been doing since I installed LOS 14.1 :P
22nd December 2017, 12:46 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Anyone is having problem trying to scan the QR Code on WhatsApp web page? The scan area is freezing
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leobragatti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leobragatti Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)