545 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,324

By CodeZero, Senior Member on 1st January 2019, 09:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st January 2019, 01:47 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Hi there,

first thank you for this fine release. I am interested in installing this rom but have a few questions which could also be interesting for other users.

1. I am currently using LineageOS 15.1, can I flash this rom directly after a clean wipe or do I need to flash the stock firmware first? I have read that flashing stock firmware could be dangerous regarding loosing the IMEI.
2. I have installed TWRP 3.2.1 and was trying to do a backup of EFS and persist partions. Only the EFS partition is selectable for backup, persist seems to be missing.
3. Is the stock camera working fine or is there a long delay when starting like in other 15.1 roms?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Finn10111 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Finn10111 Ad-Free

1st January 2019, 03:16 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyamDobhal

Yes,
First follow this guide to unlock your bootloader.
Then install the above mentioned TWRP using ADB & FASTBOOT.
After that follow the instructions in the thread.
Good luck!

Thanks a lotšŸ¤—
1st January 2019, 03:41 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeZero

ATTENTION :-

• Just a heads up, that we are moving to Stock Oreo's firmware, so it's better that you update to it for the upcoming Pie Roms.

So wasn't a waste of time trying out the crappy Stock Oreo after all. Thanks
1st January 2019, 05:02 PM |#14  
Flag Bursa
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Any tested fm radio?
1st January 2019, 05:45 PM |#15  
Flag Rio Grande do Sul
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlay1653

Any tested fm radio?

Yes, it's working.
The Following User Says Thank You to DavidKirsch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DavidKirsch Ad-Free
1st January 2019, 07:08 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thanks a lot for your work! It seems like finally I'm gonna install a custom ROM in cedric I have a Oreo stock untouched device, any heads up as how to not loose IMEI or mess up with something else?

Also, is the camera totally working? Thanks a lot again!

J.
1st January 2019, 09:21 PM |#17  
Flag BanskĆ” Bystrica
Thanks Meter: 123

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm92

Thanks a lot for your work! It seems like finally I'm gonna install a custom ROM in cedric I have a Oreo stock untouched device, any heads up as how to not loose IMEI or mess up with something else?

J.

It's recommended to backup fully working EFS/persist before messing with 64bit TWRP/ROMs.
For the unknown reason, reverting to stock (using fastboot) with anything 64bit at least once installed (even TWRP) wipes the IMEI.

Idk about the camera, but I'd like to ask the same as I'm also interested in trying LOS based on Pie.
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrej_SK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Andrej_SK Ad-Free
1st January 2019, 09:26 PM |#18  
Flag Valencia
Thanks Meter: 14

More
SafetyCheck is certified? No lags and stuttering?
2nd January 2019, 11:48 AM |#19  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm92

At first I thought the camera was working fine. There is no big startup delay when starting the camera app (just the normal second). Flashlight, front camera and video recording also worked for me.

But when I am trying to take a picture from within a messenger app my phone crashes or something. The same thing happens If a take more than one picture. The camera app seems to crash and the whole phone becomes unusable. I only can see a black screen or my lock screen.
2nd January 2019, 11:59 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
How do you back up EFS?
2nd January 2019, 12:02 PM |#21  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.P.P

How do you back up EFS?

Have you looked at the backup options of TWRP recovery? There is a checkbox for each partition you want to backup. Just check EFS and include it in your backup (I assume you also want to backup some other partitions)
The Following User Says Thank You to Finn10111 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Finn10111 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)