[ROM][8.1.0_r50]ViperOS[OFFICIAL][64bits]

218 posts
Thanks Meter: 661

Post Reply Email Thread
21st November 2018, 10:22 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 47

Donate to Me
More
Just installed this and poked around a bit. So far it seems like it might be the best ROM I've had. Just hoping its stable

The only issue is, like every other ROM I've ever tried for this phone, the fingerprint doesn't seem to be working

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmontano

Downgrading it's not neccesary but you won't be able to use the fingerprint if you install directly from Oreo firmware

I just posted saying the fingerprint isnt working so I'm guessing I did something wrong. What do you have to do for it to work?

21st November 2018, 10:38 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
I always get FC of Gapps, which normally could be solved with installing the play services apk manually. Since the ROM doesn't ship with a browser and I have no possibility to download the apk i will have to try again tonight when I get home and a usb connection.
I also get a bootloop when I flash Gapps directly after the ROM. If I first boot into the ROM and than go back to twrp I can install Gapps and it boots fine (then obviously the FC starts). I am coming from a treble ROM so this might not be the case for everyone.
Thanks for the ROM - it's great having someone again who builds for our device
21st November 2018, 01:03 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
@PetNoire

You need to start from stock Nougat then flash rom..that's how you get fingerprint to work.
21st November 2018, 01:30 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Well done dev
Wow what an amazing rom
just curious how to enable night mode in this rom and why it shows charging slowly
21st November 2018, 05:05 PM |#15  
Flag Belo Horizonte
Thanks Meter: 70

More
ROM is great for daily use, very stable, the only bugs I found is when you enable torch, it delays like 5 sec to activate, and when you disable, systemui crashes. When i tried to enable camera2 API (in build.prop), after reboot all camera apps stops working, so you can't use camera HAL3 features in this ROM. But the ROM is stable for daily use, thank you!
21st November 2018, 07:17 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Update: ROM is working great so far!
21st November 2018, 09:05 PM |#17  
Flag México City
Thanks Meter: 7

More
[I'm actually on Resurrection Remix 7.1.2:

-> What i need to do to get no problems after installing? Only a clean flash?
-> Can i use Substratum rootless w/out using Andromeda?]
21st November 2018, 09:16 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I'm trying to install this rom but it's giving "updater process ended with ERROR: 7" in TWRP
21st November 2018, 10:01 PM |#19  
Flag México City

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iagossilva

I'm trying to install this rom but it's giving "updater process ended with ERROR: 7" in TWRP

You must use 64-Bit Treble compatible TWRP, you can download it from here
21st November 2018, 10:35 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I flashed this rom from stock nougat, but fingerprint still not working
22nd November 2018, 01:16 AM |#21  
Flag México City

More
[Ok, after installing i can see a few minor bugs:

-> The torch takes from 3 to 5 seconds to start, but works properly, when it turns off it takes equals from 3 to 5 seconds to turn off
-> In moto actions ---> Fingerprint gestures ---> actions whith screen on/off, the options "swipe left" and "swipe right" are changed (right do as left and viceversa)
-> The rom doesn't pass the safety net comprobation, cause that, certain apps dont work, ex. pokemon go, ingress, snapchat, etc.
-> When try to install more than one app from the play store/restore a web backup account, the store downloads only one app, after that you need to restart your device to continue the download of the other apps, but continues downloading only one

I'll try a few days more, thanks in advice]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)